Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arctic temperatures soar 45 degrees above normal, ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic temperatures soar 45 degrees above normal, ...

Arctic temperatures soar 45 degrees above normal, flooded by extremely mild air on all sides

While the Eastern United States simmered in some of its warmest February weather ever recorded Tuesday and Wednesday, the Arctic is also stewing in temperatures more than 45 degrees above normal. This latest huge temperature spike in the Arctic is another striking indicator of its rapidly transforming climate.

The warmth over Alaska occurred as almost one-third of the ice covering the Bering Sea off Alaska’s West Coast vanished in just over a week during the middle of February, ...

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b1c28dae25f1
    TYT video:

Everythings fine, just carry on!

Local weather pattern, has nothing to do with global climate. Did I say that right? That's the answer I get when I report how friggin cold this last winter was here.

Comment

Weird, it has been damn cold up here until this weekend. My hometown which is above arctic circle has also been damn cold. Looks like they are concentrating on one specific area instead of looking at the mean.

Comment

Click the link and take a look at the map and tell me if you think that's just a small specific area.

Comment

Why is 1979-2000 the baseline, anyway?

Cape Jesup seems to be back to normal (-31C):
          https://www.google.fi/search?rlz=1C1....0.0izVwo9HDUI

Yep, they are scaremongering on anomalies lasting few days.

Warm temperature blowing from south to north is no different than the cold spike we have had in europe these past months.

The rising of average temperature is the one you should worry about.

Comment

Yup, more fear mongering in relations to the weather. When you barely have years as a baseline, it's not going to be accurate. Gotta love WaPo.

Comment

The US got a series of Hurricanes. We got a series of Cyclones. Which have been credited for lifting local sea temps to records.
              I can remember my dad saying something about reliable cyclones bringing summer rains but nothing like this year in recent decades.
              Be interesting to see if this pattern holds up.

Things are getting warmer though compared to decades ago. That's undisputable.
              Last edited by primer; 11-03-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I really can't fathom how people can still be in denial mode? The only thing I can come up with is something like reaction formation as some kind of self-protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsch View Post
                  I really can't fathom how people can still be in denial mode? The only thing I can come up with is something like reaction formation as some kind of self-protection.
                  I think some people just want to see the world burn.

Comment

It's already on fire. I'm sorry that you haven't got that so far!

Comment

I bought a property that had some elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsch View Post
                        It's already on fire. I'm sorry that you haven't got that so far!
                        Sorry, what was that?

I think I got the last word on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by PEMM View Post

I think some people just want to see the world burn.
                          Yep. We're sitting here in South Carolina 46 F, rain, freezing our asses off, down to freezing tonight. Normally 70-80F. I know, local weather pattern, means nothing.

Comment

There is nothing on fire with the world. We had plenty of cold ass weather this year for our winter. -30 and colder. Weather depends on the gulf stream, go yell at it you little whiny German kid. There is plenty of crap out there that has shown "scientists" can be influenced by money and political stance in order to make up shit and influence others. The Earth already goes through patterns of change either it be hot or cold. If you truly think humans are the sole reason for change, you are wrong and paranoid. And as far as I know, if you want to cry about it, you better get rid of the vehicle you drive, otherwise you're nothing but another hypocrite.

Comment

You'll find a willing and stubborn follower in every German just let them save the world abit it will not be questioned.

While totally dismissng things is equally unfortunate, blindly following ideas is also not correct.

An example teh Diesel dabate in germany now teh super evil diesel is SOLELY responsible for particles in cities.

The director of Fraunhofer institute says: The vast amount of fine particles are in the air since forever. It isn't even possible to determine which particles are from diesel engines, not wtihstanding that the amount is negligible in the first place.

https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/artic...enzwerten.html

Don't get me wrong I am all for pointing out errors or dangers, but after a thorough, and not ideologically blinded, evaluation - all relevant points shall count.

Today many things are instantly made religious and defended with the related fervour.

Professor Mathias Klingner demands an ideology free debate:

http://www.dnn.de/Dresden/Lokales/Dr...ch-Autoverkehr

For you Marsch:

Klingner sieht in der Lockerung des Feinstaubgrenzwerts eine „einfache und preiswerte Maßnahme“, um das Stickoxidproblem in Städten zu lösen. Er begründet seinen Vorschlag damit, dass die Feinstaubbelastung in Städten vor allem vom Wetter und kaum messbar von Dieselfahrzeugen beeinflusst werde.
                              Last edited by picanha; 13-03-2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X