The trolley problem (the greater good dilemma) psychological experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post
    Ah no. Bonus points would be if I could kill communists on both tracks.

And all strangers? Need more info. Otherwise I just would walk away.
    Multi track drifting.

Comment

Years back we debated the greater good question. One of the guys i was training with was studying Social Work and of course was doing some Philosophy subjects. It did my head in the whole apple is an apple unless its a banana shit.

The greater good nowadays is at the mercy of the squeaky wheel. People who would have died 100 years back, are now kept alive at sometimes great cost medically. Greater good is misnomer is the self centered world we live in.

Greater good is letting 1 or more died to save the majority is it not? This mindset would see us returning to the days of euthanizing anyone not "perfect". Which cynically i would suggest wouldn't go astray with some of the great specimens running around in our society at present.

But hey, with social media you can't win either way.

Comment

Originally posted by t3ngu View Post
        Years back we debated the greater good question. One of the guys i was training with was studying Social Work and of course was doing some Philosophy subjects. It did my head in the whole apple is an apple unless its a banana shit.

The greater good nowadays is at the mercy of the squeaky wheel. People who would have died 100 years back, are now kept alive at sometimes great cost medically. Greater good is misnomer is the self centered world we live in.

Greater good is letting 1 or more died to save the majority is it not? This mindset would see us returning to the days of euthanizing anyone not "perfect". Which cynically i would suggest wouldn't go astray with some of the great specimens running around in our society at present.

But hey, with social media you can't win either way.

great analysis Mr T3.

i read a similar blurb recently on the training and decisions facing medical workers, relating to their goals as taught in med school.

Given the advanced ability to keep the body and spirit housed in the same unit in todays techno savy world....the decisions as to when and why to let the spirit leave the worn out or damaged body......is muddy to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post

Multi track drifting.

There are some serious bonus points in that move.

Comment

A two year old solves the trolley problem.

Comment

Amazing, leave it to adults to complicate the simple.

Comment

I would do nothing...the 5 chose the wrong track...why punish the single one for standing on the right track?

Not totally serious but my point is this "thingy" abou what woudl you do in case X is onyl superficailly logical...there plays so much more into it...for example why in the first place are they standing

there?

Comment

Working...
                X