Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Home Sec. Amber Rudd: Yeah, I don't understand encryption. So what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Home Sec. Amber Rudd: Yeah, I don't understand encryption. So what?

UK Home Secretary Amber Rudd has once again demonstrated she does not know how encryption works, this time by explicitly admitting it to delegates at a Tory party fringe conference where she also hit out at "patronising" techies that "sneered" at politicians.

Speaking at a Spectator event, Rudd said: "It's so easy to be patronised in this business. We will do our best to understand [encryption].

"We will take advice from other people but I do feel that there is a sea of criticism for any of us who try and legislate in new areas, who will automatically be sneered at and laughed at for not getting it right," reported the Beeb.

Rest at: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/1...nd_encryption/

I despair, her as Home and Bojo as Foreign. It’s like a fucking carry on film.

Comment

A minister of health doesn't have to be a medical doctor; I don't see why a minister of state would have to be versed in encryption? I'd hope they have a couple of people for that very task.

Comment

She's been advised by a great many (subject expert) people that what she wants is impossible. She's just deliberately chosen to stick her fingers in her ears and sing "la la la, I can't hear you". Which is why she gets mocked now.

Comment

This is about the government seeking access to the internals of messenger apps, right? Well, none who use WhatsApp could reasonably expect their data to be safe with a data kraken like Facebook, so I can't see why a government-mandated backdoor would make matters worse?

Maybe I'm prejudiced.

Comment

Nah this lot want access to all encrypted communications.

Comment

More magical thinking, this time from Teresa May.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...er_encryption/

Retard.

Comment

Good.

Comment

This would be a good start....

The RSA encryption algorithm which is commonly used in secure commerce web sites, is based on the fact that it is easy to take two (very large) prime numbers and multiply them, while it is extremely hard to do the opposite - meaning: take a very large number, given which it has only two prime factors, and find them.
                  Now even a primary school child should understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                    More magical thinking, this time from Teresa May.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...er_encryption/

Retard.
                    Smurf kit

It was like saying we cannot get into this i-phone because its sooooo secure - and then magically its opened up after the FBI have made a big song and dance about how secure it is

All the muppets with apple products believe they are super secure, not

Everything has a back door in it somewhere its just finding it
                    Smartphone users can do "very little" to stop security services getting "total control" over their devices, US whistleblower Edward Snowden tells the BBC in his first British TV interview.

Comment

Working...
                    X