Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiders could theoretically eat every human on Earth in one year

Spiders could theoretically eat every human on Earth in one year

Spiders are quite literally all around us. A recent entomological survey of North Carolina homes turned up spiders in 100 percent of them, including 68 percent of bathrooms and more than three-quarters of bedrooms. There's a good chance at least one spider is staring at you right now, sizing you up from a darkened corner of the room, eight eyes glistening in the shadows.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.13b1dd457eaa

There is some great news. Thanks! Now I can't sleep.

Also heard today these big snakes in Florida (pythons?) can open their mouth so wide by unlocking their jaws.....they can swallow an animal that is 3x their own girth.

Trying to imagine how big an animal I could swallow whole 3x my girth. LOL

Also they digest everything except fur and feathers. Spiders and snakes. Ugh.

Comment

OK. A new idea for cheap cheesy z-series horror movies... As if we needed it...

Comment

Somebody remind the spiders in case they plan to try something: Humans are pretty good at making things go extinct.

Comment

Pff the MSM
          Way to change the sense of a study
          The initial study doesn't say that but says that Spiders are probably eating more biomass than humans which are 2 different things
          Thanks to them (and even if i dislike their crrepy little hairy body and legs) there are less pests all around like flies and mosquitoes

Comment

Originally posted by Mordoror View Post
            Thanks to them (and even if i dislike their crrepy little hairy body and legs) there are less pests all around like flies and mosquitoes
            and Austrians!

Comment

Time to summon Rick's car.

Comment

God, I hate spiders. We have an uneasy truce in the barn, the big Wolf spiders get a pass because they eat the poisonous Brown Recluse spiders, but truth is, I find them all waaay too creepy. All the other weird looking spiders get a pass as well because they eat flies. I took this picture of a jumping spider that caught a fairly good size horse fly. Now jumping spiders get a pass also.

Comment

I tend to not kill spiders, which drives my wife bonkers.

No sympathy or mercy to mosquitos and flies, whatever the variation.

Had a horse fly get into my jacket while on a motorcycle at 60 mph with a passenger on the back ... May they all die.

Comment

Sorry I must disagree with my ESTEEMED colleagues......all spiders must die and do die in my house.

additionally all snakes in my back yard with my dogs, risk their lives, especially in the dark. I typically give a pass to those in yards not occupied by my animals.

Comment

I just cleaned out the gutters. Put my ladder beside a big golden orb. He wasn't interested in me, and i wasn't interested in him.

Spiders play a vital role in pest control. Including keeping yankees out of Straya.

Comment

Originally posted by t3ngu View Post
                        I just cleaned out the gutters. Put my ladder beside a big golden orb. He wasn't interested in me, and i wasn't interested in him.

Spiders play a vital role in pest control. Including keeping yankees out of Straya.
                        that is certainly the only reason I haven't pressed for annexation.

Comment

Originally posted by commanding View Post
                          Sorry I must disagree with my ESTEEMED colleagues......all spiders must die and do die in my house.

additionally all snakes in my back yard with my dogs, risk their lives, especially in the dark. I typically give a pass to those in yards not occupied by my animals.
                          Here in AZ, I worry more about toads than snakes, although we have both.

http://m.petmd.com/dog/conditions/to...enom_toxicosis

Comment

To be honest, dentists scare me more.

Comment

Ants could probably do it in a couple of days, spiders are piss weak.

Comment

Working...
                              X