Temperature Record In Qatar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Record In Qatar

Doha // Qatar recorded the lowest ever temperature in the country’s history on Sunday, just 1.5°C.
    The temperature was recorded at a weather station in Abu Samra, in south-west of the country, in the early morning, Qatar News Agency said.
    "The new record low temperature is the lowest since the 3.8 degrees recorded in January of 1964," QNA said.
    http://www.thenational.ae/world/midd...d-low-in-qatar

Amazing that the middle east had partly lower temps than central Europe this winter

I hear it might have something to do with global warming. I don't want to add anything further on it since at this stage it's all just one big conspiracy theory.

Comment

If they'd use the measure God wants us to use it would only be 34.7 degrees. That sounds so much warmer than 1.5.

Comment

I don't see anything about this after a quick search, so allow me...

Some are saying the next Maunder Minimum approacheth.

Anthropogenic Global Warming, whether it exists or not, cannot compete with changes in the Sun's energy levels. This shouldn't result in an extinction-level event, but it will likely be a few degrees cooler on average thru the remainder of most our lifetimes. The River Thames will once again be freezing over regularly, likewise the Dutch will be back to more regularly skating on their canals in these coming winters. Recently we've seen "freak" snowstorms and cold snaps in areas like the Sahara and the Middle East, and these will soon become less "freakish."

Whereas at any given time in our living past, some solar cycles are peaking while other solar cycles are waning, they are now are all entering a "trough" of low activity. Gas giant planets are all "gathering" on one side of the Solar System. For reasons we don't fully understand in the grand world of science, this means Sun activity is slowing and the energy it radiates is getting weaker for the time being. Beginning in the next few years, global average temps will be a few degrees lower for the next few decades.

Gardeners and HVAC companies often reference a geographic "climate zone" when planning which plants to grow or what size air conditioner you need for your home. Think of the Maunder Minimum as though you'll be getting bumped a notch or two into the next cooler zone.

A weaker Sun means a weaker magnetosphere, which means more cosmic rays from the Sun and space are hitting the atmosphere, causing atmospheric compression, which causes weather/temps/moisture to occur where we normally don't see such weather/temps/moisture. Hence the story that started this thread.

A weaker magnetosphere may contribute to increased volcanic activity as well (there's a lot of iron in our Earth), which may cause a bit of a "feedback loop" in the cooling should we have a large volcanic eruption or two.

It's even possible this could be the impetus for the magnetic poles to flip. Current G-M angles will be all outta whack!

Despite a weaker Sun, solar storms will still occur, and with a weaker magnetosphere around Earth that could be bad for satellites and whichever side of the planet bears the brunt of a storm that may or may not erupt in our general direction.

Sources: Casual reader of science/ climate info and books for the past 20 years. Also, there are lots of YouTube channels that harp on this, but be warned some are of the HAARP-conspiracy-theory variety. Many of them want you to purchase their food for stockpiling.

Comment

Yet Santa is going to drown

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Comment

Originally posted by harryc View Post
            Yet Santa is going to drown

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
            Captain Planet was right, why didn't we listen?

Comment

What is the normal temperature of the Earth?

Comment

If we don't know normal, how do we know abnormal?

Comment

The average temperature of the Earth is 16C, but bleh, science right? Let's just guess, I'm going with 24C as in room temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by nant View Post
                    The average temperature of the Earth is 16C, but bleh, science right? Let's just guess, I'm going with 24C as in room temperature.
                    Has it always been 16C?

Comment

I experienced -40c in Montreal. And 52c (125F) in the Death Valley.

Traveling is cool, but I abhor extreme weather. I'm located and happy at about 15c all year on average.

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post
                        Has it always been 16C?
                        No. It has increased by 0.8C since 1880, but you probably mean before Lucy strutted her stuff across the Ethiopian plains.

Comment

Working...
                        X