Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not US, but equally retarded

Berlin university outrages poet by erasing his 'sexist' lyrics from wall

The Alice Salomon University in Berlin has decided to paint over a supposedly sexist poem that is currently emblazoned on its façade. In doing so it has been accused of “trampling” on artistic freedom.
    On Tuesday, the university’s executive committee decided by a majority vote to paint lyrics from a new poetry prize winner every five years instead of keeping the lyrics of the Swiss poet Eugen Gomringer.
    Students at the university had complained that Gominger's Spanish poem "avenidas" was discriminatory against women since it uses the phrase "avenues and flowers and women and an admirer". Students claimed that the line portrayed women as mere objects of male admiration.

https://www.thelocal.de/20180124/ber...ism-allegation

poem:

avenues
    avenues and flowers

flowers
    flowers and women

avenues
    avenues and women

avenues and flowers and women and
    an admirer

----
    clearly sexist

The Alice Salomon University, with 3,700 students, is the largest state university for social work, health and education in Germany.
    Probably just coincidence

Comment

• Originally posted by N-rg View Post
      Not US, but equally retarded

https://www.thelocal.de/20180124/ber...ism-allegation

poem:

avenues
      avenues and flowers

flowers
      flowers and women

avenues
      avenues and women

avenues and flowers and women and
      an admirer

----
      clearly sexist

Probably just coincidence
      Well we don’t have a monopoly on stupidity unfortunately lol. It would be nice if this cancer could be confined to just 1 country.

Comment

• Students take over campus building, issue list of 23 demands, including expulsion of right-wing student
        The demands, spread out over seven sections, include the expulsion of a student with allegedly racist views; the creation of a “student-led Administrative Transparency Board;” mandatory “consent and bystander intervention training” for new students; a “survivor hotline and house” staffed by students “dedicated to ending sexual violence on the College of Wooster Campus;” the order that the college’s website “must immediately becomes language-friendly in every possible language;” and numerous other stipulations.

Notably, the list of demands stipulates that the college “will not penalize, prosecute, or punish any student involved in the protest and the taking over of Galpin Hall on January 24, 2018.”
        https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/41352/

So they want to play protesters but don’t want to get in trouble for it.

Also the college caved to some of their demands and if they expell the right-wing student, they’ll get sued all to hell and end up in the red like Mizzou.

Comment

• Ah yes.... the famous left-wing tolerance strikes again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
            Ah yes.... the famous left-wing tolerance strikes again.
            Tolerance for me, but not for thee!

Comment

• ‘Whiteness Group’ at Liberal Arts College Bars Whites from Asking Blacks Questions

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...cks-questions/

A student group formed to address “white privilege” at Ohio’s Kenyon College bars white members from asking questions of a person of color as part of a process to combat racism.

“Racism is a white people problem,” said the group’s student founder, Juniper Cruz—a self-described “Queer Afro-Latinx Muslim”—at the first meeting, which drew about 50 students

Comment

• Queer Afro-Latinx Muslim

The ultimate victim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                  Queer Afro-Latinx Muslim

The ultimate victim.
                  Are we living in goddamned bizarro world now? I mean fuckin hell....

Comment

• Doesn't IS have a twitter account? Send them this. Their holy war will implode, along with their brains.

By the way, how do you combat racism by refusing to let someone speak because of his or her color of skin? Isn't that… racist by and in itself?

Someone give the me that coup de grace already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post

Well we don’t have a monopoly on stupidity unfortunately lol. It would be nice if this cancer could be confined to just 1 country.
                      You know what's actually sad? Historically, universities were the place people went to in order to escape taboos and restriction. And if some powerful person or group came along and went like "You can't say that!" students and professors alike would shout them out of town.

Comment

• Well, imagine that...

1. https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securit...ed-wear-hijab/ It happened on “World Hijab Day.”

A Muslim student at the University of Central Florida, Rayyan Sukkarieh, grew enraged when another student, Kathy Zhu, refused her invitation to don a hijab in solidarity with supposedly oppressed Muslim women.

Sukkarieh took to Twitter to admonish Zhu: “You didn’t take the time to even ask questions or try to understand what Hijab is. That’s ignorant of you. You literally sprinted after taking the photos. Pathetic.” Sukkarieh added: “TWITTER DO YOUR THING. Let’s get this girl expelled….Ignorance will not be tolerated at my campus.”
                        __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

In this next story, only certain people can self-identify, such as man that wants to be a woman or vice-versa. Other persuasions, clearly not!

2. https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/sorori...charged-photo/

A racially charged photo posted by sorority members at George Washington University sparked outrage from student leaders, who called on administrators to ban the Greek group from campus, according to reports.

The picture, which was shared wildly on social media last week, showed two members of the Alpha Phi sorority posing with a banana peel and included the caption: “Izzy: I’m 1/16 Black,” WJLA reported.

The girls weren’t identified but they, and a third student who took the photo, had been kicked out of the sorority, according to the school’s student newspaper, the GW Hatchet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the "moronic plague" has spread from college and universities to high schools!? D*&N, everyday with this fools. You have got to read this!

2. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/06...lead-role.html

Social justice activists at a New York high school successfully shut down a production of “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” after a white student landed a lead role.

Protests of the production began when an African-American student quit Ithaca High School’s musical production due to the role of Esmeralda being given to a white classmate.

“It shows you that theater wasn’t made for you," the student told the Ithaca Journal. "And it shows you that, if you can’t get the parts that are written for you, what parts are you going to get?”
                        Last edited by haze17; 07-02-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Remember folks, it is not racist if it targets white people.

A group of students at the University of Texas, San Antonio plans to start publishing a “No Whites Allowed” (NWA) magazine.
                          According to a Facebook event titled “Zine Release,” the magazine will be revealed on March 1 at La Botanica, which describes itself as “Texas' first vegan restaurant with a full bar and performance and event venue.”
                          “Thursday at La Botanica from 8-11pm there will be the NWA Zine release party! This zine specifically features and promotes black and brown lgbtqa creatives,” the description states. “We hope to showcase our talent and create an open space for our voices to be heard.”
                          The description goes on to explain that “for a very long time, black and brown people, especially those who are queer, have been told that they don’t have a space. That they don’t have a voice or a say. With this we would like to create a space.”
                          Student Kayla Ramey further elaborated on the event’s purpose in a comment.
                          “I keep having to make this post but I'll try it one last time so everyone clearly understands. The name of the zine is No Whites Allowed. It's a zine for QPOC and by QPOC,” Ramey wrote, noting that while “white people are welcome to come to the event,” the “main goal is to celebrate and empower people that society routinely ignores and rejects.”
                          “Support from white people and heterosexual people is appreciated but is not necessary for the success of this event,” she continued, stating in a second comment that “inclusion is not inherently good, and exclusion is not inherently bad.
                          https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10580

Comment

• Students at Evergreen State College are going ahead this year with their no-whites-allowed "Day of Absence."

Comment

• Two years this nonsense was happening once in awhile, now it is every other day!

https://nypost.com/2018/06/04/white-...rivilege-rant/

A Rutgers University professor — who is white — railed against white children as “little Caucasian a—holes” in a racist Facebook rant that called them out for being privileged.

James Livingston blew his lid Thursday after grabbing a burger to go from restaurant Harlem Shake on West 124th Street, according to the Daily Caller.

“OK, officially, I now hate white people. I am a white people [sic], for God’s sake, but can we keep them — us — us out of my neighborhood?” Livingston wrote in the post that’s since been deleted.

Comment

• Originally posted by haze17 View Post
                                Two years this nonsense was happening once in awhile, now it is every other day!

https://nypost.com/2018/06/04/white-...rivilege-rant/

A Rutgers University professor — who is white — railed against white children as “little Caucasian a—holes” in a racist Facebook rant that called them out for being privileged.

James Livingston blew his lid Thursday after grabbing a burger to go from restaurant Harlem Shake on West 124th Street, according to the Daily Caller.

“OK, officially, I now hate white people. I am a white people [sic], for God’s sake, but can we keep them — us — us out of my neighborhood?” Livingston wrote in the post that’s since been deleted.
                                Anytime anyone says "I hate this person because of their skin color" then they're the asshole racist. You can hate them for many reasons, but the color of their skin? And yet I'm sure this complete bag-o-dicks thinks he's quite tolerant and progressive. It also smacks of a condescending bigotry of low expectations. I'm white, so I immediately assume I'm better than you (privileged) you poor lesser human being.

Comment

Working...
                                X