Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US college shenanigans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • US college shenanigans

    Figured I'd just make a generic thread about this phenomenon. I have no idea what this group is upset about, I don't know what the group in Missouri is upset about, and I don't know why the Yale idiots were upset. All I know is they're all stupid.

    The Dartmouth Review reports that on Thursday, about 150 “black-clad” Black Lives Matter protesters pushed and shoved students and hurled racial epithets at them as they surged through doors of study spaces, harassing students studying for exams and shouting obscenities at them.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...lthy-white-fs/

  • #2
    Thugs protesting over fake racism and invading students' personal space? Color me as surprised. If only these colleges were 1970 Kent State.

    Comment


    • #3
      Famous Harvard professor rips into 'tyrannical' student protesters, saying they want 'superficial diversity'

      High-profile incidents of racial discrimination at the University of Missouri have spurred students across the US to protest racism on their own campuses.

      And while many civil libertarians have lauded the students' actions, Alan Dershowitz, a prominent Harvard Law School professor, has ripped into these students for what he argues are hypocritical demands.
      http://www.businessinsider.com/alan-...lleges-2015-11

      Comment


      • #4
        I was perplexed by the request by Yale students for safe places/havens. I thought that's what your dorm room was for.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post
          Figured I'd just make a generic thread about this phenomenon. I have no idea what this group is upset about, I don't know what the group in Missouri is upset about, and I don't know why the Yale idiots were upset. All I know is they're all stupid.



          http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...lthy-white-fs/
          Back in the day, if I had started making a ruckus in the library, first some of the other students would have "removed" my ass from said library, and then the dean of students would have expelled my ass.

          I say expel the protestors' asses because they are obviously not there to study and they are screwing with other people who are actually there to do what they are supposed to do.

          Comment


          • #6
            WTF?!? Yet another university administrator apologizes to the dirt bags who disrupted the students who were trying to study. I honestly don't get it. Our society has collectively lost its mind.

            http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorize...upted-library/

            Comment


            • #7
              And here we have the white student from the University of Vermont conducting a retreat to "confront their white privilege". The event was a "safe space" for the so called students.

              http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7006

              It used to be that the library was a safe space to study so people of all colors and genders could retain the privilege of being a student by not flunking their $#@*&^ courses. If the library wasn't good enough, one could retreat to one's own dorm room or apartment to study there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JimHPTN View Post
                And here we have the white student from the University of Vermont conducting a retreat to "confront their white privilege". The event was a "safe space" for the so called students.

                http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7006

                It used to be that the library was a safe space to study so people of all colors and genders could retain the privilege of being a student by not flunking their $#@*&^ courses. If the library wasn't good enough, one could retreat to one's own dorm room or apartment to study there.
                I'd say that's the dumbest thing I've heard of all day, but sadly I would be lying. What new insanity possesses the liberal arts colleges these days? Our problems here at Tech aren't near as bad as them. In fact, I know a petition went around last week on our class facebook group asking people to share/like it in solidarity with the Mizzou students, and for the black students to wear all black to our game against VT. To my knowledge, nobody acknowledged the post, and nobody participated in the attempted blackout at the game, lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Token White Guy View Post
                  Thugs protesting over fake racism and invading students' personal space? Color me as surprised. If only these colleges were 1970 Kent State.
                  Time to call in the National Guard, oh wait...it's a gun free zone! Damn,,,,

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Universities are supposed to be the home of technological and thought advancement, not thought policing and reeducation camp registration.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tape found on pictures of black Harvard law professors

                      CAMBRIDGE, Mass. —Students at Harvard Law School discovered on Thursday that black tape had been placed over the pictures of many African-American professors outside a lecture hall.

                      Photos posted to Twitter showed the tape over the faces of the faculty members outside Wasserstein Hall.
                      http://www.wcvb.com/news/tape-found-...t%20Type=Story


                      Am I the only one who thinks that most if not all of these "incidents" are fabricated by the spoiled brats themselves? lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post
                        Tape found on pictures of black Harvard law professors


                        http://www.wcvb.com/news/tape-found-...t%20Type=Story


                        Am I the only one who thinks that most if not all of these "incidents" are fabricated by the spoiled brats themselves? lol
                        I'd give it 95%+. Real students are too busy either studying or partying to do that shit. Only the "studies" majors have that kind of time and no real social life.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post
                          I'd say that's the dumbest thing I've heard of all day, but sadly I would be lying. What new insanity possesses the liberal arts colleges these days? Our problems here at Tech aren't near as bad as them. In fact, I know a petition went around last week on our class facebook group asking people to share/like it in solidarity with the Mizzou students, and for the black students to wear all black to our game against VT. To my knowledge, nobody acknowledged the post, and nobody participated in the attempted blackout at the game, lol.
                          The real question is how long did it take to find something even dumber than that? Certainly no more than an hour at most.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Used to be a time when all that idealism was contained to small protests and bra burning that barely anyone would've noticed outside their state. Then the internet came and fucked it all up. They're Uni kids, if they're not upset at something raise their fees.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think the protesters at the University of Missouri have a point. By the sounds of things there were many instances of racism that the black students had to deal with. Requesting the resignation of the university President though? I don't know, but it sounds like he wasn't doing much to deal with it. You could say this was just dumb teenagers saying or doing dumb teenage stuff, but why? Just don't be racist, it's not that difficult. American universities benefit greatly from the labour of black athletes, so even from a purely pragmatic point of view why on earth would they alienate the goose that lays the golden egg? From a humanitarian viewpoint, it's the 21st century, and black students should not be subject to racial harassment (or anyone, really), and if the university administration knew it was occurring they should have dealt with it.

                              The Dartmouth thing though was just a whole big load of WTF, and achieved nothing. It achieved less than nothing.


                              Originally posted by Laconian View Post
                              I was perplexed by the request by Yale students for safe places/havens. I thought that's what your dorm room was for.
                              I agree completely. My understanding is that back in the day a safe space was a place of physical safety, as in a place you could go if you thought you were in immediate physical danger (being followed on a dark campus at night, for example). There are similar programs run in suburban neighbourhoods, you put a sticker on your front window and kids know they can come to the house if they think they're being followed. I think campus safe spaces were also places like certain professors' offices you could go to talk about things like sexual assault if you didn't want to take it the police, that sort of thing.

                              These Yale students are demanding the whole campus become a safe space, which is ridiculous, and not just physically safe, but they want spaces that are safe from any sort of opinion that does not reflect social justice as they want it to be. In the real world their dramatic reactions to 'micro aggressions' are simply not going to be coddled like they are while they're at university. They're children throwing tantrums and college administrators are coddling them. When their poster boy Barack Obama tells them that they're wrong, then they are fucking wrongity wrong wrong.

                              This is the heart of what Obama said:
                              "I’ve heard of some college campuses where they don’t want to have a guest speaker who is too conservative, or they don’t want to read a book if it had language that is offensive to African Americans or somehow sends a demeaning signal towards women,” Obama said Monday while speaking at a town hall meeting at North High School in Des Moines. “I’ve got to tell you, I don’t agree with that either -- that you when you become students at colleges, you have to be coddled and protected from different points of view. Anybody who comes to speak to you and you disagree with, you should have an argument with them, but you shouldn’t silence them by saying you can’t come because I’m too sensitive to hear what you have to say.”
                              These people have three or four years where they don't have to do anything but learn, both information and critical thinking. Why on earth would you not try to learn everything you can and be exposed to as many ideas as you can? I love school, I think these kids just need someone to go upside their head. Not you, Spartan10k , but the other kids.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X