Charlie Hebdo Must Mock French Terror Victims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Hebdo Must Mock French Terror Victims

After its disgraceful mockery of Russian victims of terror, will Charlie Hebdo show the courage to mock its own countrymen?
    Charlie Hebdo has been thrust into a crossroads.
    In January of this year a pair of fanatical Islamists stormed the office of the satirical magazine and methodically slaughtered 11 people, including then editor-in-chief Stephane Charbonnier.
    Continued at http://russia-insider.com/en/politic...ictims/ri11153

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheKiwi; 14-11-2015, 10:05 PM. Reason: No more than the first two sentences of an article plus the link.

Butthurt stronkers.

EDIT: but here you go. http://nypost.com/2015/11/14/charlie...ray-for-paris/

Comment

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
      Last edited by riderboy; 15-11-2015, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post
        Butthurt stronkers.
        Exactly. And it's pitiful that it has to be brought up.

And what a shill of a website you are using, NotASniper. They need crowd funding as hard they stronk? Jesus, even Russian state funded media is more tactful in which side they support.

Comment

for charlie the Russians are non-humans clearly, but so what?
          that outlet isn't even worth serving as toilet paper and I don't care what they publish
          France is a great country full of nicest people, so let's concentrate on the good stuff they have

Comment

Originally posted by jsilver View Post
            for charlie the Russians are non-humans clearly, but so what?
            that outlet isn't even worth serving as toilet paper and I don't care what they publish
            France is a great country full of nicest people, so let's concentrate on the good stuff they have
            You would have been perfectly right if the events in January didn't happen. After the whole world showed solidarity with the Charlie Staff, this comes off as really distasteful.
            Also, in their previous work, mainly the one that got them killed, they were mocking (however bad the humour was) an idea, that of religion which is IMO not the same as mocking the victims of a terrorist attack.

You don't have to tell me, I have plenty of friends and family in France. But the idea here is to shame the Charlie Hebdo staff, not France as a whole at all.

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post
              /http://i.imgur.com/7QR7PWK.jpg
              Or you know, they could apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by SniperRu View Post

Or you know, they could apologize.
                Why would they apologize? They have the right to do what they do.

Comment

Not that I read Charlie Hebdo, but from the little I see every once in a while, it doesn't appear to be particularly witty, or at least thought provoking. it's just simple provocation for the sake of provocation. like children who use curse words just because it's "taboo" and they can get away with it.

They sort of make a point regarding freedom of speech, but whether people are willing to admit it or not, freedom of speech is quite subjective, even in France.

Comment

There you go, some Charlie Hebdo covers, just so you get the taste of humor presented by the magazine.

http://dandygoat.com/52-days-of-charlie-hebdo-covers

They pretty much don't give a rat's ass who they target in their cartoons. And they won't apologize to no one.

Comment

Imho Charlie Hebdo is a tasteless magazine. And castrated as well, as they have recently put up a statement they won't be depicting Mohammad anymore. We can add hypocrisy to it as well on basis of this latest exercise.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10399955.html

I agree with OP. Would take a creative guy like me 30 sec to come up with "L'aviation Russe intensify bombardement" restyled to events in Paris. Why don't they? Because they're chicken shits abusing free speach and are up for causing an uproar everywhere but not at home.

Should have just gone under through poor sales but then January events happened, sadly, in all aspects, with unintended consequences of skyrocketing their sales and saving them from iirc bankrupcy/closure of business.

Comment

This thread is useless without a link to the publication that you have an issue with.

Comment

No one.! Has to do something.. Life isn't a Ledger.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffit View Post
                            This thread is useless without a link to the publication that you have an issue with.
                            http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/1...054925078.html

Comment

Hey SniperRu. I have something for you :
                              Hébergé par Imagesia, le meilleur hébergeur d'images du net !

No one gives a rat ass about Charlie Hebdo. Your constant rambling about it on the other hand is a excellent way of making yourself a fool....

Comment

Working...
                              X