Proposed EU gun ban?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed EU gun ban?

The European Commission lists nine points − each one more asinine than the previous and less than the latter − in the white paper that should point out the guidelines to face this so-called "emergency":
    A ban on private ownership of all semi-automatic firearms, even when not military-style: all of them, pistols, rifles and shotguns, centerfire or rimfire.
    https://www.all4shooters.com/en/home...d-gun-ban/?p=1

If the comission thinks that I'm going to hand over my guns because of a foreign government entity they have another thing coming. Also I do wonder what the reasoning behind this move is? And the timing is pretty bad with the eurabia mess going on ATM and a gun ban being consistent with hypothetical intentions to turn EU into a totalitarian leftist state.
    At what point did EU even get the right to mess with purely domestic matters in a manner that would harm national security? Could they also rule that states are not allowed to have military mannpower more than 1% of the number of their total population or that war time missile reserves are to be kept in munitions depots controlled by the comission?

Not going to be easy.

Among the 15th most armed countries in the World, 9 are European especially Switzerland, Serbia, Sweden France Germany etc.

Comment

This is the same European Commission that seems to be quite comfortable with huge numbers of marginally screened "refugees" swarming across its borders isn't it? Not my business, but I'd be telling the EU to stick it if I lived there.

Comment

Of course they want to ban firearms, they are shitscared just like the Dutch government in 1918 that the people will rise up. The government actually stated back then that the aim was to take the weapons suited for revolution out of the people's hands, back then they were afraid of communism now it is just for the sake of hanging on to power.

Comment

Uhm...

As a second step, the Commission will weigh at a technical level the value of certain types of firearms currently permitted for civilian use, like semi-automatic weapons, against the security risks, and consider whether it would be more appropriate to further restrict access to these weapons.
          Original source for the Whitepaper:
          http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs..._part1_v12.pdf

Comment

I fail to see how this is any of their business. This definitely falls under scope of countries.

EU will fall, exactly because it's trying to micromanage while it's unable to enforce any of it's base objectives, such as free trade or common foreign policy (large countries currently run it.)

If this directive is passed, it's time to leave EU.

Comment

We can help, we've done it before. The "invasion" is just a little different this time.

http://i.imgur.com/5Dc7UqJ.jpg
              Last edited by digrar; 19-11-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PEMM View Post
                I fail to see how this is any of their business. This definitely falls under scope of countries.

EU will fall, exactly because it's trying to micromanage while it's unable to enforce any of it's base objectives, such as free trade or common foreign policy (large countries currently run it.)

From what it seems there's no directive at this point, all there is is a think tank considering new options.

Comment

The EU suggests a lot of near totalitarian measures right now.

Remember that "hate speech" legislation in EU parliament?

Comment

Originally posted by PEMM View Post

"But you have no right to secede from the Union and we shall fight to preserve it! And don't you dare to shoot at Fort Sumt...eh...Juncker, you damn Rebs! If you secede now, we will come for you to free the refugees and take away your right to arm bears or bear arms or whatever! Just do as we say, damnit!"

--

To be more serious, I agree with you. The EU tries to micromanage where they shouldn't have any say at all and fucks up everything it touches where they should have a say. If the EU had stayed with it's original idea and ideals, it would be fine enough. But some self-declared "elites" want to make it into a huge European nanny state that replaces the current nation states. I feel more and more sympathatic for the Confederates of 1861, only our warcry shall be "The North shall rise again", just because: fuck off Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Artengo View Post
                      Not going to be easy.

Among the 15th most armed countries in the World, 9 are European especially Switzerland, Serbia, Sweden France Germany etc.
                      Switzerland and Serbia aren't EU members.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaito View Post

Switzerland and Serbia aren't EU members.
                        I knew that... Sorry for not being precise enough. They are European nation at least..

Comment

Originally posted by Artengo View Post

I knew that... Sorry for not being precise enough. They are European nation at least..
                          How do non EU nations matter in regard to EU legislation?

Comment

Whatever. Its another topic of discussion then... Forget it

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post
                              We can help, we've done it before. The "invasion" is just a little different this time.

http://
                              Apparently, according to another thread, we've just found 7000-10000 in South Carolina that we can send right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X