Refugee Crisis in Europe - News and Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refugee Crisis in Europe - News and Discussion

I think this topic deserves an own thread and should be separated from the Immigration and Integration thread.

Europe is probably facing the greatest refugee crisis since the ending days of the Second World War. Germany alone expects between 650.000 to 700.000 new refugees for the year 2015.

Demnach könnten in diesem Jahr 650.000, womöglich sogar 750.000 Asylbewerber nach Deutschland kommen. Bislang hatte die Bundesregierung mit 450.000 gerechnet. Dass der Bund seine Prognose in diesem Monat nach oben korrigieren würde, war bereits seit einigen Wochen bekannt.
    http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschla...chtlingen.html

The situation in other European countries, especially those in the south, looks even more grim.
    The Macedonian government has declared a state of emergency in two border regions to cope with growing numbers of migrants, state media have reported.
    The move allows the army to be sent in to control the influx.
    Macedonia is a major transit point for migrants heading from Greece to wealthier northern EU members.
    Some 44,000 people have reportedly travelled through Macedonia in the past two months, many of them fleeing violence in Syria.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34008867

Feel free to post news about the ongoing crisis here and discuss it. I'd just like to ask you to keep it civil and avoid all that rightwing and leftwing BS that haunts social media discussions.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34014353

Macedonia is protecting their own border from Gods knows who from entering their country and the media is acting like they are gunning people down. I don't understand why they are getting shit from the EU for rightfully blocking the riff-raff from illegally entering their country.

Comment

I don't see why Macedonia doesn't just close their border, they're not in the EU, the Free movement of citizens agreement doesn't apply so they can just pull the plug. As was pointed out in the other thread, not all of the these people are refugees, they're economic migrants and 70% of them are men. Sooner the EU faces up to that and the usual suspects like Amnesty International stop refering to them all as 'refugees feeling conflict and persecution', the better.

Comment

17 injured in German refugee shelter riot over 'torn Quran'

"Berlin: Seventeen people were injured in a riot at a refugee shelter in central Germany over a torn Quran, police said on Thursday, in fresh tensions as the country braces to host 800,000 asylum seekers this year. Violence erupted after about 20 refugees in the overcrowded shelter went in pursuit of another resident late Wednesday, accusing him of ripping pages out of a Quran and throwing them in a toilet, local police said.

The Afghan man was eventually saved by the shelter's guards as well as police, prompting the mob – according to local media mainly Syrian men – to turn their anger on the security forces. About 50 people armed with steel rods began throwing stones at the officers, leaving at least 17 people injured. Windows were smashed, furniture flung out of windows and even dividing walls in the shelter hacked down in the rampage that lasted several hours in the town of Suhl in Thuringia."

Here is a web with pictures of the attempted breakthrough earlier. In other news, Macedonian police officer was stabbed in the abdomen after asking Syrian refuges/immigrants to show ID.

Videos from the clashes;

Last edited by Gmon; 21-08-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

What strikes me is inability of high-ranked EU politics to made appropriate moves (military action, suspending some asylum laws, setting up new rules) in the face of this crisis. All that idiots can do is to disscuss ,,how to divide refugees between EU states". Seriously, that's their answer? It tells alot about how pathetic, incompetent, cowardly this people are - lets face it, EU is ruled by the bunch of low class politics. National governmants could make drastic moves but unfortunately they are hamperred by the Brussels.

Nothing but conspiracy theory comes to my mind that it's calculated policy of far-left EU politics and the sole purpouse of it is to destroy or at least weaken nation states in Europe. It's either this or they are so incompetent and best for us would be to say good bye to the EU as we know today...in order to keep Europe as know today.

Comment

Luckily everyone can depend on the evil "fourth Reich" and Sweden to support the biggest wave for now. Germany Announces Plan to Cope with Migrant Influx

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/20/wo...es-asylum.html

European solidarity:

According to figures through June from Eurostat, the European Union’s statistics office, Hungary has registered 32,800 refugees this year, Italy 15,200, France 14,800, Sweden 11,400, Austria 9,700 and Britain 7,300.

Comment

Originally posted by hastati View Post
              What strikes me is inability of high-ranked EU politics to made appropriate moves (military action, suspending some asylum laws, setting up new rules) in the face of this crisis. All that idiots can do is to disscuss ,,how to divide refugees between EU states". Seriously, that's their answer? It tells alot about how pathetic, incompetent, cowardly this people are - lets face it, EU is ruled by the bunch of low class politics. National governmants could make drastic moves but unfortunately they are hamperred by the Brussels.

Nothing but conspiracy theory comes to my mind that it's calculated policy of far-left EU politics and the sole purpouse of it is to destroy or at least weaken nation states in Europe. It's either this or they are so incompetent and best for us would be to say good bye to the EU as we know today...in order to keep Europe as know today.

Its not because they dont want....
              The newest idea of the lefties is to give every coming "refugee" a work permit visa and with that a right of residence.

Meanwhile the state run media goes full propaganda and labes everyone nazi whos is against repatriation of economic !!! migrants.

With the sustained rates, whole Europe will turn into Greece^10 with 15% unemployment in less than 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by hastati View Post
                What strikes me is inability of high-ranked EU politics to made appropriate moves (military action, suspending some asylum laws, setting up new rules) in the face of this crisis. All that idiots can do is to disscuss ,,how to divide refugees between EU states". Seriously, that's their answer?
                What is even more frightening to my mind is that it is not just a 'solution' that they have arrived at in lieu of any better ideas for the time being, figures like the Swedish Prime Minister (not EU i know) seem to genuinely believe that it is the ONLY correct or even worse, only permissible, solution to the problem. Their apparent belief in such measures being both correct and the only permissible answer to the problem in question utterly terrifies me about the future political direction of the continent. God help us if this truly is the politics of the future as it won't end well...

Comment

Originally posted by Token White Guy View Post
                  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34014353

Macedonia is protecting their own border from Gods knows who from entering their country and the media is acting like they are gunning people down. I don't understand why they are getting shit from the EU for rightfully blocking the riff-raff from illegally entering their country.
                  Here you can see an article in the Polish press. You can see a "refugee" who uses his little child as a personal shield:
                  http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomos...uchodzcow.html
                  And here you can see why these people come to the EU:

Comment

Migrants crisis: Slovakia 'will only accept Christians'

Slovakia says it will only accept Christians when it takes in Syrian refugees under a EU relocation scheme.
                    The country is due to receive 200 people from camps in Turkey, Italy and Greece under the EU plan to resettle 40,000 new arrivals.
                    Interior ministry spokesman Ivan Netik said Muslims would not be accepted because they would not feel at home.
                    The UN's refugee agency (UNHCR) called on countries to take an "inclusive approach" to relocation.
                    But Mr Netik denied the move was discriminatory and said it was intended to ensure community cohesion.
                    More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33986738

First Poland, now Slovakia declared exactly the same. Great job, our Slovak bros. Unfortunately, for some people, preventing your country from becoming a Third World's dump is "discrimination".

Comment

There might be something to be learned from the Australian policy,

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...migrant-crisis

No Way. You will not make Australia home - English

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rT12WH4a92w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Musashi View Post
                        Here you can see an article in the Polish press. You can see a "refugee" who uses his little child as a personal shield:
                        http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomos...uchodzcow.html
                        And here you can see why these people come to the EU:

Sorry, but the picture is pure BS. That's exactly the type of propaganda (most likely from a right-wing source like NPD) I warned against in my opening post. The realitiy for refugees in Germany are overcrowded accomodations (often in gyms with some improvised "walls" if they're lucky) or simply tent cities out in the open with very poor sanitary installations. In some instances there wasn't even enough drinking water despite 35°C+ and refugees waiting in the open sun.

Comment

I will gladly add more "BS":

Your are talking of initial take up where all go before they are redistributed - another thing is, there are 800.000 coming this year.

The accomodations needed need to be build first.

I dont care how you classify the comments, feel free to comment shall i not say the truth

Comment

Between 19.06.2015-20.08.2015 overall 44.414 refugees/migrants have been granted access; 28.527 males, 5.735 females, 6.546 children (with at least one parent accompanying them) and 606 children without any parent accompanying them.

Source is the MIA, sry no English.

Comment

Originally posted by N-rg View Post
                              I will gladly add more "BS":

Your are talking of initial take up where all go before they are redistributed - another thing is, there are 800.000 coming this year.

The accomodations needed need to be build first.

I dont care how you classify the comments, feel free to comment shall i not say the truth
                              I called the picture "BS", knowing where it most likely originated from, not his post and certainly not his opinion

True, the initial take up is what I described earlier, but the "final accomodations" aren't always the Hilton either. There's a lot of unrest going on at the moment, with frequent arson attacks against refugee accomodations and even protests/riots right in front of the refugees. The situation is a complete mess and it's not looking like it's going to improve anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X