Democrat Deathmatch - who will face Trump in 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrat Deathmatch - who will face Trump in 2020

Democrats full of excitement, anxiety as 2020 contenders begin 'Roman theatre torture'

The field of Democrats seeking to become a left-wing hero by denying Donald Trump a second presidential term is growing rapidly, with Californian senator Kamala Harris the latest contender to enter the fray.

As many as 20 prominent Democrats are expected to compete in the party's presidential primary, including former vice-president Joe Biden.
    Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren and New York senator Kirsten Gillibrand have announced in recent weeks that they would run for president.
    https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...22-p50stb.html

'Birther' Harris is the latest to proclaim herself the chosen one. She's just released a book that (naturally) glosses over all the scum-bag things she did while prosecutor and AG.

One article that I have read had a possibility of 31 one contenders, those who are thinking about it and those who had announced that they will run. Biden and Hillary have not mentioned much. IIRC Biden is thinking about it and Hillary has asked some other people in the democratic party about it.

Comment

The only one not a wackado is Biden.

I really want Hillary to run again for shiggles and salty tears.

Comment

Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post
        The only one not a wackado is Biden.

I really want Hillary to run again for shiggles and salty tears.
        IMHO, Biden is a wacko. Have you not seen videos of his strange acts towards women and girls? Creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post

IMHO, Biden is a wacko. Have you not seen videos of his strange acts towards women and girls? Creepy.
          True that.

So, let me state, Biden is centrist on the political spectrum, as opposed to the Communists on the party ticket.

Comment

Right now my money is on Castro, but it's still very early days. BTW if it is Castro, he won't win Texas.

One thing is for certain, Dems will again have significantly more money in their campaign(s).

Comment

Texas last backed the Democratic candidate for president 40 years ago, when Jimmy Carter defeated Republican Gerald Ford by 3.2 percentage points. In the 10 elections since then, the state has been a reliable Republican stronghold.

I don't think Castro would win Texas either.

Comment

I don't think Castro would win Texas either.
                Yup. I don't quite understand why democrats thought/think they have a realistic chance of flipping Texas in 2018 or 2020, but they do. With all the money, media exposure and out of state resources poured into "Beto" campaign, he still lost by over 200 000 votes. And that was against a republican candidate who is not particularly popular or well liked. "Beto" spent almost twice as much as Ted, had free nationwide publicity and ended up losing.

Interestingly some media outlets had that race as a "toss up", and most had it "lean red". Either these people are incompetent, or something else is going on.

Comment

I can’t make any prediction so early on who runs the Democrats ticket for 2020. If things remain steady (a solid enough American economy, Trump not engaged in a new foreign war or intervention) however I doubt he can be defeated. But this is America and unexpected changes occurred a number of times over there.

Comment

I expect the Democrats to attack Catholics in the next election because Trump's prospective replacement for Justice Ginsburg (85 and evaporating fast) is most likely Judge Amy Barret. She is a practicing Catholic but the Democrats cannot attack her credentials since they exceed what is necessary so her faith is the target. Sen Dick Durbin already went there with the anti-Catholic angle during her confirmation for the 7th circuit. If Ginsburg leaves early then they will move the attacks up.

Beto O'Rourke couldn't be coherent on immigration or the economy so I expect he will fizzle. His door to door canvassers with the arrogant and demanding attitude, the lame attempts to bully people into voting for him and the text spamming campaign pissed off a lot of people also.

Comment

The problem with the democrats is the hole they are digging in ever stronger societal radicality. Where are the down to Earth blue collar democrats who did´nt spend time on redesigning how toilets should be arranged and who were just there to ask for higher wages?

Comment

My take:

Joe Biden: Most logical choice who would probably win against Trump, but not sure he'll run.
                        Michael Bloomberg: Doubt he'll run, but would probably win against Trump.
                        Kamala Harris: My guess of who'll get the nomination if Joe doesn't run. Will try to leverage her gender and silly never-trumpism. Crazy, but might win against Trump.
                        Cory Booker: Might get nomination. My hope, because it'll be hilarious. Spartacus/Obama Jr. will probably lose though because he's a clown.
                        Elizabeth Warren: Won't get nominated. She's Hillary 2.0 in every way, except also a fake Indian.
                        Bernie Sanders: Will probably run again, but too "out there" in more ways than one to get nominated.
                        Beto/Castro: Don't have the base/support to launch a successful bid. Doubt either can get the nomination.
                        Kirsten Gillibrand: Won't get the nomination. Too many skeletons in her closet (not liberal enough past).
                        Tulsi Gabbard: Won't get the nomination because of gays.
                        Last edited by Jonathan; 23-01-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                          My take:

Joe Biden: Most logical choice who would probably win against Trump, but not sure he'll run.
                          Michael Bloomberg: Doubt he'll run, but would probably win against Trump.
                          Kamala Harris: My guess of who'll get the nomination if Joe doesn't run. Will try to leverage her gender and silly never-trumpism. Crazy, but might win against Trump.
                          Cory Booker: Might get nomination. My hope, because it'll be hilarious. Spartacus/Obama Jr. will probably lose though because he's a clown.
                          Elizabeth Warren: Won't get nominated. She's Hillary 2.0 in every way, except also a fake Indian.
                          Bernie Sanders: Will probably run again, but too "out there" in more ways than one to get nominated.
                          Beto/Castro: Don't have the base/support to launch a successful bid. Doubt either can get the nomination.
                          Kirsten Gillibrand: Won't get the nomination. Too many skeletons in her closet (not liberal enough past).
                          Tulsi Gabbard: Won't get the nomination because of gays.
                          I don't think any of the above can win against Trump. I think the Trump train is rolling! I think the Dems have thrown everything against Trump and the people who voted for him, and they just stirred up a hornet's nest. People who didn't vote Trump last time, I think will next time.

Comment

I don't think any of the above can win against Trump. I think the Trump train is rolling! I think the Dems have thrown everything against Trump and the people who voted for him, and they just stirred up a hornet's nest. People who didn't vote Trump last time, I think will next time.
                            I’d vote for Biden over Trump. And I don’t even like Biden or support much of his/Obama’s policies.

Let’s be honest, Trump is a mess. The man sounds like a buffoon and makes anyone remotely sane cringe every time he opens his mouth. It’s entertaining to watch him call other candidates schoolyard names, or have him go on Twitter-rages, but presidential it ain’t.

As you recall, most people who voted Trump didn’t vote for him but against Hillary. I’m glad they did of course and am pleasantly surprised at the things he’s done (and hasn’t done). Outside of his rallies however Trump’s red-hat wearing fan club isn’t exactly huuuuge. All democrats need to do is put forth a remotely coherent, non-extremist or blatantly corrupt candidate, which unfortunately for the Democrats might be quite a challenge.

Comment

Okay. Jonathan has lot his mind. He’s now a Dem, pro-Biden. That’s what happen when one lives in California.

No, seriously you’re all right about Trump, but I think the Dems also have lost it.

Trump 2020, four more years.

Comment

Working...
                              X