No announcement yet.

GoFundMe for Trump’s Border Wall Hits $12 Million After 200,000 People Donate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoFundMe for Trump’s Border Wall Hits $12 Million After 200,000 People Donate

GoFundMe for Trump’s Border Wall Hits $12 Million After 200,000 People Donate

https://www.ntd.com/gofundme-for-tru...te_268720.html
    The viral GoFundMe page set up “fund the wall” proposed by President Donald Trump has reached $12 million as of Dec. 21, as hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations, are pouring in by the hour.
    A day earlier, an anonymous donor put down $50,000 and another individual donated $17,000. Three other people donated $10,000, and another person donated $9,000, according to the page. A number of people made $5,000 donations in the past day.
    Meanwhile, about 200,000 people have donated.
    Brian Kolfage, a triple-amputee Air Force veteran who received the Purple Heart, started the GoFundMe earlier this week.

“I’m not allowed on Facebook anymore. My company, Military Grade Coffee Company, was outright banned,” he said. “Facebook executives told me I’m not allowed to use it.”
    Kolfage alleged his wife was told by Facebook that the firm would delete her account if it detects his activity.
    “I don’t use Facebook anymore,” he said, adding that he’s taken to Twitter. “It’s ridiculous the way these companies treat people … Americans are not just happy” about it.

https://twitter.com/BrianKolfage?ref...te_268720.html

Can't think of any other example like this to fund a large public works.

Says on his website idiotbook has deleted his page

Comment

Originally posted by primer View Post
      Can't think of any other example like this to fund a large public works.

Says on his website idiotbook has deleted his page
      Idiot book is right.

Comment

So let me get this right. They're going to collect money from donors and give it to a man who stole from his own charity? I'm sure this guy is a patriot doing what he believes is the right thing. The same cannot be said for Donald J Trump.

I have a bridge, erm...wall to sell you.

Comment

Breaking: the Mexicans are in for a joint venture! (1848) border...

Comment

Well, 19,988 millions to go

Comment

Originally posted by budgie View Post
              So let me get this right. They're going to collect money from donors and give it to a man who stole from his own charity? I'm sure this guy is a patriot doing what he believes is the right thing. The same cannot be said for Donald J Trump.

I have a bridge, erm...wall to sell you.
              Nope.

The plan is to buy T-Bonds and submit a bill to Congress to fund construction through said T-Bonds.

Not sure if that will work, but that is the stated plan.

Comment

Added another 4 million as of today

On Dec. 20, he appeared on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham’s show. To critics of his GoFundMe page, who say he won’t be able to make the $1 billion goal, he said, “They’re full of crap.”

I like his attitude

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper View Post
                  Breaking: the Mexicans are in for a joint venture! (1848) border...
                  Funny you say that.

La Raza agrees with you.

As someone who lives in the supposed occupied territory of AZ, I can only laugh. In fact, so would my neighbors.

Next get-together I think I will entertain them with your silly thoughts. It will be good for shiggles and inevitably lead to discussion of someone's lastest AR build. Not a bad thing at all.

Comment

You go fund me…

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/01/08/us...line-petition/

Idiots...

Comment

Originally posted by primer View Post
                      Added another 4 million as of today

On Dec. 20, he appeared on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham’s show. To critics of his GoFundMe page, who say he won’t be able to make the $1 billion goal, he said, “They’re full of crap.”

I like his attitude

Should be enough to buy some picks and shovels and a few steel slats. Yes he will keep raising money for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 50 million. But the well of Trump supporters is only so deep. The first few weeks of a kickstarter is when they make the money; they won't keep pulling in at this rate forever.

Plus when the new congress is in charge of the purse strings are they going to accept this money to start the wall? Maybe some sort of deal will be struck where it goes into repairs and upgrades of existing barriers, pays for a few more border police and puts gas in their tanks. But that's not building Trump's wall is it.

Comment

Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post

Funny you say that.

La Raza agrees with you.

As someone who lives in the supposed occupied territory of AZ, I can only laugh. In fact, so would my neighbors.

Next get-together I think I will entertain them with your silly thoughts. It will be good for shiggles and inevitably lead to discussion of someone's lastest AR build. Not a bad thing at all.
                        It was a bad joke, and I'm not talking about 1948 but it's obvious the Mexicans have lost a lot of turf since then.

Comment

$16,196,971 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 266,061 people in 6 days

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper View Post

It was a bad joke, and I'm not talking about 1948 but it's obvious the Mexicans have lost a lot of turf since then.
                            1848 is the date ofc.

Only problem is that neither Polk nor Pierce extended the US Border down to the northern tip of the Sea of Cortez.

Comment

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ll-be-refunded
                              $20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded

While Kolfage said money donated to the original campaign would go to the government to fund a border wall, he wrote Friday that he has since formed a nonprofit corporation in Florida named “We Build the Wall, Inc.” to receive the GoFundMe contributions.
                              “We are better equipped than our own government to use the donated funds to build an actual wall on the southern border,” Kolfage wrote. “Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications.”
                              Reports of Kolfage’s past business ventures started surfacing as the campaign gained national attention, including his alleged history of running sites that promoted conspiracy theories and racist content.
                              A recent business venture, Right Wing News, was reportedly removed from Facebook in October when the social media giant scrubbed roughly 500 pages it said used fake accounts “to drive traffic to their websites” or “were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”
                              A BuzzFeed News investigation published Thursday found that Kolfage allegedly pocketed money donated to a previous GoFundMe account he started for wounded veterans.
                              Whithorne confirmed to BuzzFeed that Kolfage in 2015 launched a GoFundMe that raised $16,246 under the premise that the money would go to a veteran mentorship program. Whitorne said the money went directly to Kolfage
                              Kolfage claimed in now-deleted Facebook posts that he was working with Walter Reed, Brooke Army Medical Center and Landstuhl Regional Medical Center to turn over the donated money.
                              “We do not have a record of Mr. Kolfage visiting Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in any official capacity after 2012,” Gia Oney, chief of public affairs at Landstuhl, told the online outlet. “We have no record of a donation made in his name to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center.”
                              Originally posted by Lyndon Johnson
                              “I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it, If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
                              This guy knows the right people to target.

Comment

Working...
                              X