Antisemitism in Europe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antisemitism in Europe

CNN has published a disturbing poll on anti-Semitism in Europe.

It will likely be cast as a primarily right-wing problem, but no doubt that anti-Semitism units the left and right.

Lawmakers, leaders react to 'appalling' findings of CNN poll on anti-Semitism

Lawmakers and leading figures in the fight against anti-Semitism around the world have described the results of CNN's investigation into European attitudes towards Jews as "appalling" and "frightening."
    Felix Klein, who was appointed as Germany's federal government commissioner for Jewish life in April, said that while he was upset by the poll's findings, they did not surprise him.

"The results indicate that substantial numbers of European citizens hold dangerous views about Jews, and back up recent figures about anti-Semitic attacks across the continent, showing that such attacks do not exist in a vacuum but are the practical manifestation of longstanding attitudes of hate turning into violence," Kantor said.

"Even more problematic, though, is that many Europeans believe that Jews are somehow to blame for the hatred directed against them, as if Jews raise the issue in bad faith," Kantor added. "To legitimize Jew-hatred is bad enough, but to delegitimize the Jewish right to fight this oppression is absolutely intolerable."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/27/e...ntl/index.html

I presume ‘Europeans’ also include our sizeable Muslim population who were also polled.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      I presume ‘Europeans’ also include our sizeable Muslim population who were also polled.
      Oh, the dirty secret of modern anti-Semitism: the left's Jew hatred on full display ... or not.

BTW, yesterday a Somali immigrant attempted to murder Jews in LA. Don't think he was a right wing sorta fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post

Oh, the dirty secret of modern anti-Semitism: the left's Jew hatred on full display ... or not.

BTW, yesterday a Somali immigrant attempted to murder Jews in LA. Don't think he was a right wing sorta fellow.
        I knew you have been acknowledging this for years if not decades...

I like Muslims overall and most are very decent folks but their hateful minorities are the one that target Jews in violent crimes.

That said, I don’t dismiss White Europeans antisemitism either, Catholics or not. Troubled times we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post

I knew you have been acknowledging this for years if not decades...

I like Muslims overall and most are very decent folks but their hateful minorities are the one that target Jews in violent crimes.

That said, I don’t dismiss White Europeans antisemitism either, Catholics or not. Troubled times we live in.
          Thanks.

I should have been more precise: the MSM has whitewashed left-based anti-Semitism, which also includes a coverup of immigrant based anti-Semitism, as it may lead (obviously) to conclusions inconsistent with party ideology.

Comment

Accusations of dual loyalty are the main anti-Semitic hate motif worldwide, as well as in the US. Extrapolating from poll data, it can be inferred that up to seventy-five million Americans might believe their Jewish co-citizens are more loyal to Israel than to the US. If that were true, the great majority of American Jews would likely have voted for Donald Trump, who is proving so far to be one of the most pro-Israel presidents in history. Yet only 24% of US Jews supported him in the 2016 elections, and in the newly elected Congress, a host of Jewish Democrat committee heads are expected to attack the president.

The recent murder of 11 Jews in a synagogue in Pittsburgh was followed by the release of a 2017 FBI publication that reported that 60% of all religiously biased hate crime incidents in the US were anti-Jewish, far exceeding the figure for other religions. These and a variety of other manifestations of anti-Semitism necessitate an analysis of the main negative stereotypes of Jews in the US against an international background.

https://besacenter.org/perspectives-...-dual-loyalty/

Comment

Netanyahu to elite troops: Israel and the IDF are ‘best answer to anti-Semitism’

Following CNN poll that found rampant anti-Jewish views among Europeans, PM tells army commandos: ‘Once they could slaughter us, today we can respond’

The best answer to anti-Semitism is the State of Israel and the Israel Defense Forces,” Netanyahu, who has also been serving as defense minister since the resignation earlier this month of Avigdor Liberman, told the soldiers. “Once we were a leaf driven by the wind; they could slaughter us. Today, we have the power to respond.”

Netanyahu’s visit coincided with a 10-day training exercise the brigade is conducting throughout the country, practicing its responses to various complex attack scenarios against Israel and Israeli civilians by different enemies.

“We are on the eve of Hannukah. The spirit of the Maccabees is here – you are the Maccabees. We overcome our enemies with the extraordinary strength and extraordinary spirit that I see here, that I see in the IDF and all our warriors,” Netanyahu said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netany...e-can-respond/

Absofuckinglutely 100% spot on.
              Last edited by GB_FXST; 28-11-2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

I support BiBi 💯 %

G’d bless Israel 🇮🇱

Comment

The Czech Republic serves as an example of what Europe should become.

Shifts in perceptions among European Jews on where they feel safest is not due entirely to demographic change. It also has to do with Eastern European leaders like the Czech Republic’s Miloš Zeman, who, in the tradition of the country’s founder, Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk, has become not just a strong voice for his people but a true friend of the Jews.

Czech President Miloš Zeman’s historic speech to the Israeli Knesset on November 26, 2018, in which he stressed that his country is not only Israel’s best friend in Europe but one of its best friends in the world, came on the heels of an important report released by the American Jewish Distribution Committee (JDC) on November 20.

https://besacenter.org/perspectives-...-in-jerusalem/

Comment

IRISH SENATE ADVANCES BILL TO CRIMINALIZE SETTLEMENT ACTIVITY

The Irish senate on Wednesday night advanced a bill to criminalize business transactions with Israeli entities and citizens in east Jerusalem and Area C of the West Bank.

The private member bill submitted by Senator Frances Black in opposition to the Irish minority government was approved by a vote of 30-13. It gained support from the July vote of 25-20.

https://www.jpost.com//Arab-Israeli-...ctivity-573027

Comment

I do love the tasty hypocrisy ...

The Netherlands Foreign Ministry wants Jews everywhere to criticize Israel

The Dutch Foreign Ministry officially is urging Jews no matter where they are to speak out against Israel’s presence in the West Bank.

An official ministry document listing as an objective actions that “encourage diaspora Jewish communities to voice their opposition to the occupation” appeared in a report published earlier this year on Dutch funding for the Breaking the Silence group.

It’s an unusual statement for European governments offering funding for organizations that they say are promoting peace or coexistence between Israel and the Palestinians. Breaking the Silence is a group of Israeli combat veterans who oppose the occupation.

https://www.jta.org/2018/11/28/news-...sm-israel-goal

Comment

For anyone curious to see just how ugly ultraliberalism can get, Sweden is the ideal case study. The deep presence of anti-Semitism in Sweden reveals that the country’s image as a near perfect liberal democracy is false. So serious is the problem that the country is in dire need of a national anti-Semitism commissioner who can point out the threats coming from neo-Nazis and Muslims, the flaws of the police and the justice system, and other failures of the authorities to deal with anti-Semitism. But Sweden’s purported love of free speech is unlikely to extend so far as to give a mouthpiece to such a person.

https://besacenter.org/perspectives-...beralism-jews/

Israel fumes as Irish Senate advances bill outlawing settlement trade

Foreign Ministry slams ‘most extreme anti-Israel piece of legislation in Europe,’ though it still has to clear several hurdles to become law

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...tlement-trade/

Comment

'CORBYN MOVED THE ROCK, AND THE ANTI-SEMITES CRAWLED OUT'

‘Europe is finished,’ leading lawyer says as he leaves UK for Israel

‘It’s time to wander again,’ Mark Lewis tells fellow Jews facing rising anti-Semitism in Britain and across Europe

“Social media has caused so much harm,” he said. “Fifteen years ago there was still anti-Semitism but it was an obscure thing. Fifteen years ago somebody painted a swastika on my garage door in Manchester, that was a message. But it was a one-off, it was something you could almost laugh off. Now with the effect of social media, it’s almost every day.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/europe...uk-for-israel/

Comment

A Jewish university professor says she has been called a “Nazi” who “should be raped” and had her office door “covered in urine,” after taking part in the UK government’s debate on proposed gender law changes.
                            Women’s rights expert, Professor Rosa Freedman, from the Reading University, has told the BBC that she fears for her safety after receiving a torrent of online abuse and anonymous phone calls. She claims the abuse happened after she raised concerns about how the potential changes might affect women’s rights.
                            I found my office door covered in urine, including some that had seeped under the door, and I spent time cleaning it up because I could not bear the smell or the shame of what had happened. Last week I discovered criminal damage explicitly encouraging me to leave the University
                            — Rosa Freedman (@GoonerProf) December 5, 2018
                            The human rights lawyer, who has argued against self-identification, participated in the government debates on planned changes to the Gender Recognition Act. The professor says that after taking part, she found her door covered in urine, as well as receiving highly abusive messages online and in anonymous phone calls.
                            https://www.rt.com/uk/445770-gender-...or-trans-nazi/

The very reasonable and level-headed trans-community.

Comment

UK JEWRY AMONG MOST CONCERNED IN CONTINENT

Unprecedented EU poll finds 90% of European Jews feel anti-Semitism increasing
                              Anti-Semitism ‘disturbingly normalized,’ says EU rights chief, after massive survey of 12 EU states finds 85% of Jews rate it the biggest social problem in their countries

Nearly 90 percent of European Jews feel that anti-Semitism has increased in their home countries over the past five years, and almost 30% say they have been harassed at least once in the past year, reveals a major European Union report published on Monday.

The poll was carried out in 12 European Union member states, and was the largest ever of its kind worldwide.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/unprec...sm-increasing/

Comment

Working...
                              X