• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle looms in Congress over money for Trump's border wall

November 8, 2018 / 5:06 AM / Updated 2 hours ago

Battle looms in Congress over money for Trump's border wall

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1ND1GL

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - When the U.S. Congress reconvenes on Nov. 13, it will face a deadline less than a month later to fund parts of the federal government and a possible showdown over money for President Donald Trump’s proposed U.S.-Mexico border wall.

There'll be about as much of a 'battle' as there was over Garland: none, the president just ain't getting anything.

Comment

Originally posted by budgie View Post
      There'll be about as much of a 'battle' as there was over Garland: none, the president just ain't getting anything.
      I'm going to save this and see how good or bad a prognostication it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post

I'm going to save this and see how good or bad a prognostication it is.

Well on the other hand never underestimate the dems' ability to fold. But It would involve some serious horse-trading. The President would have to give something up.

Comment

This goes both ways, any bills the Democrats want to be signed into law has to go through the Republican held senate. The best course of action is negotiation and compromise, and hopefully that's possible with all those centre leaning blues now in congress.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorph View Post
            This goes both ways, any bills the Democrats want to be signed into law has to go through the Republican held senate. The best course of action is negotiation and compromise, and hopefully that's possible with all those centre leaning blues now in congress.

The GOP as a whole doesn't have as big a hard-on for the wall as Trump does though does it. And after the tax cuts they've got less to spend.

Comment

The GOP as a whole doesn't have as big a hard-on for the wall as Trump does though does it. And after the tax cuts they've got less to spend.
              Good Lord. You haven't got a clue. Every republican I PERSONALLY know wants a WALL built. If all the Dems are as clueless as you are, no wonder they're losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post

Good Lord. You haven't got a clue. Every republican I PERSONALLY know wants a WALL built. If all the Dems are as clueless as you are, no wonder they're losing.

I'm talking about those in congress. A lot know it's really a pie in the sky project - expensive, unfeasible and really just Trump talking out of his arse. Congress holds the purse strings after all and frankly could have got it started by now if they wanted it that much. now without a majority they can at least honestly blame it on the Dems. It's obvious from their own inaction they never really cared.

Comment

I'm talking about those in congress. A lot know it's really a pie in the sky project - expensive, unfeasible and really just Trump talking out of his arse. Congress holds the purse strings after all and frankly could have got it started by now if they wanted it that much. now without a majority they can at least honestly blame it on the Dems. It's obvious from their own inaction they never really cared.
                  Vote 'em in, vote 'em out.

Comment

More of a box they're all stuck in. The wall isn't much without security manning it from end to end.

Comment

Working...
                    X