Mid-terms elections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-terms elections

What is at stake and how will it impact you?

What are you expecting in term of outcome?

What are your predictions? Be it from a state but also from a more global country-wise?

Will it be a blue wave? A red wave? Or a very mild ripple?

Purple Whirlpool: Republicans hold the Senate, Democrats get the House (by a slim majority), some states get D Governors, some others get R Governors.

But there’s still going to be lots of screeching, hyper-partisanism, and political gridlock way until 2020.

Comment

House to the dems. Senate probably retained by Republicans.

Democrats will continue screeching like mental patients because you can’t change what someone is.

Maxine, Spartacus, and the other retards will probably try to initiate impeachment proceedings which won’t go anywhere, more retarded house investigations chasing after conspiracy theories (a la “ze Russians”) which won’t go anywhere, block anything proposed by Trump’s admin even if it involves saving kittens, etc.

Basically same old, except dems will have a slightly bigger platform to make fools of themselves and no major new legislation will get passed.

I predict all this hyper never-trumpist obsession will ultimately lead to yet another republican POTUS win in 2020 (whether Trump runs or not), leasing many dems to permanently loosing their shit, contemplating suicide, and screaming endlessly at the sky.
      Last edited by Jonathan; 04-11-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
        House to the dems. Senate probably retained by democrats.

Democrats will continue screeching like mental patients because you can’t change what someone is.

Maxine, Spartacus, and the other retards will probably try to initiate impeachment proceedings which won’t go anywhere, more retarded house investigations chasing after conspiracy theories (a la “ze Russians”) which won’t go anywhere, block anything proposed by Trump’s admin even if it involves saving kittens, etc.

Basically same old, except dems will have a slightly bigger platform to make fools of themselves and no major new legislation will get passed.

I predict all this hyper never-trumpist obsession will ultimately lead to yet another republican POTUS win in 2020 (whether Trump runs or not), leasing many dems to permanently loosing their shit, contemplating suicide, and screaming endlessly at the sky.
        Que?

10impeachments

Comment

I think he means Republicans...

There's already a thread about this, with a poll and everything! Can the mods merge?

http://themess.net/forum/political-d...elections-2018

At this point some of the races for the house are so close according to various different polls, it could go either way. The House may well fall to the Democrats but only just, similarly the GOP may just hold it, heck some have suggested they could pick up seats, but I think that's stretching things too far. With the Senate, it's almost impossible for the Democrats to win, various Republican figures have a significant lead against their counterparts. They may well even gain seats with between 53-55 perhaps.

The latest presidential approval polls put Trump with a 44-46% approval rating with 52% disapproval, BUT 65% approve of the economy, so that's important to consider. Overall the Democrats have about a 7% lead against the GOP, but of course everyone is wary of polls since 2016. They could be very wrong once again, and there's a whole bunch of silent MAGA hats that didn't want to declare their political position, because of the current climate...

Comment

The apparent devisive policies split between progressives with a large polling margin to those fighting for the last voter by saying thay have adopted Trumpian edicts to confuse likely republican votes proves how devastated they have become since loosing.

No faith in the polls. I wouldn't bet on this one but the blue wave is less than a ripple.

Comment

Could the mods please merge?

Comment

CNN's latest approval poll has Trump at 41%.. Rasmussen has him at 50% (disapproval is 49%!) The latter predicted Trump's win in 2016, so I know which one I trust better...

Comment

Polls placed Dem's ahead at around 54,8% (iirc) this morning.

Comment

Interesting again that Rasmussen favours Republicans 46 to 45, it's just impossible to tell which way things will go in reality, the next 36 hours or so are going to be intense...

Comment

If so republicans should take it. Young voters aren't motivated, distracted by their phones and dems are a mess.

Comment

I'm thoroughly enjoying the libtards trying to position these elections and the fact democrats are likely to pick up some seats as a "referendum on the sentiment about Trump."

During the last 100 years there have been only two presidents whose party didn't lose House seats during the midterm election of their first presidency, losing an average of 23 seats. If Trump can beat those odds he should be declared god-emperor.

Speaking of a referendum on the sentiment of the president... Under Obama's first term, the Democratic Party lost 63 seats during the midterms and over his presidency has lost more governorships and legislative seats than under any president since Eisenhower. Where was this so-called "referendum on the sentiment about Obama" then? Retards.

We'll see how Trump does in comparison. I'm rooting for the GOP because the liberal tears alone are worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                          I'm thoroughly enjoying the libtards trying to position these elections and the fact democrats are likely to pick up some seats as a "referendum on the sentiment about Trump."

During the last 100 years there have been only two presidents whose party didn't lose House seats during the midterm election of their first presidency, losing an average of 23 seats. If Trump can beat those odds he should be declared god-emperor.

Speaking of a referendum on the sentiment of the president... Under Obama's first term, the Democratic Party lost 63 seats during the midterms and over his presidency has lost more governorships and legislative seats than under any president since Eisenhower. Where was this so-called "referendum on the sentiment about Obama" then? Retards.

We'll see how Trump does in comparison. I'm rooting for the GOP because the liberal tears alone are worth it.
                          Yup well, let's hope the GOP does win otherwise we will get two years of Democrats trying to push impeachment on Trump and Kavanaugh.

And that means more budgie-threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post

Yup well, let's hope the GOP does win otherwise we will get two years of Democrats trying to push impeachment on Trump and Kavanaugh.

And that means more budgie-threads.
                            I don't know about that. I'm thinking so long as Senate stays with the GOP, having the house go to the dems could be beneficial for 2020.

First, having the Dems get the House and try to unsuccessfully push "impeachment" for the next two years will be highly entertaining as it will just make them look like a bunch of unhinged retards with a bone to grind against Trump "at any cost" (similar to how the Kavanaugh idiocy backfired on them). Second, the economy is red hot right now and this growth is probably unsustainable through 2020 no matter who controls Congress. Having Dems stonewall any legislation in Congress (which they will of course do for the next 2 years), will allow Trump to put some of the blame for any slowdown in growth on them.

And honestly, I don't think having so many liberals completely lose their shit is such a bad thing. Aside for the entertainment value it solidifies the democrats as being a party full of a bunch of unhinged extremist leftists. The clearer this is to people who may otherwise not pay attention, the better.

Comment

The most interesting outcome would be the Blue Wave turns into an Orange Crush. It'll give the liberals more reason to hate white folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X