Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voter Registration booms in Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Voter Registration booms in Tennessee

    The Swift Bump? Trump's already maxed out on his base. I reckon most new voters go for the other side.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/vote...-10/?r=AU&IR=T

  • #2
    Republican Blackburn had a 5 point lead over Democratic Bredesen on the 4th of this month, now she has an 8 point lead over him.

    But how can this be if "Trump already maxed out on his base"?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by HisRoyalHighness View Post
      Republican Blackburn had a 5 point lead over Democratic Bredesen on the 4th of this month, now she has an 8 point lead over him.

      But how can this be if "Trump already maxed out on his base"?
      Different polls on different days. I doubt the Dems will take a Tennessee senate seat but expect the gap to close a bit on election day - that always happens. The real stat will be how many newly registered voters chose either candidate, if the exit polls can show it.

      Comment


      • #4
        If I were the Democrats, I wouldn't depend on polls!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I have no opinion on this matter
          Last edited by Fargin; 11-10-2018, 01:27 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post
            If I were the Democrats, I wouldn't depend on polls!!

            Both sides still do because they convey information. There's a misunderstanding that polls are somehow supposed to predict the future, and when someone 'beats the polls' the polls were 'wrong'. But they only hold some of the answers. It's still up to the whims of the voters on the day. Like I said exit polls, if they ask the right questions, can be a good indicator of what type of voter went for which candidate.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dem lovers need stop using the same analytics as the previous election

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by primer View Post
                Dem lovers need stop using the same analytics as the previous election

                I'd say they need to stop fronting shit candidates first. The polls for that tightened on the eve of that election too. Just because Clinton had a slight lead didn't guarantee a win: once again polls are not crystal balls.

                Comment


                • #9
                  "We don't say that out of these walls." Bredesen Staff Says He Is Lying About Kavanaugh Vote

                  Project Veritas Action Fund has released a second undercover video from campaigns during this 2018 election season. This report exposes Tennessee staffers from Phil Bredesen's U.S. Senate campaign revealing his willingness to court moderate voters through deceit. This was especially evidenced by Bredesen's recent statement suggesting he would, if he was already in the Senate, vote to confirm now Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
                  Bredesen would not have voted yes and his staffers think voters in Tennessee are idiots.

                  I'm sure state wide voters would not appreciate being insulted nor lied to.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by budgie View Post
                    The Swift Bump? Trump's already maxed out on his base. I reckon most new voters go for the other side.

                    https://www.businessinsider.com/vote...-10/?r=AU&IR=T
                    Its just that stupid underestimation that trump will lose thats had you crying like a bitch for 2 years now.

                    I never thought he would be nominated much less elected and learned the hard way.

                    You seem to be that 1% that never learns

                    Way too early to say who these new voters are for

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Maybe the state could strike all the new voters off the rolls like they do in Georgia.

                      "So we may wind up in Georgia with the same situation we’ve seen over and over again. Republicans gain power, then enact a series of policies and laws to make it harder for Democrats to vote. Democrats undertake a herculean effort to register and turn out voters, but when subsequent elections are extremely close, it turns out that the Republican voter suppression efforts were enough to make the difference. That could well happen in Georgia, where we could see the race decided by a few thousand votes and tens of thousands of legitimate voters kept from the polls."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I could have sworn that I never got an answer to my question of "if voter fraud is so rare and unable to affect results, why do people bother to do it".

                        Could it be "where we could see the race decided by a few thousand votes" that makes it so valuable and worth doing? And in that case, why does cracking down on it cause so much anguish to only one party?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                          I could have sworn that I never got an answer to my question of "if voter fraud is so rare and unable to affect results, why do people bother to do it".

                          Could it be "where we could see the race decided by a few thousand votes" that makes it so valuable and worth doing? And in that case, why does cracking down on it cause so much anguish to only one party?

                          Beats the hell out of me why so few people even bother, But the fact remains it is rare and ineffective. Maybe it's because it is "rare and unable to affect results". See? You could have answered your own question.

                          And the GOP is not 'cracking down' on voter fraud - just voting, period. Suppression apparently is effective in tight races when you know which demographics will vote for the other side and simply disenfranchise them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So logic would say that there is no reason at all huh? It's just their hobby. Yeah right.

                            There wouldn't be so much shrieking about it if it wasn't being used.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                              So logic would say that there is no reason at all huh? It's just their hobby. Yeah right.

                              There wouldn't be so much shrieking about it if it wasn't being used.
                              There wouldn't be so few people doing it it really was being 'used'.

                              Rare, ineffective, and fuck all people do it.

                              It's an excuse. You know this. Come on, you get it. I know you do.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X