No announcement yet.

UN Ambassador Nikki Haley resigns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is you're only half joking. A lot of what trump supporters deem 'good policy' is just because it makes the other side 'lose their shit'.

if she is put forward - or her husband - will merely comment as I always do, why I think it's a poor choice. The real 'shit losing' will come in confirmation hearings when [unless they really have become trump's bitches] even a number of Republicans would oppose the pick.

Why? because nepotism is never worth it, no matter how many 'liberal tears' it elicits.

Comment

Originally posted by budgie View Post
      The problem is you're only half joking. A lot of what trump supporters deem 'good policy' is just because it makes the other side 'lose their shit'.

if she is put forward - or her husband - will merely comment as I always do, why I think it's a poor choice. The real 'shit losing' will come in confirmation hearings when [unless they really have become trump's bitches] even a number of Republicans would oppose the pick.

Why? because nepotism is never worth it, no matter how many 'liberal tears' it elicits.
      Budgie, Budgie, Budgie, chill out.

Comment

I agree with Budgie - nepotism is a dumb idea. Even if the person is qualified there is always the spectre of corruption and/or not being that talented hanging above them.

Learn from the lesson provided by Bill Clinton when he tried to make Hillary the persons to remake medical care in the US in the 1990s.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
          I agree with Budgie - nepotism is a dumb idea. Even if the person is qualified there is always the spectre of corruption and/or not being that talented hanging above them.

Learn from the lesson provided by Bill Clinton when he tried to make Hillary the persons to remake medical care in the US in the 1990s.

Great example. Hillary had no background in healthcare and the only real qualification at that time was being the president's wife. The Kennedys are also a decent example.

Comment

She appears to have quite a lot of debt, probably living beyond her means if the quoted numbers are right, with the potential to knock all of that over quite quickly working outside of government. As good a reason as any to get out.

Comment

Supposedly she drained that swamp.

Comment

Supposedly she accepted three luxury flights on private jets for her and her family. Minor shit. But it's not like CREW actually gives a shit. Tim Kaine did the same thing as McDonnell, but one was sued into the ground and the other is the junior Senator of Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
                  As much as I respect that lady for her sharp rhetorics, I couldn't quite figure out her retirement announcement. Unless I somehow ended up watching a weird cut of those words, didn't she kinda claim credit for Trump's policies as her own achievement?

Don't agree with that line though. Trump does with North Korea exactly what he accuses the Europeans of doing with Iran: Giving a hostile regime whatever they want just for the PR of it. He's right about the Euros. That makes him wrong about the Norks.

Hadn't he treated with North Korea, it wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever.
                  Yea tho with Iran it makes more sense as religious hardliners are getting slowly pushed out. With NK it only strengthens regime and that is counterproductive for US.

Comment

this anything to do with the real reason she has resigned ??
                    https://www.postandcourier.com/polit...e4f7ad7a1.html

Comment

Bummer. Seemed like a strong and feisty character to have as our rep to the UN.

AS to nominating a family member to the position? Heck no.......

Comment

Working...
                      X