UN Ambassador Nikki Haley resigns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN Ambassador Nikki Haley resigns

S Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley resigned Tuesday directly to President Donald Trump, according to multiple sources familiar with her decision.
    Here : https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/09/p...ion/index.html

Unexpected move
    Rats are leaving the boat ??

Comment

The reason she just gave is: term limit and knowing when to step aside. No personal reason. Told Trump around 6 months ago she would resign by the end of the year.

She will not present herself in 2020 but will support Trump for a next term.
      Last edited by Ivan le Fou; 09-10-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

She seemed overqualified to me and I think the old shithead can do a lot better.

Do we know if Ye is available?

Comment

Another abandoning the Lor Trump ship.

Comment

I never thought she was all that bright. I can't remember how she messed up in South Carolina as Governor, but she did.

It may have had to do with flooding. I think so. My grand daughter lives in South Carolina.

Comment

I was mildly hoping it was because she couldn't stomach Trump's foreign policy but was disappointed to find it was just another corruption scandal. Routine for the Trump cabinet by now.

Comment

The cabinet is getting more hardliner. No reprieve for the UN and its elitist fossils.

Comment

Originally posted by primer View Post
                  The cabinet is getting more hardliner. No reprieve for the UN and its elitist fossils.

It might make some giddy but it's counterproductive. Unless the desired result is chaos.

Comment

Ah yes, among other things coming "any time now", Trump causing WW3 and/or destabilizing the world beyond beliefs.

First POTUS who achieved not starting any new war while in office for 2 years now though... just sayin'.

Oh boy! And would you look at that North Korea? When was the last time a US president met with the DPRK's leader?

Comment

As much as I respect that lady for her sharp rhetorics, I couldn't quite figure out her retirement announcement. Unless I somehow ended up watching a weird cut of those words, didn't she kinda claim credit for Trump's policies as her own achievement?

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                      Oh boy! And would you look at that North Korea? When was the last time a US president met with the DPRK's leader?
                      Don't agree with that line though. Trump does with North Korea exactly what he accuses the Europeans of doing with Iran: Giving a hostile regime whatever they want just for the PR of it. He's right about the Euros. That makes him wrong about the Norks.

Hadn't he treated with North Korea, it wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever.

Comment

I hope Ivonka will get this gig.

Comment

"
                          Originally posted by Fargin View Post
                          I hope Ivonka will get this gig.

That's the rumbling. He's said 'no-one is more qualified'. But it's unlikely his handlers would let him try. Another messy confirmation hearing before midterms?

"He told reporters that he has heard the 36-year-old's name discussed for the "post, but said if he selected her he'd be accused of nepotism."

How many Republicans would truly be on board with that?

I love the bit about 'I've heard her name discussed.' I guarantee nobody in the room suggested it but Trump himself.

Comment

High staff turnover is a terrible sign for an organisation.

You can't rave about how great your picks are then have them quit or get fired months later.

Comment

Ivanka would be an epic choice.

It’s worth it simply for the fact the budgies of the world will absolutely lose their shit.

Do it Trump. Do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X