Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some anti-Kavanaugh protesters were paid, journalist reveals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some anti-Kavanaugh protesters were paid, journalist reveals

    Some anti-Kavanaugh protesters were paid, journalist reveals

    Professional activists helped 'harness energy' to 'make viral moments'

    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...id-journalist/

    In this image from video provided by Make the Road Action, two protesters confront Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., on a elevator that would take him to the Senate Judiciary Committee meeting on Capitol Hill in Washington, Friday, Sept. 28, 2018. (Make the Road Action via AP)

    “That moment with Jeff Flake on the Hill,” Ms. Thomas said. “We talked to one woman who works for UltraViolet who was paid — she helped steer people in the right ways to be able to confront senators.”


  • #2
    ultraviolet, organization

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraViolet_(organization)

    Comment


    • #3
      https://www.huffingtonpost.com/author/nita-chaudhary
      Nita Chaudhary
      Co-founder, UltraViolet
      Nita Chaudhary was most recently the National Campaigns and Organizing Director at MoveOn.org Political Action. As a part of that role she oversaw and managed MoveOn’s national campaigns department, including the organization’s work on Health Care reform, the economy and Social Security as well as supervising MoveOn's Campaign Directors. During her tenure at MoveOn, Nita oversaw the fundraising program for the 2008 election, and led some of the organization’s largest campaigns including MoveOn’s work to end the Iraq war, protect Constitutional Liberties and address Climate Change. Prior to that she was the Democratic National Committee's first Director of Online during the 2004 cycle. She started her career at People for the American Way where she held several positions, including Media Research Analyst, Web Editor, and Online Organizer.



      Comment


      • #4
        Shaunna Thomas

        Shaunna Thomas is co-founder and Executive Director of UltraViolet. Shaunna has had a fifteen year career in progressive organizing, building progressive infrastructure projects and winning critical policy fights at the national level. Shaunna has appeared numerous times on network and cable TV including NBC, MSNBC, CNN, and CNBC as a political commentator. Before founding UltraViolet, Shaunna was the Executive Director of the P Street Project, a 501c4 nonprofit dedicated to organizing progressive members of Congress and connecting federal legislative strategy with online grassroots mobilization efforts. Prior to that, Shaunna was the COO of Progressive Congress, a nonprofit supporting the policy and organizing work of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. Shaunna was introduced to organizing and advocacy through the 2004 presidential election, which inspired the next five years of her work at Young People For, a Project of People For the American Way Foundation dedicated to identifying, engaging and empowering the next generation of progressive leaders. Shaunna–originally from Los Angeles–is a resident of Washington, D.C.

        https://weareultraviolet.org/theteam/shaunna-thomas/



        Comment


        • #5
          Shaunna Thomas

          https://keywiki.org/Shaunna_Thomas

          Shaunna Thomas is a native Southern Californian and has a BA in political science from the University of Colorado, Boulder.[1]

          Shaunna campaigned and raised money for the Democratic candidate in the 2004 presidential election, at which time she became heavily involved in the youth progressive movement.[1]


          Thomas was a founding staffer of Young People For in 2005. She is currently responsible for the internal management of the organization.[1]


          Shaunna Thomas is the Chief Operating Officer of ProgressiveCongress.org and the Progressive Congress Action Fund. She spent much of 2009 putting in place the infrastructure for progressive coordination inside and outside of Congress, convening meetings, hosting phone calls, and creating online forums for engaging Congressional staff and bringing to the table faith-based organizations and communities of color to participate in the debate in unprecedented ways.[2]

          PROGRESSIVE CONGRESS
          https://keywiki.org/Progressive_Cong...ss_Action_Fund

          Comment


          • #6
            Congratulations you've found yourself some activists. But none of them were paid to do this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by budgie View Post
              Congratulations you've found yourself some activists. But none of them were paid to do this.
              Yes. they were.

              “That moment with Jeff Flake on the Hill,” Ms. Thomas said. “We talked to one woman who works for UltraViolet who was paid — she helped steer people in the right ways to be able to confront senators.”

              Comment


              • #8
                "We knew someone who said someone was paid" Yeah right. Let me guess, George Soros was standing on the steps of the capitol handing out brown envelopes...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by budgie View Post
                  "We knew someone who said someone was paid" Yeah right. Let me guess, George Soros was standing on the steps of the capitol handing out brown envelopes...
                  Budgie, you still haven't disproved the article that I posted.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It has already been handily disproved on its own:

                    "Ms. Thomas later tweeted that professionals helping volunteer activists with tactics were not the same as people with no interest in the issue being paid to protest."

                    Moreover the hundreds and hundreds of protesters in this case came under their own steam, as did all the BLM people and the Me Too bunch and most definitely Antifa. Even Soros doesn't have the funds to organize that many people.

                    If you're still not sure read the article I posted above.


                    "Though Nomani herself says she is a Trump-supporting liberal, her blockbuster revelation is that many of the groups active in the Capitol Hill protest — such as the American Civil Liberties Union, the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, and Planned Parenthood — have gotten support from Soros.

                    Of course they have. He’s a very rich man who contributes to liberal organizations — just like a lot of rich people contribute to conservative organizations. And when those groups participate in protests, some of them send their staffers who are experienced at organizing protests, to help maximize the political efficacy of the event. The liberal ones do it, and the conservative ones do it.

                    Conservative elites understand perfectly well how mundane that is, but they also quite like to spread the false idea that at any liberal protest, the protesters themselves are being paid to attend by George Soros."

                    Anger speaks for itself. A handful of organizers employed by an organization is not the same thing as actors getting cash to turn up and pretend they support a particular cause.

                    That was Candidate Trump's trick.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by budgie View Post
                      It has already been handily disproved on its own:

                      "Ms. Thomas later tweeted that professionals helping volunteer activists with tactics were not the same as people with no interest in the issue being paid to protest."

                      Moreover the hundreds and hundreds of protesters in this case came under their own steam, as did all the BLM people and the Me Too bunch and most definitely Antifa. Even Soros doesn't have the funds to organize that many people.

                      If you're still not sure read the article I posted above.


                      "Though Nomani herself says she is a Trump-supporting liberal, her blockbuster revelation is that many of the groups active in the Capitol Hill protest — such as the American Civil Liberties Union, the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, and Planned Parenthood — have gotten support from Soros.

                      Of course they have. He’s a very rich man who contributes to liberal organizations — just like a lot of rich people contribute to conservative organizations. And when those groups participate in protests, some of them send their staffers who are experienced at organizing protests, to help maximize the political efficacy of the event. The liberal ones do it, and the conservative ones do it.

                      Conservative elites understand perfectly well how mundane that is, but they also quite like to spread the false idea that at any liberal protest, the protesters themselves are being paid to attend by George Soros."

                      Anger speaks for itself. A handful of organizers employed by an organization is not the same thing as actors getting cash to turn up and pretend they support a particular cause.

                      That was Candidate Trump's trick.



                      No, just because she said bla bla bla, it is still a PAID PROTESTOR. dude ...

                      “That moment with Jeff Flake on the Hill,” Ms. Thomas said. “We talked to one woman who works for UltraViolet who was paid she helped steer people in the right ways to be able to confront senators.

                      https://www.washingtontimes.com/mult...1jpg-d09c3jpg/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I’m sure some groups pay protesters, but I doubt it’s as rampant as many believe. Most of these leftist retards are genuine retards.

                        Just look at any video interviewing these people. It’s like a caricature. Bunch of losers with literally nothing else to do. Screeching and screaming at the sky is their greatest achievement in life. I’ve never witnessed a normal gainfully employed individual engage in this dumbassery. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The key word in the title is ‘some’.

                          Jonathan is correct... you would have to pay me real good money to attend the carnival from the left and even the far right... be it Charlottesville or otherwise.

                          I don’t think it’s so common.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            All that has to be done is to pay a few central figures to round up a whole bunch of useful idiots. Think of it as a hybrid system to maximize the stupidity for the minimum amount of money spent.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, de facto Soros is paying the protestors. Not perhaps as pay for each raging oxygen-thief, but to facilitate it all. Organisation, transport, food, signs, comms... He should be locked in jail for inciting rebellion.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X