Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of the dangerosity of the "listen and believe" mentality.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of the dangerosity of the "listen and believe" mentality.

In light of the recent events concerning Judge Kavanaugh and the whole circus that surrounded his nomination, it is important to emphasis the threat and damages paused by the "listen and believe" / #metoo movement.

Though we should keep in mind that countless men and women are, everyday, the victims of sexual crimes, we should also keep in mind that claims of such crimes are also widely used as a weapon. Revenge, pressure, blackmail, power grab or pure sadism.

It is very easy to get someone falsely accused of something, even more when that someone happens to be a man and that something happens to be a sexual crime. But once such accusation is made, it is to the accused to prove his innocence, when he is given the opportunity to. Most of the time it is merely a kangaroo court and a sentencing hearing that would make any Stalinist proud.

That's why people following the "listen and believe all survivors" mantra, without even bothering following proper procedures and/or even considering the most basic principles of innocent until proven guilty should take a long lasting moment to reflect on a few things exemplified by the following news article.

Lawsuit: "Mean Girls" Conspired to Falsely Accuse Teen of Sexual Assault

Parents of a former Seneca Valley High School student have filed a federal lawsuit claiming their son became the target of five "Mean Girls" at the school who conspired to accuse him of multiple counts of sexual assault.
    According to the lawsuit filed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the 'mean girls' "conspired in person and via electronic communication devices to falsely accuse T.F. of sexual assault on two occasions."
    The boy, who is only identified as T.F. in the lawsuit, was "forced to endure multiple court appearances, detention in a juvenile facility, detention at home, the loss of his liberty and other damages until several of the girls reluctantly admitted that their accusations were false" over the summer. T.F. was charged in juvenile court with indecent assault and two counts of harassment. He pleaded not guilty, and was put on probation and required to stay out of trouble for six months.
    However, during a tape-recorded interview taken with school officials in 2017 obtained by Fishman, K.S. is allegedly heard to say she made the sexual assault claim against T.F. because "I just don't like him."
    "I just don't like to hear him talk ... I don't like to look at him," K.S. says in the recording according to the lawsuit.
    The lawsuit goes on to state that K.S. told other classmates that "she would do anything to get T.F. expelled."
    https://1360kktx.iheart.com/content/...managed_social

I think you are on to something. There is no doubt that some women were harassed or much worse and remained silent for fear of being shamed.

That´s why we need to listen, and respect what is said

But to believe, we need proof. because without that people who might be unfairly accused. A French school teacher was accused of being a pedophile...he comitted suicide..and in the end it was BS. We can´t have that just because social networks are so easy to use.

I think as suprising as it is, Bill Maher, whose liberal biais is immense, speaks also that way, and also says that an umwanted hand on the butt is pretty vile, but is´nt a rape. That French woman that started "balancetonporc" was offended because some drunk dude told her she had big tits. Okay, the guy is clearly out of line...but this is´nt sexual assault or something that should traumatize you for life.

Comment

That French woman that started "balancetonporc" was offended because some drunk dude told her she had big tits.Okay, the guy is clearly out of line...but this is´nt sexual assault or something that should traumatize you for life.
      Yeah, I mean that’s supposed to be a compliment even whereas a guy being told he isn’t ‘packing much’ from a ‘mean girl’ should be just as offended.

Good post. There is clearly a double standard about the #MeToo movement and their inability to debate, the usual hardcore feminists.

That said all sexual assault and rape are to be taken seriously but I’ve known one person who also committed suicide because of a false accusation by a young girl. Tragic.

See the Danish movie ‘Jagden’ for references.

Comment

Working...
      X