Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump administration halts visas for same-sex partners of diplomats, UN employees

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asheren View Post

Yes that would be of big benefit to rogue state like Israel. Too bad it would hardly be of any benefit to USA as any world power would kill for opportunities housing such orgnization HQ brings.
    Rogue from what?

Comment

Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

Rogue from what?

Last time i checked your goverment just had blood of 15 russians on their hands. I am pretty sure you have some good excuse why competing with north korea on number of causing casus belli level of international incidents is "justified". Still why everyone is geting tired of your stiring s..t in ME with your buddy US is geting a little big offtopic.

Comment

Last time i checked your goverment just had blood of 15 russians on their hands. I am pretty sure you have some good excuse why competing with north korea on number of causing casus belli level of international incidents is "justified". Still why everyone is geting tired of your stiring s..t in ME with your buddy US is geting a little big offtopic.
        Check your facts and stop posting nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post
          I find it amusing when Europeans lecture me about world affairs.

Thanks for the laugh.
          Because Americans are the best informed people and the Israeli the most moderate with the widest perspectives?

Facts?

The difficulties to accept SS couples indicate it's hard to accept people as they are. That's disapointing for a western nation.

Comment

Other than an attempt to smear Trump, this is not news.

Well except for the timely reminder to move UN HQ to some third world shithole.
            Isn’t NY already a ‘shithole’...?

By the way I see no Europeans ‘lecturing you on world affairs’ only someone stating an opinion, and he is speaking for himself only. Entitled to his opinion and as per the motto in the great democracy that is the US - you’re free to disagree.

Comment

I find it amusing when Europeans lecture me about world affairs.
              Isn't that like a feature of "world affairs", that people outside your own country might know a thing or two about them (or not)? That statement doesn't make any sense and is childish.

It would've been enough to point out 1. this policy is due to the Obama administration and 2. the Vienna Convention does not require the US to extend special treatment to family members of diplomats save their closest relations (spouses, children, extramarital partners the diplomat has a child with).

Comment

Jumper Jake @muck

I suggest you re-read Asheren post #14.

And, yes I don't take kindly when anyone, but particularly Europeans, disparage Israel or the US.

Civil discourse is a 2 way street.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                  What is the protocol for heterosexual unmarried partners?
                  Heterosexual unmarried couples never had a right to diplomatic visas. They have to be married. The exception for same-sex couples was granted by Hillary Clinton when she was Secretary of State.

It is completely ridiculous. Same sex couples shouldn’t have any MORE rights then heterosexual couples. That’s called the opposite of equality.

Besides, aren’t libtards big on believing we’re post-gender? Derp.

Comment

So.... it's the end of a special treatment gifted by Hillary, which has no legal value in itself but was accepted as such because reasons, and which ending was originally initiated by Obama's administration.

But somehow that's Trump fault.
                    Last edited by Ivan le Fou; 13-10-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Jumper Jake @muck

I suggest you re-read Asheren post #14.

And, yes I don't take kindly when anyone, but particularly Europeans, disparage Israel or the US.
                      Ah. Particularly Europeans ... now that’s a bit annoying to read. Why particularly Europeans? Because of the Holocaust? Yes I’ve read Asheren post and don’t ‘particularly’ agree with it either.. but I’m not the one who can tell him what he can or cannot post here - only the staff of the forum can.

Civil discourse is a 2 way street.
                      I agree. That’s why Europeans don’t always appreciate to be lumped together as an antisemitic or Antiamerican bunch.

Shalom and peace.

Comment

Some spam-mail douche offered me a Nigerian citizenship (highly coveted, I'm sure of it); if that helps me get a pass, I'll reconsider his offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post

Ah. Particularly Europeans ... now that’s a bit annoying to read. Why particularly Europeans? Because of the Holocaust? Yes I’ve read Asheren post and don’t ‘particularly’ agree with it either.. but I’m not the one who can tell him what he can or cannot post here - only the staff of the forum can.

I agree. That’s why Europeans don’t always appreciate to be lumped together as an antisemitic or Antiamerican bunch.

Shalom and peace.
                          The first mistake you made is to mix Holocaust in to it. It has nothing to do with it. Reason he and the Israeli fanboy club is b..hurt is that we Europeans are starting to treat it as history and judge Israel based on state actions. I have nothing against jewish peoples but I do have against Israeli constant meddling and s..tiring s..t with its US errand boy in part of the world we would like to have as calm as uniteresting and stable as it could be.

Comment

I couldn't agree less. Europe has an obligation towards Israel – Germany in particular of course, but Europe in its entirety as well since anti-Semitism was rampant on the continent during the early 20th century and the Nazis found collaborators almost everywhere they went (such as in France or Ukraine). And make no mistake: We've been letting Israel down.

Besides, most criticism levelled against that country is entirely ideologically motivated thus made void anyway, at least in my estimation. It's the asinine David vs. Goliath routine of the left in whose mind the (supposedly) weaker party is always right and morally justified no matter what. As far as I'm concerned though, all you need to know about this conflict is that Israel is the place where people pray and protest for peace whereas Palestine is the place where people pray and protest for war.

As for the UN, I think that GB_FXST's criticism is unfair insofar as his government and the other four permanent members of the security council had it in their hands to prevent the organization from becoming a place where despots could disparage the free world with impunity, and they blew it. You guys blew it. You wanted countries like Saudi-Arabia on the UN. Don't blame that on the organization.

Having said this, this story has nothing got to do with the UN. There's no law or treaty that'd require the US to grant special treatment to anyone but a diplomat's legal family. If they're not married, they're not a legal family. Period.

Now, what I'd love to see them do is stop the abject practice of extending privileges to chaperons. The diplomatic corps of almost every muslim nation is brimming with questionable specimens sent solely for the purpose of keeping tabs on the modesty of female employees and family members. It's ridiculous.

Comment

The first mistake you made is to mix Holocaust in to it. It has nothing to do with it. Reason he and the Israeli fanboy club is b..hurt is that we Europeans are starting to treat it as history and judge Israel based on state actions. I have nothing against jewish peoples but I do have against Israeli constant meddling and s..tiring s..t with its US errand boy in part of the world we would like to have as calm as uniteresting and stable as it could be.
                              You brought up the subject of Israel.

Who is we, btw?

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
                                I couldn't agree less. Europe has an obligation towards Israel – Germany in particular of course, but Europe in its entirety as well since anti-Semitism was rampant on the continent during the early 20th century and the Nazis found collaborators almost everywhere they went (such as in France or Ukraine). And make no mistake: We've been letting Israel down.

Besides, most criticism levelled against that country is entirely ideologically motivated thus made void anyway, at least in my estimation. It's the asinine David vs. Goliath routine of the left in whose mind the (supposedly) weaker party is always right and morally justified no matter what. As far as I'm concerned though, all you need to know about this conflict is that Israel is the place where people pray and protest for peace whereas Palestine is the place where people pray and protest for war.

As for the UN, I think that GB_FXST's criticism is unfair insofar as his government and the other four permanent members of the security council had it in their hands to prevent the organization from becoming a place where despots could disparage the free world with impunity, and they blew it. You guys blew it. You wanted countries like Saudi-Arabia on the UN. Don't blame that on the organization.

Having said this, this story has nothing got to do with the UN. There's no law or treaty that'd require the US to grant special treatment to anyone but a diplomat's legal family. If they're not married, they're not a legal family. Period.

Now, what I'd love to see them do is stop the abject practice of extending privileges to chaperons. The diplomatic corps of almost every muslim nation is brimming with questionable specimens sent solely for the purpose of keeping tabs on the modesty of female employees and family members. It's ridiculous.

No we do not those responsible are long dead. Our continent has spent enough time, resouces and blood repenting for holocaust. It should never be alowed to happen again but we should move foward. Its something long overdue and should be done when soviet union fell. We have came to a point where events in middle east have brought us to a brink of allowing back in to power very same peoples ideologies that drown this continent in blood and genocided milions.

Still we are geting off topic too much.
                                Last edited by Asheren; 17-10-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X