Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardian journo: "I stopped going to the gym because of Trump. Now I can't open jars"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Guardian has a history of employees who become fat bc of Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-without-shame

Comment

Originally posted by N-rg View Post
      The Guardian has a history of employees who become fat bc of Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-without-shame
      I thought it was the ridiciolous amounts of salt and sugar they put in and on their food and drinks and the lack of physical excercise but apparently this too is all Trump's fault. I must say that life as a libtard must be so much easier if you can blame everything on one person!

Comment

Wow... The guy's a journalist ? Really ? I thought their job was information, bringing facts, reporting stuff, uncovering.

That is whinning... That's MySpace rant. That's entitled baby cries

Comment

A nice illustration of our new SJW modus operandi to save the world.

In word: Mimimi

But these stories are the epitome of Mimimi. Mimimi combined with " you made me do it!"

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post

Mark my words, articles like that are going to make Trump 2020 a no-brainer. A no-brainer, I tells ya. Wake up, you bloody whiners on the left and curb the hyperbole for your own sake.

IMHO the whiners are doing more to re-elect Trump than anyone else. Like the boy who falsely cried wolf many times, eventually no one listened and the wolf had a good uninterrupted meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollis View Post
              ... and the wolf had a good uninterrupted meal.
              Right now the main Democratic strategy for winning is hoping the wolf chokes on a piece of poorly ground beef with shards of bone in it

Comment

that is the American way...investing in other party's failures. Republicans wanted Obama to fail and tried hard...Democrats wishfully waiting passively for Trump to fail.

At the end of the day, how is this good for America? or the World?

Comment

Originally posted by pla View Post
                  that is the American way...investing in other party's failures. Republicans wanted Obama to fail and tried hard...Democrats wishfully waiting passively for Trump to fail.

At the end of the day, how is this good for America? or the World?
                  Because two (or more) separate groups of ideas battling it out intellectually for temporary supremacy is better for a country than one group of geriatric klepocrats running it continuous since 1949 without any kind of intellectual challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

Because two (or more) separate groups of ideas battling it out intellectually for temporary supremacy is better for a country than one group of geriatric klepocrats running it continuous since 1949 without any kind of intellectual challenge.
                    Not much "battling it out" when you wait someone to fail....

Comment

That would be because there is more too it than just that.

Comment

That would be because there is more too it than just that.

Of course there is more to it like many things in life. I like how you said this with a straight face : "battling it out intellectually"...Among your own people, I am sure that you would never describe the process as something "intellectual." Just like how you would never describe your media as unbiased or is always true, but when it comes to China your media is almost always correct or accurate for some strange reason.

The fundamental flaw of the current Western system is that you simply CANNOT "battle it out intellectually" because truth is seldomly generated by the "majority." When the "majority" does generate truth, it is most likely by chance rather than by design. In academia, sometimes truth is generated by the "majority" (not always by majority), but it is at least by a "majority" that actually know the topic.

If you are an American politician, you may have two options: 1). come up with your own policies (which may or may not improve things) and try to make things better or 2). do nothing and wait for the current leader fail so that you can win the next election. I think the activation energy for option 2 is lower, hence you wait it out. I haven't even talked about the 3rd option, which is to actively cause the current leader to fail. or the 4th option, which is to work with foreign countries like Russia to cause your current leader to fail. Well, the 4th option is being talked about in Australia. You are afraid of Chinese influence.

I was in California months ago, and I read my host's election information guide. It was not an easy read, but I read most of it. My host didn't read any of it, and he learned most of the topics from me. I guess you can say that I influenced his votes? Is this foreign influence? The most important thing I realized is that my host who is a MIT grad had no interest in learning anything in that booklet on his own unless I spoonfeed him. How many American voters are like him? And i am supposed to view this process or "battling it out" as an "intellectual" process?

Come on! The best you can do is to tell me that this process is the least bad or evil, is better than the Chinese system. I may not even disagree with you. Even if your system is better than China's , it still does not mean that it is a better system FOR China. China does not claim its system is better for Australia.
                        Last edited by pla; 12-07-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Of course there is more to it like many things in life. I like how you said this with a straight face : "battling it out intellectually"...Among your own people, I am sure that you would never describe the process as something "intellectual." Just like how you would never describe your media as unbiased or is always true, but when it comes to China your media is almost always correct or accurate for some strange reason.
                          Sometimes the intellects involve do indeed come across as a somewhat dim four-year-old child. As for China and accuracy, maybe if you let journalists wander around without minders and report what they see rather than third hand rumours you might see something closer to the truth emerge. Of your geriatric rulers might not always like that.

The fundamental flaw of the current Western system is that you simply CANNOT "battle it out intellectually" because truth is seldomly generated by the "majority." When the "majority" does generate truth, it is most likely by chance rather than by design. In academia, sometimes truth is generated by the "majority" (not always by majority), but it is at least by a "majority" that actually know the topic.

If you are an American politician, you may have two options: 1). come up with your own policies (which may or may not improve things) and try to make things better or 2). do nothing and wait for the current leader fail so that you can win the next election. I think the activation energy for option 2 is lower, hence you wait it out. I haven't even talked about the 3rd option, which is to actively cause the current leader to fail. or the 4th option, which is to work with foreign countries like Russia to cause your current leader to fail. Well, the 4th option is being talked about in Australia. You are afraid of Chinese influence.
                          Actually we both can and do. Parties that show themselves ready for government with pre-announced and pre-budgeted plans almost always do better than those that just exist to shit-talk the opposition.

Come on! The best you can do is to tell me that this process is the least bad or evil, is better than the Chinese system. I may not even disagree with you. Even if your system is better than China's , it still does not mean that it is a better system FOR China. China does not claim its system is better for Australia.
                          Most no-one gives a shit about China's internal political system. It's not like it's up for any kind of change anyway.

You could of course always look at Taiwan that seems to not only survive but thrive "despite" having a democratic system of government. But just to repeat, in this context no-one gives a shit about China.

Comment

Sometimes the intellects involve do indeed come across as a somewhat dim four-year-old child. As for China and accuracy, maybe if you let journalists wander around without minders and report what they see rather than third hand rumours you might see something closer to the truth emerge. Of your geriatric rulers might not always like that.

[LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px]

Actually we both can and do. Parties that show themselves ready for government with pre-announced and pre-budgeted plans almost always do better than those that just exist to shit-talk the opposition.

[LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px]

Most no-one gives a shit about China's internal political system. It's not like it's up for any kind of change anyway.

You could of course always look at Taiwan that seems to not only survive but thrive "despite" having a democratic system of government. But just to repeat, in this context no-one gives a shit about China.
                            Taiwan is indeed a good example for us. We are so glad that they have shown us how Taiwan's progress started to slow down as soon as they fell for Western Democratic system. Today's Taiwan is more dependent on China than on any other country. More than 2 million Taiwanese live in China permanently, approaching 10% of Taiwan's population. More and more Taiwanese professor are going to teach and do research in China. We know Taiwan far better. The current Taiwan government is afraid of this high level of exchange, not China. I can go on and on, but this thread is not about China.

Well, I believe you were the first one to bring up China in this thread. I think both of us agree China is irrelevant in this thread. I stop here.

Comment

That's good. Weak should fear the strong. Go TRUMP!

Comment

Taiwan is indeed a good example for us. We are so glad that they have shown us how Taiwan's progress started to slow down as soon as they fell for Western Democratic system. Today's Taiwan is more dependent on China than on any other country. More than 2 million Taiwanese live in China permanently, approaching 10% of Taiwan's population. More and more Taiwanese professor are going to teach and do research in China. We know Taiwan far better. The current Taiwan government is afraid of this high level of exchange, not China. I can go on and on, but this thread is not about China.

Well, I believe you were the first one to bring up China in this thread. I think both of us agree China is irrelevant in this thread. I stop here.
                                lol

Let's see... Taiwan = higher wages, lower unemployment rate, higher household incomes, higher air quality, unrestricted internet, higher quality of construction standards, better law enforcement, far better healthcare, more developed infrastructure, more educated populace, less scammers, etc.

Good luck making the argument Mainland China > Taiwan to anybody who has been to both. Outside of Shanghai and parts of Shenzhen it's not even on the same playing field.

-----------------------

As for the thread, just more proof hardcore leftists have a mental disorder.

Comment

Working...
                                X