Trump makes 103 false claims in a week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
    I can't spare you that math. Sorry Barbie, I know it's hard. Maybe you should just go shopping instead.
    I wasn't talking about math in general but about the insult you had to connect to it. It's obvious that I had looked up the numbers and did the math before you even posted the numbers. Do I have to repeat it again or did you got that now?

Besides that I'd prefere it if you little princess would stop with these subliminal insults. Especially considering which position you hold on this forum but also simply for the sake of having a normal discussion.

Clinton was anti-gun and anti-free speech and anti-drug law reform. That makes her a 100% no go for the Libertarians.
    I'll give you that as it's indeed true that the position of Libs is generally closer to the Reps. What you aren't taking into consideration is that Johnson is absolutely no fan of Trump and considers his political views as authoritarian. So the chance that he would had formed a coalition with the Reps in such case aren't that big as you may think.

Besides that why do you left out the part with the percental hurdle? Maybe because it doesn't suits your narrative? Both of our countries have a 5% minimum threshold for parties. Please tell me who would have had the majority if such hurdle would be applied in the case we're talking about here?

Hmm, where do we see another system that gives smaller nations more weight than they would otherwise be entitled to? Oh yes, that's right, the EU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting...European_Union
    That's not really comparable for multiple reasons and you know that yourself.

You really do know nothing about which you bleat.
    Rocks and a glass house.

Btw, why did you left out an answer to the first part of my previous post that actually shows that Obama is very well able to compromise?

Comment

Originally posted by Marsch View Post
      I'll give you that as it's indeed true that the position of Libs is generally closer to the Reps. What you aren't taking into consideration is that Johnson is absolutely no fan of Trump and considers his political views as authoritarian. So the chance that he would had formed a coalition with the Reps in such case aren't that big as you may think.
      This was about the presidential elections and there can't be two presidents so with a reform of the voting system that demands a majority of the votes there would have been a second round if no one had gotten a 50% + 1 vote majority. In that case many more libertarians would have voted for the Republican candidate than they would have for the Democratic one as the Republicans are much closer to their own party. Coalitions are a European thing. In the US presidential elections winner takes all.

Comment

A pointless discussion, if there ever was one. Though I shouldn't be surprised many lefties buy into that "Clinton was robbed of victory"-routine.

Comment

...Lot of words showing I can't do maths or logic
          You really are going out of your way to show that comments on you having homeopathic knowledge are right aren't you.

Just acknowledge that your claim of 'Clinton got more votes' was rubbish and get over it.

I'll call you what you are. A sad little person with sad little behaviour. I was some kind of vindictive mod then I would have permabanned you a long time ago. Instead I find it much more amusing to let you run around bleating about how unfair it all is.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
            A pointless discussion, if there ever was one. Though I shouldn't be surprised many lefties buy into that "Clinton was robbed of victory"-routine.
            Well, it was her turn after all.

And she also won the popular vote. Though the popular vote does not mean sh*t from a legal point of view since that's not how a president is elected in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1976 View Post
              This was about the presidential elections and there can't be two presidents so with a reform of the voting system that demands a majority of the votes there would have been a second round if no one had gotten a 50% + 1 vote majority. In that case many more libertarians would have voted for the Republican candidate than they would have for the Democratic one as the Republicans are much closer to their own party. Coalitions are a European thing. In the US presidential elections winner takes all.
              That's heavily depending on the set rules in such a scenario. See the mentioned percental hurdle (minimum threshold) for example. If it would have been set to 3,5% or above all others except for the Reps and Dems would have been thrown out which would automatically have granted Clinton the majority.
              Besides that Clinton got 48,18% of votes while Trump only got 46,09%. If you add all other votes (Greens 1,07%, independent 0,54% and others 0,84%) except for the ones of Libs on Clinton's side she would have gotten an other 2,45% on her side. This would already give her 50,63% of the votes. Considering that Johnson was actually heavily anti-Trump I doubt that all Libertarian votes would have gone to the Reps which would add presumably at least one more percent on her side and that would have given her the overall majority.
              Yes, the winner takes it all because of the already mentioned antiquated electoral college system which even the Libertarian candidate for Vice President (W. Weld) dislikes so much that he was suing against it because he actually thinks it's unconstitutional as it disfranchises the supporters of the losing candidates.

You really are going out of your way to show that comments on you having homeopathic knowledge are right aren't you.

Just acknowledge that your claim of 'Clinton got more votes' was rubbish and get over it.

I'll call you what you are. A sad little person with sad little behaviour. I was some kind of vindictive mod then I would have permabanned you a long time ago. Instead I find it much more amusing to let you run around bleating about how unfair it all is.
              About the altered quote. You so far weren't either able to disprove my math nor my logic so far.

That's maybe your opinion but it's simply not true. It's you that's obviously not able to argue about the given facts. That goes for Obama making compromises and for the theoretical case of having a proportional vote.

That claim isn't rubbish at all. Even the numbers that you posted yourself underline the fact.

Smoke and deflection. There is no real reason to (perma)ban me because I'm just having different opinions and were asking you to explain something or to answer a simple question.

Comment

No there is no point arguing with you any more than there is arguing with a somewhat dim four-year old. You are the epitome of ignorance and arrogance and a very sad little individual.

Comment

Ah, nothing factual but some more insults. Who'd have thought?

Comment

Oh, just knock it off. You're so dying to prove that Trump's electoral success was the opposite of democracy you've become blind to the fact that the US of A isn't the only democratic system in the world with mechanisms in place to ensure parity representation of different regions and interests. This "obsolete" system you're ranting against is anything but; the fact that a pejorative such as "flyover country" exists is testament to that.

Comment

Ah, nothing factual but some more insults. Who'd have thought?
                      It's not an insult when it's 100% accurate. If I ran a poll here on Marsch - Shining Wit or Whining Shit you'd still be complaining that the 95+% vote for whiny entitled little millennial shit didn't represent democracy or a true plurality.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
                        Oh, just knock it off. You're so dying to prove that Trump's electoral success was the opposite of democracy you've become blind to the fact that the US of A isn't the only democratic system in the world with mechanisms in place to ensure parity representation of different regions and interests. This "obsolete" system you're ranting against is anything but; the fact that a pejorative such as "flyover country" exists is testament to that.
                        It's not only about Trump vs. Clinton even if that's obviously the key point of that part of the "discussion" here. The problem with the electoral college system is a deeper routet one. Just to mention it before I'll continue it can also prefere a Democrat in a reversed case. To save me some time please check the following link for some further explainations why it actually is a problem.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...ay_suits_by_b/

Please tell me which country in the world is using a comparable system to elect it's Head of State? I'm not talking about an electoral college system in general but about one that works in (exactly) the same fashion as the one of the USA.

It very well is obsolete. Alone that it's more than 200 years old and hasn't really been reformed all the time is more than a hint in that direction.

Let me ask you one question. If you're defending this system and are so in favor of it would you prefere that such a system would be implemented in Germany?

It's not an insult when it's 100% accurate. If I ran a poll here on Marsch - Shining Wit or Whining Shit you'd still be complaining that the 95+% vote for whiny entitled little millennial shit didn't represent democracy or a true plurality.
                        It's as accurate as your claim that I'm a millenial. FYI, I'm born in 1977.

The real problem here is that you're not able to accept that people have other views and opinions and aren't willing to argue in depth about why you're right or can't simply leave it at that if you're personally involved. Unfortunately I've the impression that you actually aren't even trying to understand the other position one bit. Instead you're descending to a level that presumably neither reflects your intellect nor your position as moderator if you're confronted with differing opinions. But that (except for the moderator part) is a general problem of not only you or this forum here and to be honest sometimes I'm also not free of it.

That I'm belonging to a small minority here with my opinions is no secret but that wasn't different for basically the whole existence of this forum and it's predecessor. As far as I can remember we both bumped into each other directly in two threads during all that time not considering this one here and any unrelated moderation issues. Which is a quite low ratio. So stop making this a personal vendetta.

digrar has posted an interesting thread in the offtopic area that deals with the "decline of civility" and that's exactly what we're also seeing in this forum here. The thing is that I'm not willing to accept this as it doesn't has to be like that. That some dimwits aren't able to operate on a different level is unfortunately a fact but that neither counts for you or me I'd say.

Comment

The complete lack of space for differing opinions is far worse here than on MP.net, and is why I never post. I'm sure this will result me in being labeled a whiny liberal or something.

Comment

yeah but here I dont hit f5 every 10 minutes....

Comment

You should hit ALT+F4 more often.

Comment

Originally posted by TehMowat View Post
                                The complete lack of space for differing opinions is far worse here than on MP.net, and is why I never post. I'm sure this will result me in being labeled a whiny liberal or something.
                                Nah, we are not like that.

I won’t name them but we have a few democrats leaning folks with valid and well thought out arguments who rarely get shit from the more Conservative crowd.

IME on here it has more to do with how you put your arguments - civility is appreciated and welcome here so do post more.

Comment

Working...
                                X