Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Sanders kicked out of restaurant because of work for Trump

Public Health visit, tax and IRS visit, immigration test on workers

Funny how a baker gets found guilty for not wanting to bake a cake ( to be honest I would have baked it and stuck two big *ocks on it) by they are allowed to do this
    The US president's press secretary says she was refused service because she works for Donald Trump.

It's okay when we do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
      It's okay when we do it.

exactly what a bunch idiots, it reminds me of the do what I say - not do what I do

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

exactly what a bunch idiots, it reminds me of the do what I say - not do what I do
        Exactly.... but the other way around. Cause if you remember well restaurants refusing to serve homos or do a cake for a homo wedding were strongly defended by those moaning today because "private bisness"
        Including the famous forum trumpistas here....

Comment

Originally posted by Mordoror View Post

Exactly.... but the other way around. Cause if you remember well restaurants refusing to serve homos or do a cake for a homo wedding were strongly defended by those moaning today because "private bisness"
          Including the famous forum trumpistas here....

Yep. Shoe on other foot.

For the record my personal position is that the restaurant shouldn't have kicked Sanders out and nor should the cake shop have refused a gay couple. Can the Trumpies agree on both or will they pick just one?

There's no reasonable planet where the Sanders offense is unfair but the bakery one is fine.

Comment

Is homosexuality a protected characteristic in the US? It is in the UK (along with race, sex, religion), wheras political views are not, so you can discriminate based on political views. Not saying I agree with it, just that there is a potential legal difference between the two cases.

Personally I'm of the opinion a business can refuse business to whoever it wants, but has to suck up any bad press/loss of business that results. However forcing them to serve anyone who walks through to door is also fine, aslong as it's consistent either way.

Comment

Personally I'm of the opinion a business can refuse business to whoever it wants, but has to suck up any bad press/loss of business that results. However forcing them to serve anyone who walks through to door is also fine, aslong as it's consistent either way.
              This

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
                I agree, but being gay is not a choice, whereas Huckabee-Sanders has chosen to work for a piece of shit. There is a difference between the two scenarios.

Comment

The restaurant should be allowed to refuse service to anyone on any basis whatsoever except for race.

Also, “sexual orientation” shouldn’t be a protected class.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                    The restaurant should be allowed to refuse service to anyone on any basis whatsoever except for race.

Also, “sexual orientation” shouldn’t be a protected class.
                    Wait, so refusing service based on sex or disability is ok?

I can get on board with refusing service to anyone that's pretty fair, but why are you picking out race as the only protected characteristic?

Comment

Stupid on many levels.

They just signed their own closure.

Wasn't there some restaurant that refused to serve cops and went bankrupt?

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post

Wait, so refusing service based on sex or disability is ok?
                        Yes.

I’d bet you a shiny new coin that a business deliberately discriminating against disabled people for the sole reason they’re disabled would very quickly lose other customers as well.

Businesses discriminating based on sex is absolutely a-ok with me. I’ve got no problems with yoga classes being “for women only” or gyms catering strictly to men, or any other private business choosing to serve only one sex.

Originally posted by Corrupt
                        I can get on board with refusing service to anyone that's pretty fair, but why are you picking out race as the only protected characteristic?
                        I should clarify that I mean race and nationality.

That is the only thing businesses shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate against. And no it’s not arbitrary. Because history.

Comment

The libertarian standpoint, is that you should be able to sell or not to whoever you please.

Just expect to be run out of business for stupidly.

One rule of business is that money has no colour.

Comment

watch a couple youtube videos of WH press, the lady sure has buddha patient. I might strangle some of the reporters.

Comment

That's not very mature, but I find it so very funny.
                              And it's not like THAT administration is any more mature than this...

Comment

Working...
                              X