Global Corruption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Corruption

Here is my list of national presidents and prime ministers who were trialed and/or forced to resign due to corruption allegations since 90s. Arranged by the year of leaving the office. The list is incomplete obviously. Can anyone add new some names to the list?

1997 - Lazarenko in Ukraine

2004 - Kasyanov in Russia

2008 - Chen in Taiwan

2010 - Timoshenko in Ukraine

2011 - Berluscconi in Italy

2015 - Kirchner in Argentina

2016 - Rouseff in Brazil

2017 - Park in South Korea

2018 - Razak in Indonesia

2018 - Zuma in South Africa

2018 - Rajoy in Spain

2019 Putin

Comment

Poor imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Yevgeny View Post
        Can anyone add new some names to the list?
        1996 Šleževičius (PM) in Lithuania

2004 Paksas (President) in Lithuania

That is what I remember by heart.

Comment

Unfortunately Nicolas Sarkozy was never forced to resign but should have been. Chirac too. High ethic French ‘conservatives’ my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
            Unfortunately Nicolas Sarkozy was never forced to resign but should have been. Chirac too. High ethic French ‘conservatives’ my ass.

Exactly, it's not the mistakes but reaction to mistakes that characterizes system. For example journalist investigation like "On vam ne Dimon" with 100% certainty would have led to investigation by Parliament in Lithuania and with 99% certainty PM would have resigned in matter of days.

Comment

So what would you incriminate Prime Minister Medvedev?

Comment

Illegal enrichment to start with... You find situation there facts in form of official documents, geolocation, etc. there provided with 0,00 (zero) reaction from Russian Parliament and so called "opposition" normal?

Comment

If you actually watched the doc you would knew there was no direct evidence proving Medvedev "illegal inrichment". He is a lawer himself, he doesnt leave tracks...

Comment

Well, Mariano rajoy was not condemned himself for corruption, but some politicals of his party.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
                      By the way what have those two done? Do you have links?

Comment

If you actually watched the doc you would knew there was no direct evidence proving Medvedev "illegal inrichment". He is a lawer himself, he doesnt leave tracks...

I watched, IMHO there is enough materials, questions to start Parliamentary investigation. As I said it's not mistakes but reaction to mistakes that characterize system. In case of Russia reaction to this investigation was Zero. That tells a lot about transparency and Parliamentary "opposition" in your country.

Comment

By the way what have those two done? Do you have links?
                          N.Sarkozy had two stories of illegal funding of his party/campaign
                          Through "gifts" of Liliane Betancourt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liliane_Bettencourt
                          In June 2010, during the Bettencourt affair, Bettencourt became embroiled in a high-level French political scandal after other details of the tape recordings made by her butler became public. The tapes allegedly picked up conversations between Bettencourt and her financial adviser, Patrice de Maistre, which indicate that Bettencourt may have avoided paying taxes by keeping a substantial amount of cash in undeclared Swiss bank accounts. The tapes also allegedly captured a conversation between Bettencourt and French budget minister Éric Woerth, who was soliciting a job for his wife managing Bettencourt's wealth, while running a high-profile campaign to catch wealthy tax evaders as the budget minister.[35] Moreover, Bettencourt received a €30 million tax rebate while Woerth was budget minister.[36]
                          In July 2010, the scandal widened after Bettencourt's former accountant, Claire Thibout, alleged in an interview with the French investigative website Mediapart, that conservative French politicians were frequently given envelopes stuffed with cash at Bettencourt's mansion in Neuilly-sur-Seine. She alleged that Woerth, while acting as treasurer for the Union for a Popular Movement (UMP), was given an envelope containing €150,000 in cash in March 2007 towards the presidential campaign of Nicolas Sarkozy. She also made, then retracted, a claim that Sarkozy was a frequent visitor to the Bettencourt's home while he was mayor of Neuilly-sur-Seine from 1983 to 2002 and received envelopes containing cash. A few days later, she declared she had been pressured by French police to retract her testimony about Nicolas Sarkozy's illegal cash.[37] Mr Sarkozy and Mr Woerth both deny wrongdoing.[35][38][39] Following these allegations, French police raided the home and office of de Maistre, who heads Clymène, the company owned by Bettencourt to manage her wealth.[40] French law limits political donations to €7,500 for political parties and €4,600 for individuals. Contributions above €150 must be paid by cheque with the donor clearly identified.[38][41]
                          And possible money coming from Kadafi Nicolas Sarkozy faces formal investigation over alleged Libya funding

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ver-libya-case

Chirac is more about false jobs false bills when he was mayor of Paris

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lty-corruption

Comment

Originally posted by AurimasLT View Post

I watched, IMHO there is enough materials, questions to start Parliamentary investigation. As I said it's not mistakes but reaction to mistakes that characterize system. In case of Russia reaction to this investigation was Zero. That tells a lot about transparency and Parliamentary "opposition" in your country.
                            That's not true. I don't remember details but Communists raised this issue in Duma and demanded investigation.

But again there were not many direct evidence against Prime Minister. Basically some charity was getting donations from private companies and was buying real estate. Nothing special. The only thing the head of the charity happened to be former Medvedev classmate. Yeah and donators happened to be one of the the biggest mining and energy corporations in Russia. That's it.

Comment

Merkel.
                              ...and every politician in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                              X