Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macron: G7 Doesn't mind being G6 and Doesn't Need the US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Macron: G7 Doesn't mind being G6 and Doesn't Need the US

    France’s President Emmanuel Macron said Thursday that the G-7 "doesn't mind being six," suggesting that the group doesn’t need the United States.

    “The six countries of the G-7 without the United States are a bigger market taken together than the American market,” Macron said, according to Reuters. “There will be no world hegemony if we know how to organize ourselves. And we don’t want there to be one.”
    http://www.newsweek.com/we-dont-mind-being-6-macron-g7-us-965547

    lol @ Macron trying to sound tough. Have a croissant and sit down pls, thx.

  • #2
    Shesh, it's Newsweek. That magazine that people used to buy at airports to have something to read before they boarded their plane. Now that everyone has a smartphone I'm just amazed it even exists.

    Comment


    • #3
      The US is putting itself into isolation with its "either you do it our way or you're our enemy" foreign policy.
      US partners can tolerate this for 1, 2 maybe even 5 years. But definitely not forever.

      Comment


      • #4
        TheKiwi So?

        Originally posted by Jonathan View Post

        http://www.newsweek.com/we-dont-mind-being-6-macron-g7-us-965547

        lol @ Macron trying to sound tough. Have a croissant and sit down pls, thx.
        Trump pulling the US out of major multilateral agreements is creating a vacuum, and China is happily filling that vacuum at unprecedented speeds. I wonder if Trump himselfs knows how he's going to make all those great new deals he's promised. Try resigning in a company and demanding to be rehired on a new, more favorable labor contract if there's a whole line of guys sitting behind you who're ready to sign up for your job under its old conditions.

        Beijing's already got Moscow and Delhi in it's pocket and their combined money will make the EU swoon over to them if The Donald can't let go of his shenanigans. Come the summit, Trudeau on the other hand will try his utter best to undermine Trump just to memorialize himself. All in all, there's a very distinct possibility of a new top economic forum in which America's role would either be diminished or the country would not be invited to join.

        There's a reason why even pro-Trump parties across the world have been shaking their heads in disbelief as of late; China couldn't be happier about his policies. He's handed them the keys to the vault on a silver platter.

        Enjoy your hot dog, by the way.

        Comment


        • #5
          The OP headline was indeed short-sighted and pretty limited. Luckily, we have some good members to put the chest beating - Tacos eating Californians back at their place. Cheers muck. And word.

          Comment


          • #6
            All this talk about EU pivoting to China, India, and Russia and “isolating the US.” Lol. Please. You do that and watch us watch you guys piss your pants as we even hint at pulling our support from NATO.

            But letusbecereal. Really. This is silly. Ya’ll ain’t doing shit. You know it. We know it.

            Turdeau and Macaron can pretend to be tough. But everyone knows there’s no bite behind that bark. Settle down and have some freedom fries on us.
            Last edited by Jonathan; 07-06-2018, 10:03 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
              All this talk about EU pivoting to China, India, and Russia and “isolating the US.” Lol. Please. You do that and watch us watch you guys piss your pants as we even hint at pulling our support from NATO.

              But letusbecereal. Really. This is silly. Ya’ll ain’t doing shit. You know it. We know it.

              Turdeau and Macaron can pretend to be tough. But everyone knows there’s no bite behind that bark. Settle down and have some freedom fries on us.
              You guys even read our news across the pond even just for sily europeans and their antics? Because you seem to be like good 48h behind the loop if not more.

              Comment


              • #8
                The G7 was about setting cooperation between the largest economies.

                If one country does´nt want to coordinate, takes decisions that are harmful for other members (not to mention their own industries and consumers), then yeah, why not limit meetings between cooperating parties. No use talking to people who change their minds more often they change underwear.

                As for you Jonathan, as great military power the US is, take away GAFA type business, the American industry is choking not because of imports but because a of "good enough is good enough" approach to investment and innovation. The same symptom your infrastructure suffers from. disinvestment and living only in the short term.





                Comment


                • #9
                  Trump's a dick. That's a fact and not possible to deny. I don't see why the other nations should play nice and cuddle him when he's being so reckless and childish...

                  Or more accurately, why should the rest of the world be like nerds scared of the bully ?

                  I liked the little snipe when Macron implied Trump's only going to be there for a time and after him things will probably more cordial and amicable as before. Like Trump is a "pause" in the history of the US and of the World.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                    All this talk about EU pivoting to China, India, and Russia and “isolating the US.” Lol. Please. You do that and watch us watch you guys piss your pants as we even hint at pulling our support from NATO.

                    But letusbecereal. Really. This is silly. Ya’ll ain’t doing shit. You know it. We know it.

                    Turdeau and Macaron can pretend to be tough. But everyone knows there’s no bite behind that bark. Settle down and have some freedom fries on us.
                    Please do it
                    Pull out from NATO
                    As well as the weapons contract NATO has brought you for 70 years
                    And see your economy crumble and your militaro-industry complex cry

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TG0211 View Post
                      Trump's a dick. That's a fact and not possible to deny. I don't see why the other nations should play nice and cuddle him when he's being so reckless and childish...

                      Or more accurately, why should the rest of the world be like nerds scared of the bully ?

                      I liked the little snipe when Macron implied Trump's only going to be there for a time and after him things will probably more cordial and amicable as before. Like Trump is a "pause" in the history of the US and of the World.
                      Even if it is a pause (which is far from sure) these 4y (and maybe 4 more to come) are hurting US position on the international concert of nations pretty hard
                      Confidence in international politics/relationship is hard and long to built up
                      Trump is throwing away 70 y of trans-atlantic and US-Canada relations in the trashbin
                      Will take time to rebuild the bridges if it goes too far as it is on the path to do

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Trump plays hard. It`s a type of negotiator that is fully focused on result not on relations. Usually such players win in business expecially in short term. Conversly Macron and rest of company talking about values etc. Opposite type of negotiators. Countries should follow interest and not give up them in exchange of good relations.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Guma View Post
                          Trump plays hard. It`s a type of negotiator that is fully focused on result not on relations. Usually such players win in business expecially in short term. Conversly Macron and rest of company talking about values etc. Opposite type of negotiators. Countries should follow interest and not give up them in exchange of good relations.
                          In business not in geopolitics. In such complex multi layer relationship good relations and image can be as much important as interests.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                            All this talk about EU pivoting to China, India, and Russia and “isolating the US.” Lol. Please. You do that and watch us watch you guys piss your pants as we even hint at pulling our support from NATO.

                            But letusbecereal. Really. This is silly. Ya’ll ain’t doing shit. You know it. We know it.

                            Turdeau and Macaron can pretend to be tough. But everyone knows there’s no bite behind that bark. Settle down and have some freedom fries on us.
                            don't hit the door with your arse on the way out and as Mordoror says the biggest losers will be the US defence complex which is desperate for sales hence the threats of sanctions against countries that buy Russian military hardware, America is a tinpot country dependent on countries buying dollars to do trade .... it's a tax to the USA for the pleasure of doing trade and when more countries ditch the dollar the weaker your economy becomes ... Europe does not need America's protection ... america masterminded the whole hostility with Russia ... because Washington feared Russia had to much influence over the EU hence Ukraine

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Macron's G6 does need the USA, unless they want to lose importance or significantly change their policies.

                              Originally posted by muck View Post
                              Trump pulling the US out of major multilateral agreements is creating a vacuum, and China is happily filling that vacuum at unprecedented speeds.
                              China is not saving Obama's Iran nuclear deal.
                              TPP is still happening without the USA.

                              China's ability and willingness to replace the USA is overrated, at least in the current decade.




                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X