X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message of Putin and Austrian Chancellor Kurz

Poland offers up to $2 billion for a permanent US military presence

https://www.defensenews.com/flashpoi...tary-presence/

old news but it might be relevant,.. throwing money down the drain?

Comment

Originally posted by heiliger_geist View Post

Poland isn't part of EU/Europe community. It might not show it for utilitarian reasons, but it hates its eastern neighbors as much as it hates its western neighbors. (I call it the Israel of Europe) And by the looks of it, it's crazy enough to stubbornly fight against the entire European continent (with the help of the US of course) if the continent isn't anti-Russian or anti-German enough.

Comment

Originally posted by kiri View Post

Poland isn't part of EU/Europe community. It might not show it for utilitarian reasons, but it hates its eastern neighbors as much as it hates its western neighbors. (I call it the Israel of Europe) And by the looks of it, it's crazy enough to stubbornly fight against the entire European continent (with the help of the US of course) if the continent isn't anti-Russian or anti-German enough.
        Everyone has kicked Poland over the years - decided to buy a bit of protection from the big boy on the block

Comment

We live in a Bizarro World where Austria makes rational, common sense Policy while Germany rearranges the deck chairs on the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by JCR View Post
            We live in a Bizarro World where Austria makes rational, common sense Policy while Germany rearranges the deck chairs on the Titanic
            I'm thinking just about the same thing, except in America politicians are screaming "Russia! Russia! Russia!'

Watching Message of Putin and Austrian Chancellor Kurz was definitely eye-opening!!

Comment

BS! What problems do Poles have with the UK, Austria, Denmark, Czechia, Spain, Romania, Finland, Portugal, Ireland, Norway, ..?

Well, that's true that they do have certain problems with Germany and Russia (as they always historically had), but it doesn't count as "stubbornly fight against the entire European continent", like it or not.

No, IMHO their end/long term goal is to get access to the weapons of mass destruction.

Comment

I know you'd like to think that but it's simply not true. No real problems with any EU country.
                As for Russia it is an aggressive, authoritarian state willing to wage wars on her neighbours (vide Ukraine), undermining political systems in other countries (last US presidential election, brexit referendum, overt and covert support for extreme political entities all over Europe), killing innocent civilians by the hundreds (vide MH17 flight). The only real protection for Poland against the Russian threat is American boots on the ground.

Now that you've been schooled go back to fluffing Putin, my Russian friend.
                Last edited by ATSzmrots; 05-06-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller2 View Post
                  No, IMHO their end/long term goal is to get access to the weapons of mass destruction.
                  I hope they obtain space technology first, or at least an aircraft, because delivering WMD by cavalery charge isn't convenient.

Comment

I call it the Israel of Europe
                    Flattery will get you nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ATSzmrots View Post
                      As for Russia it is an aggressive, authoritarian state willing to wage wars on her neighbours (vide Ukraine), undermining political systems in other countries (last US presidential election, brexit referendum, overt and covert support for extreme political entities all over Europe), killing innocent civilians by the hundreds (vide MH17 flight). The only real protection for Poland against the Russian threat is American boots on the ground.
                      I love your self-loathing sarcasm

[permanent] US boots on the (european) ground means [permanent] US foreign policy on the (european) ground, regardless of the short-term and long-term wishes of Poland's european neighbors.
                      So the move is obviously hostile to all of Europe, as it [permanently] impacts the long/short-term ability of Europe to form its foreign/internal policies.

Comment

I love your self-loathing sarcasm

[permanent] US boots on the (european) ground means [permanent] US foreign policy on the (european) ground, regardless of the short-term and long-term wishes of Poland's european neighbors.
                        So the move is obviously hostile to all of Europe, as it [permanently] impacts the long/short-term ability of Europe to form its foreign/internal policies.
                        Lol, there already are US bases in Europe, Ivan.
                        I thought you knew that.
                        Stop invading your neighbours and there won't be any need for military build up in NATO countries.

Comment

I thought you knew that.
                          Stop invading your neighbours and there won't be any need for military build up in NATO countries.
                          You're one to lecture; stop attacking countries in the Middle East and turning them into hell for their population to live in.
                          Stop overthrowing governments on Russia's borders and then pretending like nothing happened and Russia started it all. We already had a war courtesy of your stooge Saakashvilli and now we're in a conflict with the Ukraine too and it's US/EU appointed leaders.

Comment

I thought you knew that.
                            Stop assisting the creation of ISIS and being responsible for the deaths of civilians worldwide (addressed to the US)
                            Or yada yada, Germany and France are geopolitically smarter and more far-sighted than Poland, about x200 fold. Whatever they do is out of personal ambition/necessity, while whatever Poland does is out of feelings of inferiority and vulnerability. Poland is tightly wedged in between powers (Germany, Russia, France) who have the physical capacity and capability to pursue "imperialistic" ambitions, with Poland being the only state in this group that can't. So it tries to "look cool" and "powerful" by waving an american dildo, which just looks sad from a distance.

Comment

The offer has already been rejected by the U..S.A. AFAIK.

Comment

Working...
                              X