Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by budgie View Post
    Plenty of evidence of collusion.

Yes, any day now - or at least any week. It will all come out in the wash because investigations take time. Watergate took two years. So yeah, 14 months sounds about right. And when Trump's crimes are exposed and the charges laid I'll get to say the opposite: all those months ago 14, 18, 24 or whatever, I told you so.
    https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174383...ssia-collusion

"Here, ultimately, is where Paul Ryan’s argument completely falls apart. The speaker says “there’s no evidence of collusion” but also isn’t willing to go full Trump, denounce the investigation as a fraud, and call for its end. Instead, he says, “this is about Russia and what they did and making sure they don’t do it again.” But Trump has always been clear that he doesn’t think Russia did anything wrong, doesn’t want the full details to become known, doesn’t want anyone punished, and has no particular interest in making sure they don’t do it again. And that, itself, is perhaps the most powerful evidence of collusion."
    I genuinely enjoy how confident you are every week that *something* will happen any moment now and that we are so much closer to... something.

It’s like those people who are sold on “The Secret,” and the power of belief. Hell, many of our own libtards have long given up on deluding themselves. I admire your unshakeable commitment to your faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
      I genuinely enjoy how confident you are every week that *something* will happen any moment now and that we are so much closer to... something.

It’s like those people who are sold on “The Secret,” and the power of belief. Hell, many of our own libtards have long given up on deluding themselves. I admire your unshakeable commitment to your faith.

It's easy to mischaracterize it as me saying 'any day now' from the start. It's always been my view that eventually Trump's chickens will come home to roost. And yes I am confident that as the investigation gathers pace, turns more witnesses, convicts more stooges, that we're nearer the end than the beginning. I'm also right on the count that 'something will happen any moment' because almost every day, there are new revelations about the Trump team's wrongdoing in the campaign.

Will it mean the end of his presidency? Unlikely while the GOP holds the house. But it will not mean when the irrefutable proof comes (much of this evidence already has landed) that he won't be obviously guilty.

Trump surviving this long is not proof he's innocent or that he has a strong case. It is only evidence that he is well protected by stooges in congress. If this were Obama or Clinton you'd have called for impeachment the moment Comey was fired - don't pretend you don't know it - and it might have been done already. He's very likely guilty and whether it ends his presidency or not it will deligitimize him, weaken him and make him even more ineffective going forward than the bumbling dumpster-fire of his administration so far.

Comment

It's easy to mischaracterize it as me saying 'any day now' from the start. It's always been my view that eventually Trump's chickens will come home to roost. And yes I am confident that as the investigation gathers pace, turns more witnesses, convicts more stooges, that we're nearer the end than the beginning. I'm also right on the count that 'something will happen any moment' because almost every day, there are new revelations about the Trump team's wrongdoing in the campaign.
        O’rly?

Remind me again how many people on Trump’s team have been convicted for their actions during the campaign?

Originally posted by budgie
        Will it mean the end of his presidency? Unlikely while the GOP holds the house. But it will not mean when the irrefutable proof comes (much of this evidence already has landed) that he won't be obviously guilty.
        Any day now bud. That there “irrefutable proofs” is just around that there corner.

Just give it about 6.5 more years.

If this were Obama or Clinton you'd have called for impeachment the moment Comey was fired - don't pretend you don't know it - and it might have been done already.
        I believe psychologists refer to this as “projecting.”

Comment

Thing is with this, there are probably better things that the American people could be focussing on in terms of his policies than this pointless smoke screen. It's all noise, getting in the way of reporting potential stupid ideas. Also, pretty sure that most wanted list isn't getting smaller. Just saying FBI.

Comment

Trump surviving this long is not proof he's innocent or that he has a strong case. It is only evidence that he is well protected by stooges in congress. If this were Obama or Clinton you'd have called for impeachment the moment Comey was fired - don't pretend you don't know it - and it might have been done already. He's very likely guilty and whether it ends his presidency or not it will deligitimize him, weaken him and make him even more ineffective going forward than the bumbling dumpster-fire of his administration so far.
            Jesus, what a clueless dullard. You babble on about "crimes" that you can't identify or specify including some vague "obstruction" claim that the tin foil hat crowd loves to wave around. FYI, Rod Rosenstein wrote the memo that recommended Comey be fired and Trump is well within his Constitutional right to do so even without that justification. Your characterization of Trump's "ineffective and bumbling dumpster fire of an administration" is a direct non-stop full throttle flight from reality. Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder just how you got to be so delusional and mis-informed.

Rosenstein defends his controversial memo used to justify Trump’s firing of Comey
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.721ad3b8a9da

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post

Jesus, what a clueless dullard. You babble on about "crimes" that you can't identify or specify including some vague "obstruction" claim that the tin foil hat crowd loves to wave around. FYI, Rod Rosenstein wrote the memo that recommended Comey be fired and Trump is well within his Constitutional right to do so even without that justification. Your characterization of Trump's "ineffective and bumbling dumpster fire of an administration" is a direct non-stop full throttle flight from reality. Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder just how you got to be so delusional and mis-informed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.721ad3b8a9da
              So Rosenstein says it was okay for him to participate in obstruction as well, so it's okay. M'kay. Jesus OJ should have used that defense. Or Nixon.

Rosenstein can defend his own memo all he likes. I can write whatever I want on a scrap of paper, doesn't make it real. It also doesn't take away from the fact Trump has confessed on TV to firing Comey because he was investigating the president, to tweeting that he ought to fire Mueller and can if he wants, and asserting his right to pardon himself (of what, you might well ask) to admitting he dictated his son's statements about the Russia meeting. The man has all but confessed his guilt in obstruction of justice. Sure sounds like he has a lot to hide.

Comment

O’rly?

Remind me again how many people on Trump’s team have been convicted for their actions during the campaign?

Any day now bud. That there “irrefutable proofs” is just around that there corner.

Just give it about 6.5 more years.

I believe psychologists refer to this as “projecting.”

It's called putting the shoe on the other foot. Try it, for a little intellectual honesty.

Comment

So Rosenstein says it was okay for him to participate in obstruction as well, so it's okay. M'kay. Jesus OJ should have used that defense. Or Nixon.

Rosenstein can defend his own memo all he likes. I can write whatever I want on a scrap of paper, doesn't make it real. It also doesn't take away from the fact Trump has confessed on TV to firing Comey because he was investigating the president, to tweeting that he ought to fire Mueller and can if he wants, and asserting his right to pardon himself (of what, you might well ask) to admitting he dictated his son's statements about the Russia meeting. The man has all but confessed his guilt in obstruction of justice. Sure sounds like he has a lot to hide.
                  Trump didn't need Rosenstein's memo, you understand this, right? As the head of the Executive Branch he can fire at will, just as other Presidents have, just as our Constitution says. What exactly was "obstructed" by firing Comey? Was the investigation shut down because Comey was fired? No. "Sounds like" he has a lot to hide? Maybe to a partisan halfwit looking for monsters under his bed every night. I know you want this so badly, but flapping your arms and gums and screaming about bullshit that doesn't exist? LOL!

Comment

Allright, let's knock it off with the insults thanks.

Comment

Can't post towards a poster who is foaming at the mouth anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post

Trump didn't need Rosenstein's memo, you understand this, right? As the head of the Executive Branch he can fire at will, just as other Presidents have, just as our Constitution says. What exactly was "obstructed" by firing Comey? Was the investigation shut down because Comey was fired? No. "Sounds like" he has a lot to hide? Maybe to a partisan halfwit looking for monsters under his bed every night. I know you want this so badly, but flapping your arms and gums and screaming about bullshit that doesn't exist? LOL!

No the investigation was not shut down because Comey was fired, but trump has repeatedly called for just that to happen, even as he admitted on TV that was why he fired him. Moreover he has called for the Congress-appointed special prosecutor to be fired, presumably on the same grounds - he doesn't want to be investigated. This is what Nixon did. Nixon was a man with something to hide. Are we to assume any different for Donald J Trump, who has a lifetime of shady business dealings under his belt?

Comment

I'm not interested in relitigating the election.
                          Sure you are, the fact you have such visceral hatred towards him shows all of us you cannot accept those election results

The fact remains members of the Trump campaign met with Russians to get dirt on their opponent.
                          It's NOT illegal to do so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjo16QamjIc

Comment

Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
                            Sure you are, the fact you have such visceral hatred towards him shows all of us you cannot accept those election results

[COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px] It's NOT illegal to do so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjo16QamjIc
                            Trying to make the thread about me rather than the topic I see. Look I accept Trump is president. We are debating his actions as president. Well I am anyway, you seem to be more interested in what I had for breakfast.

I wonder though, do you accept he won on a fluke with 3 million fewer votes. Okay you don't even have to call ti a fluke just the 2.9 million fewer votes. Because we have to accept the results right?

Doesn't give the president a mandate to do whatever he likes.

And so we come to the legality. It was legal to meet with foreign agents attempting to sway an election? You'll recall they were trying other means such as hacking into electoral software. Is it legal to fire the cop investigating you? It may be but 'legal' becomes a thin defense when the only person who'd do that is someone hiding something illegal. It's legal to lie to congress and the special prosecutor as some Trump surrogates and staff already have on his behalf.It's legal to divert campaign funds to pay off mistresses? Is it constitutional to ignore the emoluments clause and profit from your businesses because of the office you hold?

When when Obama tried to give everyone healthcare the lynch mobs were out.

I get the feeling that as long as the president's Trump, then anything the president does is 'legal' by definition. As soon as that changes can we go back to checks and balances? Or does it apply to all republicans?

The man is obviously hiding something: that's what the investigation is about. If everything he's done to hide it is 'legal' then he's still hiding something. Mueller probably already knows and sooner or later he'll share it with the rest of us. Oh and just for Jonathan, yes, any time now...

And I suppose whatever it is: laundering money for oligarchs, accepting foreign help and or money in trying to influence the election, repeatedly obstructing justice over the course of this investigation and eventually, yes, lying to congress - all that will be 'legal too, right?

Nixon was a comparative amateur. Bill Clinton has nothing on this guy. It's gonna be Yuge!

Comment

I wonder though, do you accept he won on a fluke with 3 million fewer votes. Okay you don't even have to call ti a fluke just the 2.9 million fewer votes. Because we have to accept the results right?
                              Hillary received 32% less electoral votes than Trump.

306 vs 232

"He won on a fluke."

And so we come to the legality. It was legal to meet with foreign agents attempting to sway an election?
                              It's legal to divert campaign funds to pay off mistresses?
                              And I suppose whatever it is: laundering money for oligarchs, accepting foreign help and or money in trying to influence the election, repeatedly obstructing justice over the course of this investigation and eventually, yes, lying to congress - all that will be 'legal too, right?
                              You're passing off made up things as facts.

The man is obviously hiding something: that's what the investigation is about.
                              Please ask someone to reread that for you and I'm sure you'll understand the contradiction.

Is it legal to fire the cop investigating you?
                              Trump never fired the cop investigating him.

I get the feeling that as long as the president's Trump
                              Nobody cares about your feelings.

Mueller probably already knows and sooner or later he'll share it with the rest of us.
                              Nixon was a comparative amateur. Bill Clinton has nothing on this guy. It's gonna be Yuge!
                              I'm sure. Any day now broski. Definitely within the next 6.5 years. Keep that there faith alive bud!

Comment

You're passing off made up things as facts.

And not a single 'fact' from the Trump supporters. Just the rumor that it's a partisan witch hunt. The Mueller investigation however is not based on rumors. He's a lifelong Republican and lawman and if he suspects Trump has done something wrong and the evidence keeps him busy, then I am inclined to believe there's something to it.

His presidency may well survive to the end of this term and if the Dems fuck up again and the Russians get their way, maybe even a second. But the facts of Trump's wrongdoing will come out a lot sooner than that and he will be forever tainted at the very least.

Comment

Working...
                                X