Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spain PM Mariano Rajoy faces defeat in Friday no-confidence vote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spain PM Mariano Rajoy faces defeat in Friday no-confidence vote

    Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy is likely to be forced out of office after a key party said it would support a motion of no confidence against him.
    The no-confidence vote is scheduled to take place on Friday and was tabled by the opposition Socialist party.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44319670

    Basques nationalists (Pnv) has just said that they will suppport the no-confidence vote, so Spain will be ruled by a mixture of socialists(psoe), far left (podemos) and nationalist parties, Basques and Catalans.

    At least till new General Elections, (as soon as possible), that probably will give the Spanish Governement to Ciudadanos (center-moderate right) with the support of Pp.(moderate right)

    It´s all quite absurd, how they can obtain the governement of a country without win an election.

  • #2
    I don´t see a lot of interest , but I will continue posting news about the political issues in Spain:

    Live: Pedro Sánchez, new prime minister, as no-confidence motion triumphs

    Deputies in the lower house cast 180 votes in favor of the ouster of Mariano Rajoy, with 169 votes against and one abstention
    https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/05/31...54_686740.html

    The mess that this new governement will be, probably will become Italy in a joke.

    We will see...



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mokordo View Post
      I don´t see a lot of interest , but I will continue posting news about the political issues in Spain:
      Please do.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mokordo View Post
        I don´t see a lot of interest , but I will continue posting news about the political issues in Spain:
        keep going - I`m interested.

        New goverments in southern Europe (Italy and Spain) will reshape political scene in whole EU

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Guma View Post

          keep going - I`m interested.

          New goverments in southern Europe (Italy and Spain) will reshape political scene in whole EU

          Most probably is a total chaos during some months till new general elections, and after that, Ciudadanos will win and will rule with the Pp , and all will remain the same.

          But, who knows? Maybe the left do it well, and someyhing really new and good comes out from all this.

          Comment


          • #6
            So why the no confidence vote mokordo ? It seems to me left and right wing parties ousting the centralists ? Is it the economics of Spain that have brought this about ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bfc1001 View Post
              So why the no confidence vote mokordo ? It seems to me left and right wing parties ousting the centralists ? Is it the economics of Spain that have brought this about ?
              Seem that its something similiar to how PiS achieved mayority in Poland in 2000s by making alliance with extremists. They will most likely try to build some support and wait out for right moment to throw their allies under the bus and do a snap elections.

              Comment


              • #8
                Treasurer getting locked up for 33 years and fined 51 million can't be good for anyone.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bfc1001 View Post
                  So why the no confidence vote mokordo ? It seems to me left and right wing parties ousting the centralists ? Is it the economics of Spain that have brought this about ?

                  Many cases of corruption, and a last verdict the past week that decided oposition to joint to do a no confidence vote.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mokordo View Post


                    Many cases of corruption, and a last verdict the past week that decided oposition to joint to do a no confidence vote.
                    Right I've just read . Not that much in UK news about this , probably because there all at it . I really do dispair at what the centrists have become throughout Europe .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It is true (as I read elsewhere) that the new PM has never once been elected? He's always been an appointee replacement for other elected politicians who've resigned?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                        It is true (as I read elsewhere) that the new PM has never once been elected? He's always been an appointee replacement for other elected politicians who've resigned?

                        Yes, Pedro Sánchez is "secretario general" of PSOE, but he is not member of parliameent. But is not neccesary to be elected president (in a no-confidence vote).

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X