• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll post this again.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
      Sorry for having missed out on this.

Asheren

A general scientific consensus that stands the test of scientific methods isn't the same as someone but pretending to have honored scientific standards in order to abuse the results for some sort of agenda. By the way, which particular instances were you referring to? I'm particularly interested in that time frame of yours since I've been in and out of the academic community for the better part of the last ten years and seriously, no one I've ever spoken to (nor my own observations neither) suggested anything less than a huge university predominance of leftism.

In my native country Germany, the number of tenured professors with a leftist-leaning in the humanities has been in excess of 70% since the 1980s. It cannot be that different anywhere else. Just a few weeks ago, Jordan B. Peterson posted a survey that says that one in five Canadian professors claims to be a Maoist. A fricking Maoist. In other words, I'd love to know what kind of right-wing fuckery you were referring to. I'm not saying there wasn't any, what the heck do I know; but something on par with what's been going on as of late? Like Gender Studies saying they don't have to abide by scientific standards cause those standards had been written by men? Come on.
      That was the problem with this particular case that there were serious concerns about it and it was used as mayor source in mostly christian affilated scientific circles as a proof that homosexuality, gender identity and similair issues can be cured and as such should be considered sickness. I had to write a essay in 2006 on the issue of gender identity and other sexual disfunctions during my bodyguard school as we had pretty pain in the a.. teacher of psychology. It was pretty recent issue back then with US medical community even discussing ban on most common method of treatment as it was frequently resulting in more severe problems for patients.

The children thing was pretty old. 50s if my memory is correct.

I wish i had copy in cloud or somewhere less perishable as i was able to collect some very usefull sources and piece a rough timeline.

Comment

The New York Times laments that the right has "weaponized" free speech. Wow.

Just wow.

Make no mistake, my fellow Eurowussies, this ain't just an American problem. Indeed it's the same heinous rationale that's been taking over our countries too.

@Kilgor

Good one, but it looks a wee bit photo-shopped.

Comment

^^^

In essence: the left is against free speech because they believe free speech is only used to spew "vile" ideas such as homophobia, racism, etc...
          The politically correct and authoritarian left sees free speech as a gateway to these things. Therefore, to them, you would not have any reason to defend free speech unless you secretly are a racist, an islamophobe, etc...

In other words: if you are a good person you don't need free speech and anybody standing up for it must have an ulterior motive to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post
            I'll post this again.

Amazing how this sign manage to survive 50+ years with the same letter shapes, just to be burn by some leftists.

Comment

"The Right" may be crazy, but "The Left", imho, has gone bs crazy.

Comment

Honestly I don't see much of a difference between the extremes of either side these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post
                  I'll post this again.

Have you ever heard of photoshop in your corner of OZ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hildemel View Post
                    Honestly I don't see much of a difference between the extremes of either side these days.
                    Both extrems may be crazy, but so far only the left has been calling and enforcing censorship on a very large scale.

Comment

Both sides seem to want to take freedoms away.
                      Just different kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hildemel View Post
                        Very true. That shouldn't stop us from calling those out who pose the greater risk right now though, and as I said earlier in the Iran-thread: Disliking Pepsi doesn't translate into liking Coca Cola.

Comment

personally I like double cola....

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post

Very true. That shouldn't stop us from calling those out who pose the greater risk right now though, and as I said earlier in the Iran-thread: Disliking Pepsi doesn't translate into liking Coca Cola.
                            Yup.
                            Just wish the extremes weren't so common and loud these days.

Also. I prefer Pepsi but in the end I don't care which as long as I get my sugary cola drink.

Comment

Dr Pepper with a dash of Root Beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X