No announcement yet.

Trump doubles down: 'Trade wars are good, and easy to win'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OECD report on international trade. Trump's policy of fair and reciprocal trade would increase world growth.

Comment

• Originally posted by primer View Post
      OECD report on international trade. Trump's policy of fair and reciprocal trade would increase world growth.

any link to this report? thanks!

Comment

• It was mentioned by the chief the US Bureau of labour statistics or Kudlow.

But it follows the philosophy of the OECD. That is reciprocal trade and ending over capacity.

Kudlow

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...summit-060618/
        Last edited by primer; 06-06-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

It was mentioned by the chief the US Bureau of labour statistics or Kudlow.

But it follows the philosophy of the OECD. That is reciprocal trade and ending over capacity.

Kudlow

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...summit-060618/
          I see...I saw the same report which did have a positive global forecast. But I didn't see where they said this was due to Trump's policy...

Comment

OECD report on international trade. Trump's policy of fair and reciprocal trade would increase world growth.
            first America needs to start producing goods that people want to buy in other areas of the world, your food production standards are shocking in many areas that they come nowhere near meeting the standards set by blocks like the EU, your cars are garbage or gas guzzlers that don't meet EU standards except for Ford

Comment

• Too much sugar and salt..... They should all be put in jail.

Volkswagen etc can't meet US standards and they forge their own results. Fined billions and billions lost off their shares.

All the Germans have hurriedly entered the SUV and small truck market to meet demand. With tin pot chassis and a real man could piss a hole in the side of them.

Macaroon and Turdeau in french think the US worker is better off with imports.

..and God bless NZ

Comment

• We have 350 million filthy rich Americans with streets paved with gold - world markets are drawn to us like moths to a flame.

Comment

• wut

10chars

Comment

Too much sugar and salt..... They should all be put in jail.

Volkswagen etc can't meet US standards and they forge their own results. Fined billions and billions lost off their shares.

All the Germans have hurriedly entered the SUV and small truck market to meet demand. With tin pot chassis and a real man could piss a hole in the side of them.

Macaroon and Turdeau in french think the US worker is better off with imports.

..and God bless NZ
                    Volkswagen rightly got penalised for altering the performance of their diesel cars but they were not the only ones involved i believe General Motors were guilty also ... when it comes to petrol cars Volkswagen is night and day ahead of any US manufactured car

riderboy please explain why over 40 million Americans live below the poverty level and more than half below third world level conditions

Comment

• Originally posted by muck View Post

I thought you wanted to put your time off to good use and hone your trolling skills?
                      Hi Adolf, don't you have some death camps to build and millions of civilians to kill?

How's that for trolling, my nazi friend?
                      I kid, I kid,
                      You know I love you krauts (like I love Ebola)

Comment

• China is playing 3D chess while US is ....http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3...ep-ahead-of-us

The threat to global trade institutions is not of Chinese parallel trade circumventing the current order, but rather a challenge from China establishing a parallel trade system. This parallel system will slowly pull the gravity of legitimacy toward China’s domestic institutions.
                        China is and will make things outside China. Unlike what the West has been doing. China's building factories in other countries rather than "moving" factories to them. Decades of promoting "Western Style Democracy" (China does not oppose Democracy actually, just not a fan of the Western Style Democracy.) in developing countries hasn't done much for these poor countries. By the way, it hasn't done much for the promoting Western countries, either.

The upcoming Chinese space station is a symbolic example. China tried to join the International Space Station, but the US prohibited them from joining. Now, China is building a parallel space station welcoming EVERYONE to come including the Americans who once turned China down.

TPP is another example. The TPP also excluded China. So China set up its own trade agreement, and again it welcomes Americans to join.

The West is trying to go against nature. It is human nature to fight for better lives. This earth has a lot more humans wanting better lives than there are Westerners. China is coming up with solutions that may help these poor people, but the West is still only offering rhetoric. What? You are hungrier than North Koreans? No worries, at least you have "freedom" and our style of "Democracy". Good luck trying to stop the poor from getting better lives!

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if The Chinese response, follows The EU`s response..

Comment

• Different from the 90s....there was always some trade war threat and product dumping.

US taking on all markets at one time. Perhaps its manifestation of the debt and trade deficits. NAFTA seems to be main concern for pork farmers.
                            This is a serous juggling act.

Comment

• Hi Americans, how are your 401k doing? DJI hasn't been doing too well for the first 6 months of this year...The full trade war isn't even here, yet.

Comment

• Just bought 30 units of gold, eventhough it's been failing in price lately because of a strong dollar. To hedge my portefolio a bit. Might buy more if things are going where I think it's headed.

Comment

Working...
                                X