Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If Everyone Got a Monthly Check From the Government?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If Everyone Got a Monthly Check From the Government?

In an audacious experiment, Finland is giving some residents a “basic income” of $16,000 for two years, no strings attached. Here’s what two of them did with the money.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...the-government

I think people should be treated as farms, corporations, government contractors and individually receive similar billion dollar subsidies and tax breaks.

I, myself, created a company on the island of Jersey, called "My name Holding," which owns the rights and licenses to my given name. The Danish entity, coincidentally myself, licenses the rights to my name and while licensing fees are indeed outrageous, they are admittedly tax deductible. Hence the Danish Me Franchise pays little to no taxes in Denmark and only a symbolic company tax in Jersey.

So for legal and tax reasons, I would really appreciate it, if you guys would refer to me as Fargin LLC.

Comment

So that would be welfare for the non-disabled or healthy people?

Obviously many people would rather not work at all, but the revolution isn't here quite yet.

Comment

But quite soon...

Comment

opinion piece..............https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/r...ents-who-marry

Last year, taxpayers spent more than $920 billion on 80 different anti-poverty programs.......... But since the beginning of the war on poverty, marriage has declined sharply. In 1964, 7 percent of U.S. children were born outside marriage. Today, the number is 41 percent.
          ************************************************** **************************

Society is dividing into two castes. In the top half, children are raised by married couples with college education; in the bottom half, children are raised by single mothers with a high-school degree or less
          LBJ's war on poverty "rewarded" unwed mothers especially in the black community but also in the white community. Sad. unwed moms found out they got more Fed govt assistance than married mothers living with husbands, thus began a trend still in effect today. Absent mothers condoned by govt and moms and birth fathers happy to sire children but not support the children.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargin View Post
            I think people should be treated as farms, corporations, government contractors and individually receive similar billion dollar subsidies and tax breaks.

I, myself, created a company on the island of Jersey, called "My name Holding," which owns the rights and licenses to my given name. The Danish entity, coincidentally myself, licenses the rights to my name and while licensing fees are indeed outrageous, they are admittedly tax deductible. Hence the Danish Me Franchise pays little to no taxes in Denmark and only a symbolic company tax in Jersey.

So for legal and tax reasons, I would really appreciate it, if you guys would refer to me as Fargin LLC.
            how many people do you employ full time?

Comment

What gets you out of bed in a morning - I always thought it was the mortgage but how wrong can you be

Basically there are two types of people those who work and those who don't give a *uck and are prepared for everyone else to pay for them

You could give everyone £1m in the UK when they turned 18 - some would snort it up their nose - some would do some good with it - no matter what you do not everyone would use it to enrich themselves or others - it would solve nothing

Comment

Working...
              X