Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 United States Election Thread

2018 United States Election Thread

It's 2018. It's about goddamn time to have a dedicated 2018 United States Election thread for all things 2018 United States Election. Was motivated in the sense of not cluttering Political Discussion with dozens of threads. Post and discuss anything pertinent to the highly significant 2018 elections which include:
    • Senate - 33 Senate seats up for election and a special one in addition due to Franken's groping
    • House of Representatives - 435 (all of them) up for election
    • Gubernatorial - 39 governorships up for election
    • And a boatload of state legislative chamber elections
    Please keep it somewhat civil, the name calling artful, no posting of shirtless/leathered youtube political commentators, no election hacking and/or being in the employ of Russians. Or you can all do what you want as you tend to do anyways.

Also, please enjoy this poll
    Democrats win Senate majority
    9.52%
    Republicans win Senate majority
    4.76%
    No changes in Senate
    4.76%
    Democrats win House majority
    9.52%
    Republicans win House majority
    9.52%
    No changes in House
    0%
    Democrats gain Governors
    9.52%
    Republicans gain Governors
    4.76%
    No changes in Democrat/Republican governorships
    0%
    I don't know and I should be sleeping and not commenting on US politics
    47.62%

Issa becomes second California Republican to announce retirement as Democrats look to reclaim House

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista) will not run for a 10th term in Congress, he announced Wednesday morning, becoming the second California Republican to retire this week as Democrats strive to retake control of the U.S. House.

On Monday, Republican Rep. Ed Royce of Fullerton also announced he would not seek reelection.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...110-story.html

Issa and Royce join some 30 other House Republicans in not seeking re-election.

Comment

Arpaio slams Flake as he presses forward with Senate bid
      Former Maricopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio dismissed criticism from GOP Sen. Jeff Flake on Wednesday morning, telling Fox News that “at least I got the guts to face” voters in this year’s midterm elections.

Arpaio, whose hard-line stance against illegal immigration made him a controversial figure nationwide, announced Tuesday that he would run for the Senate seat being vacated by Flake, who announced last year that he would not seek reelection.
      https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...f-flake-333150

Thank you President Trump for releasing Arpaio back into the community to sow chaos with his Senate dreams. You make us Arizonans proud.

Comment

Some updates from states with the word North in their names.

Court throws out NC congressional map again

A panel of three federal judges on Tuesday ordered the state to redraw its congressional map again, forbidding North Carolina from holding this year's scheduled U.S. House elections until it does.

In doing so, the court ruled that Republican state legislators, seeking to address a racial gerrymander the court struck down in a previous map, put too much partisan intent into their redraw, drawing the lines to guarantee Republican victories in U.S. House races despite North Carolina's more purple political hue.
        http://www.wral.com/court-throws-out...gain/17245449/

GOP's Cramer won't run for ND Senate seat
        Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) announced on Thursday that he won’t run against Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) in 2018, dealing a blow to GOP hopes to take the seat...

...North Dakota is considered a key GOP target in 2018, after Trump won the state by nearly 40 percentage points in 2016.
        http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-for-nd-senate

Comment

Chelsea Manning files to run for U.S. Senate in Maryland

Chelsea Manning, the transgender former Army private who was convicted of passing sensitive government documents to Wikileaks, has filed to run for the U.S. Senate in Maryland, according to federal election filings.

Manning, who did not immediately respond to a request for comment, would be challenging Ben Cardin, who has served two terms in the Senate. He was first elected in 2007.
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...54d_story.html

Maryland voters, just say no to Chelsea.

Your potential future senator J.Noah ה to balance my Arpaio. What a shit show.

Comment

I voted for the sleeping option. Seemed to be the most dream like

Comment

It's also the safest option. Plus, we are all a little sleep deprived I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil Child View Post
                It's also the safest option. Plus, we are all a little sleep deprived I believe.
                Yeah, especially me.

Everytime I log onto this site the ad that pops up says "Canada is doomed."

I presume Stormz is in charge of the ads around here

Comment

Democrats trying to lose the mid-terms.

Comment

There will probably changes, at least that would not surprise me.

But considering how unstable the political climate currently is in the US... Well, "unstable" may not be the most appropriate term.

Anyway, there seem to be a lot of "nutjobs" running for the Dems. But I suppose as many nutjobs are also running for the Reps.

Comment

Trumps style won't promote the interest in politics. Who want's to join this mess? Freaks like Arpaio and Manning.

I am not even sure Reps want to keep the house majority with this president. Loosing it will be more comfortable since he can't blame them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mackie View Post
                        Trumps style won't promote the interest in politics. Who want's to join this mess? Freaks like Arpaio and Manning.

I am not even sure Reps want to keep the house majority with this president. Loosing it will be more comfortable since he can't blame them anymore.
                        Yes, surrender and defeat are always great ways to promote an agenda and ideas. I voted I don't know. I will defer to the foreign experts to enlighten me some more.
                        Last edited by riderboy; 14-01-2018, 07:07 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.

Comment

Working...
                          X