Catherine Deneuve denounces #Metoo in open letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to show how far this can go.

Wolf whistling to become a hate crime: Nottinghamshire Police cracks down on misogyny

A police force has become the first in Britain to recognise misogyny as a hate crime, in an effort to make the county a safer place for women.
    Nottinghamshire Police is recording incidents such as wolf whistling, street harassment, verbal abuse and taking photographs without consent within the hate crime definition.

"Unwanted physical or verbal contact or engagement is defined as exactly that and so can cover wolf-whistling and other similar types of contact. "If the victim feels that this has happened because they are a woman then we will record it as a hate crime. This doesn’t necessarily mean that a criminal offence has been committed, but means we will carry out risk assessments and offer support as we would to any victim of a hate crime.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...d-misogyny-as/

Comment

This is outright offensive, banning harassment, what's next assault?

Comment

Originally posted by Fargin View Post
        This is outright offensive, banning harassment, what's next assault?
        Next men looking for love will have to wear an armband marking them as the filthy rapist they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
          Beyond ridiculous. Whistling at women is lewd and immature but now a hate crime?

In the meantime, I am waiting for hardcore feminists to denounce the treatment of women in certain areas of Paris, London and anywhere where large groups of immigrants from certain population don't even allow them to get into bars, call them ''whores'' for smoking etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

Beyond ridiculous. Whistling at women is lewd and immature but now a hate crime?

In the meantime, I am waiting for hardcore feminists to denounce the treatment of women in certain areas of Paris, London and anywhere where large groups of immigrants from certain population don't even allow them to get into bars, call them ''whores'' for smoking etc.
            Don't hold your breath...

Comment

The thing is, that the person that is leading the charge is C. de Haas was raped 16 years ago so she probably hate men.

Comment

I am, now, wondering if I would go back in the game. I think it is not worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitogno View Post
                  I am, now, wondering if I would go back in the game. I think it is not worth the risk.
                  Yup.... precisely.

Considering the amount of false harassment/rape accusations... not really worth it.

Comment

Funny
                    Funny because a lot of you guys (not you Jake) have already stated in numerous threads and posts that when it is done by Muhamad too often, it should be punished somehow
                    And when comes the legal text (that has to be balanced because it's a legal text and so cannot sort people by ethnical origin), now it is ridiculous ?
                    You can't have both
                    If harassement of women (and constant whistling by a frange of the male population IS harassement) has to be punished, legal texts have to be written
                    And if you want a harsh punishment, the felony should enters under a harsh label
                    I'd rather see such kind of behaviour (whitling/name calling/gropping) punished under the hate crime level than under the jaywalking level of fines/punishment
                    Now, idealy, there shouldn't be such kind of law in an ideal world but it's not an ideal world we are living in
                    The second point that can raise question too is how will be implemented the aforementioned text. We hvae an habit of emitting legal texts without ways to enforce them
                    So it may very well end up (again) as a feel good move that serves nothing

Comment

Just for the sake of personal story (about the subject) i remember very well during my military service that whistling a woman in the streets when under uniform was a no no
                      In one situation in particular (health military school of Dinan) we were marching (relaxed and loosely but still under the supervision of a NCO) between the two parts of the barracks separated by a part of the city. One of us whistled a cute girl. He was disintigrated on the spot by the Sarge for that. On the spot and later in the barracks.
                      Whistling is showing lack of respect and lack of respect should be punished, why not ? Because without any punishment, it's too late for a part of the population to be re-educated again about what is respect and what is lack of

Comment

Originally posted by Mordoror View Post
                        Funny
                        Funny because a lot of you guys (not you Jake) have already stated in numerous threads and posts that when it is done by Muhamad too often, it should be punished somehow
                        And when comes the legal text (that has to be balanced because it's a legal text and so cannot sort people by ethnical origin), now it is ridiculous ?
                        You can't have both
                        If harassement of women (and constant whistling by a frange of the male population IS harassement) has to be punished, legal texts have to be written
                        And if you want a harsh punishment, the felony should enters under a harsh label
                        I'd rather see such kind of behaviour (whitling/name calling/gropping) punished under the hate crime level than under the jaywalking level of fines/punishment
                        Now, idealy, there shouldn't be such kind of law in an ideal world but it's not an ideal world we are living in
                        The second point that can raise question too is how will be implemented the aforementioned text. We hvae an habit of emitting legal texts without ways to enforce them
                        You got a point. And for whistling I agree with you but in the paper it also said unwanted verbal contact and taking photographs without consent. So tell me, will you hit on a girl if you know you risk being sued for hate crime if there is a misunderstanding. When you take a photo will you ask every woman on the photo if she agrees to be on the photo. I am fine living alone so I won't risk it and when I did photo I was into architecture. I am sad that we are going from one extend to another.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordoror View Post

Funny
                          You can't have both
                          The double standard shouldn't apply of course, and now that we are naming them (Muhammad) I also have countless stories or personal anecdotes from ''good, white Catholic'' idiots whistling or harassing women on the street. Its a group kind of situation, there are a number of guys making lewd comments at women and whether they are Muslims or not I don't care.

The fact is that there are quite a number of now ''men only'' bars in the beautiful area called Seine Saint Denis . No women want to even get there anymore beside quickly buying cigarettes. Its not all of Paris, its not EVERY muslim, but still, this is going a bit backward after the cultural, and sexual revolution of the 1960s.

Also some districts of Paris, hence Porte de la Chapelle where women are routinely mocked when not outright insulted by men.

Again, the same could happen in New York or somewhere else. A woman wearing ''sexy'' will no doubt face the drooling look of men. White, Latinos, Black, Arabs, men in group will be men and can be a sleazy, disrespectful bunch.

Although I have never been there, Moscow and most of eastern Europe, women seem to have this freedom to wear that way without being called names, Ive been told enough some globetrekkers.

How to implement all this? This is a good question and topic for some really smart people to work with. Where does gentle ''hitting on'' ends and where does ''harassment'' start? This is a grey area, hate crime does seem a bit much for the UK for a mere whistling, their country and their rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitogno View Post

You got a point. And for whistling I agree with you but in the paper it also said unwanted verbal contact and taking photographs without consent. So tell me, will you hit on a girl if you know you risk being sued for hate crime if there is a misunderstanding. When you take a photo will you ask every woman on the photo if she agrees to be on the photo. I am fine living alone so I won't risk it and when I did photo I was into architecture. I am sad that we are going from one extend to another.
                            Whistling is one thing that appears obvious (and was previously shunned upon, see my post above and now is praised in some areas) so for me there is no discussion about what it means nowadays
                            Photos ? there is already a lot of jurisprudence on that (while still blurry). Normally you have to ask the authorization of anybody that would be on your photo except if the photo is a panorama of an iconic place or public area and there is no focus on a given person. That too doesnt' ask any question

I agree that the bordeline thing is unwanted talk. By essence to talk to a woman/girl, you have to engage yourself into a (firstly) unwanted talk. But the thing is to set the limit. Unwanted talk should be stopped by a single "no""i don't want to talk with you". And it is often the case (with any kind of escape routine like "i have already a BF", "sorry i am in hurry", "lalala i don't hear your" ) If you stop here, there is no point to have the whole legal wrapp around this. Issues arise when the unwanted talk spirals into an harassing talk "wesh wesh, mamzelle t'es bonne" "pourquoi tu réponds pas" "salope" .....
                            To me there is no risk of misunderstanding here. You talk and if asked to stop, you stop. If you stop, the risk of being sued is close to 0 (except with some weirdo girls but then ask yourself what you are chasing after ) If you carry on like a douche, you deserve a legal slap (or a litteral physical one for what it matters)

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                              That's been a thing here for some time too. It's pretty much exclusive to the urban centers where young male non-religous knife-wielders are the majority, the no-go areas that according to politicians do not exist. Better to try and limit that now before it deteriorates to the sh*tholes that these barbarians came from where it's normal to rape anyone not in compliance with sharia law, throw acid in their faces etc. In my personal experience I've never seen young white males hissing or doing particular types of whistling towards girls or women. Take in loads of uneducated people that are barely literate enough to read the one book they want to know in their lives and don't be surprised if the whole of society has to suffer to limit the effects of this brain-dead idea of multi-culturalism being a viable thing.

Comment

The double standard shouldn't apply of course, and now that we are naming them (Muhammad) I also have countless stories or personal anecdotes from ''good, white Catholic'' idiots whistling or harassing women on the street. Its a group kind of situation, there are a number of guys making lewd comments at women and whether they are Muslims or not I don't care.

The fact is that there are quite a number of now ''men only'' bars in the beautiful area called Seine Saint Denis . No women want to even get there anymore beside quickly buying cigarettes. Its not all of Paris, its not EVERY muslim, but still, this is going a bit backward after the cultural, and sexual revolution of the 1960s.

Also some districts of Paris, hence Porte de la Chapelle where women are routinely mocked when not outright insulted by men.

Again, the same could happen in New York or somewhere else. A woman wearing ''sexy'' will no doubt face the drooling look of men. White, Latinos, Black, Arabs, men in group will be men and can be a sleazy, disrespectful bunch.

Although I have never been there, Moscow and most of eastern Europe, women seem to have this freedom to wear that way without being called names, Ive been told enough some globetrekkers.

How to implement all this? This is a good question and topic for some really smart people to work with. Where does gentle ''hitting on'' ends and where does ''harassment'' start? This is a grey area, hate crime does seem a bit much for the UK for a mere whistling, their country and their rules.
                                You are spot on
                                It has become a global trend with admittely some "cultures" or "minorities" more involved into it than others
                                Some say it's a thing of the south culture (machismo etc)
                                I dunno, i don't care.
                                I don't want my GF or maybe future kid or friends's female teen childs or even random woman to be whistled by some random idiot every single day that God makes
                                That all comes back to education during childhood.
                                And as i said, it's too late for a lot of "valuable members of our society" (/sarcasm)
                                Alas, what remains is punishment. To each country his rule....

Comment

Working...
                                X