Catherine Deneuve denounces #Metoo in open letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catherine Deneuve denounces #Metoo in open letter

This is a courageous move from Catherine Deneuve, this #Metoo movement is starting to look more like a witch hunt. Yes, Weinstein is a pig, but to depict all men who ''hit on'' women in an attempt to seduce them as reckless macho is irritating.

The problem I have with Catherine Deneuve is her still unconditional support to Polanski as mentioned in the last paragraph of the article...

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/10/eu...ntl/index.html

Paris (CNN)A collective of 100 French women including film star Catherine Deneuve have signed an open letter defending men's "freedom to pester" women, sparking an angry response from a group of feminist activists.

The open letter, which criticized the #MeToo movement and warned about a new "puritanism" sparked by recent sexual harassment allegations, was published Tuesday in French newspaper Le Monde.
    The group of writers, performers, academics and businesswomen denounced a "hatred of men and sexuality" and the recent wave of "denunciations." Men's "freedom to pester" is "indispensable to sexual freedom," they wrote."Rape is a crime, but insistent or clumsy flirting is not an offense, nor is gallantry macho aggression."

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
    The problem I have with Catherine Deneuve is her still unconditional support to Polanski as mentioned in the last paragraph of the article...
    Personally I usually don't care about the private lives of people behind a work - whether it's art, literature or anything else.
    If something is worthwhile reading, watching or buying then it is so whether it's author or participant is a big scumbag or not. Those are most of the time separate issues IMO.
    The whole boycott things because person X worked on it is part of the witch hunt IMO. At the end of the day it's up to a judge to pass judgment and find appropriate punishment, not for the angry mob.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaito View Post

Personally I usually don't care about the private lives of people behind a work - whether it's art, literature or anything else.
      If something is worthwhile reading, watching or buying then it is so whether it's author or participant is a big scumbag or not. Those are most of the time separate issues IMO.
      The whole boycott things because person X worked on it is part of the witch hunt IMO. At the end of the day it's up to a judge to pass judgment and find appropriate punishment, not for the angry mob.
      I agree, it was mentioned but overall this is irrelevant to the topic at hands. Which is #MeToo, the witch hunt against (many) men. Not about the Polanski case.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
        [COLOR=#262626][FONT=CNN][SIZE=15px] This is a courageous move from Catherine Deneuve, this #Metoo movement is starting to look more like a witch hunt. Yes, Weinstein is a pig, but to depict all men who ''hit on'' women in an attempt to seduce them as reckless macho is irritating.
        fully agree

such stupid approach leads stright to this

the future is near

Comment

Well, she is already taking flak for her comments.

She is womaning wrong.

Comment

Swedish pop songwriter/producer and liberal activist Alexander Bard (Army of Lovers, Bodies Without Organs etc) voiced the exact same things just a little while ago, and he was made pariah by the coolio community shortly thereafter, even shunned by the TED talks crew (he was originally scheduled to lecture about this and that at a Belgium TED convention, but nope, not after those remarks)

Comment

I was sexually assaulted yesterday

I was just sitting there in the breki Jeep thinking about booze and cigarettes and when is an appropriate time for Europeans to go to bed when a woman hugged me

#MeToo

Comment

Originally posted by breki View Post

I was just sitting there in the breki Jeep thinking about booze and cigarettes and when is an appropriate time for Europeans to go to bed when a woman hugged me

#MeToo
                Did you get good head off the bottle?

Comment

I think it’s unfortunate they chose the pound sign as their prefix. Pound me too? Sounds bad. breki, we are not just pieces of meat bro, I feel your pain.

Comment

Yeah, pound me too sounds wrong considering the message they are trying to deliver

Comment

Good on her. The backlash only goes to show how massive MT's double standards are. Their refusal to debate, their fighting words, their indulgence in self-contradictions; just like BLM, this "movement" is not a response to an actual issue but a means of using the issue in order to win interpretational sovereignty.

If a dude being a dick while trying to flirt commits sexual assault, how come a woman who uninvitedly touches a dude she flirts with does not? Now, Ashley Judd publicly denounced this question with a tirade on "patriarchy" and male dominance rendering a man incapable of being the victim. What's that supposed to mean, though? Women are equal except when they're not? If men and women are equal shouldn't they be held to the same standards?

This "demographic rallying", this pigeonholing which sunk its claws into the West does not mend social problems, it merely plays both ends against the middle thus prolongs the issue.

Comment

#MeToo
                        The thing you're supposed to do in this situation is recoil in horror and run away screeching IT IS DIRTY, IT DOES NOT TOUCH HIM, IT IS DIRTY, IT DOES NOT TOUCH HIM

Comment

Deneuve is currently taking flack from a group led by C. de Haas a woman that minimised 31/12/2015 Cologne and Hamburg massive sexual assaults.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitogno View Post
                            Deneuve is currently taking flack from a group led by C. de Haas a woman that minimised 31/12/2015 Cologne and Hamburg massive sexual assaults.
                            Never disagree with the pre approved narrative.

Comment

#MeToo
                              Hugs by paid hookers don't count as sexual assault, you know ?

Comment

Working...
                              X