How every Genocide begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fargin View Post
    I always thought the current political climate might offer a curios window into that happened in the 1930s Germany.
    This assumption, incorrect as it is, only serves to stoke up the fires of discord. The end of the Weimar Republic or comparable events all over Europe (such as the often-ignored self-elimination of democracy in Austria) could only happen in that very period, against the backdrop of an age of radical revolution, the rise of Communism and a perception of revanchism as a matter of life and death.

In less than the average man's life-span, Central Europe had been transformed from a largely agricultural, feudally-shaped crocodile which had looked to princes and the pope for guidance into a highly industrialized dragonfly of crumbling values and convictions.

Men who had grown up living the same lives and basically holding the same beliefs as their ancestors centuries before saw the pillars of their world come down and were suddenly confronted with a new one that was already dreaming of tearing down every border in mankind's way. Add to that the many disappointments this new world seemingly had to offer, like the Great Depression or the onslaught of an ideology which held everyone not destitute should give up their possessions, I daresay it's not surprising large chunks of Europe supported fascism as the lesser evil.

Do I sound as though I'd be blaming Fascism's rise on Communism? I do 'cause I am. "Guilt" is a term without a place in history, it explains nothing. Action and reaction, however, do.
    Look to Switzerland. During the Thirties, with a third of the people in favor of their Nazi party, that country had stood on the brink of going brown. Then, however, their left did what all big leftist parties should've done: Publicly they renounced all intentions of creating the "dictatorship of the proletariat" in Switzerland and joined forces with the democrats in a bid to preserve Switzerland's liberty, and preserve liberty they did; gone was the threat, the Nazis's warnings were in vain, the nation didn't "need" them anymore

The moral to the story: If you believe Donald Trump to be a threat, stop proving him right in the eyes of his fans. Anyone who can't be arsed to do that – who can't be arsed to wait four measly years until lobbying for third gender toilets again – isn't really interested in a goal but just in jerking-off their own ego.

Comment

We are living in borrowed economic stagnation.
      Never before seen in history low interest rates for such a prolonged time has been an anaesthetic but it created more inequality.

The bottom are less likely able to move up than they ever were in modern history..setting the stage for them to behave coercively.

As Obama said to wall street his deal to buy their companies at low price was the only thing saving them from the pitchforks.

Inequality will be the biggest problem in politics.

They can't withdraw the low interest rates because the economies will fail. They also can't continue with low growth because the debt will also kill them.
      Last edited by primer; 06-12-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post

This assumption, incorrect as it is, only serves to stoke up the fires of discord. The end of the Weimar Republic or comparable events all over Europe (such as the often-ignored self-elimination of democracy in Austria) could only happen in that very period, against the backdrop of an age of radical revolution, the rise of Communism and a perception of revanchism as a matter of life and death.

In less than the average man's life-span, Central Europe had been transformed from a largely agricultural, feudally-shaped crocodile which had looked to princes and the pope for guidance into a highly industrialized dragonfly of crumbling values and convictions.

Men who had grown up living the same lives and basically holding the same beliefs as their ancestors centuries before saw the pillars of their world come down and were suddenly confronted with a new one that was already dreaming of tearing down every border in mankind's way. Add to that the many disappointments this new world seemingly had to offer, like the Great Depression or the onslaught of an ideology which held everyone not destitute should give up their possessions, I daresay it's not surprising large chunks of Europe supported fascism as the lesser evil.

Do I sound as though I'd be blaming Fascism's rise on Communism? I do 'cause I am. "Guilt" is a term without a place in history, it explains nothing. Action and reaction, however, do.
        Look to Switzerland. During the Thirties, with a third of the people in favor of their Nazi party, that country had stood on the brink of going brown. Then, however, their left did what all big leftist parties should've done: Publicly they renounced all intentions of creating the "dictatorship of the proletariat" in Switzerland and joined forces with the democrats in a bid to preserve Switzerland's liberty, and preserve liberty they did; gone was the threat, the Nazis's warnings were in vain, the nation didn't "need" them anymore

The moral to the story: If you believe Donald Trump to be a threat, stop proving him right in the eyes of his fans. Anyone who can't be arsed to do that – who can't be arsed to wait four measly years until lobbying for third gender toilets again – isn't really interested in a goal but just in jerking-off their own ego.
        A better, and more thought out response than this subject deserves in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by primer View Post
          Holocaust guilt is real.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_collective_guilt

Non enforced ghettos are real
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

At a western restaurant Jewish religion requires separate cooking pots, plates and their own religious food. Similar to halal beliefs.

As above we don't have to travel back through time to discover Jewish nepotistic business practice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwerp_diamond_district

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...Jews_in_Vienna

Mirrors the Normans invitation.

Keep making "them jews was asking for it" posts and you won't be here much longer.

Comment

The article is preaching hate using deliberately baiting and deceitful wording and the hypocrisy clearly flags its leftist agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by budgie View Post

Not necessarily. Hundreds of years of discriminating against blacks and decades of mounting distrust of Hispanic immigrants. Yes it takes time.
              So you can show us all how Trump makes the U. S. Armed Forces take a personal oath to obey him like the Fuhrer did?

Because frankly now you are becoming known as a bullshit artiste and hysteric

Comment

Well it doesn't mean trump is going to start it tomorrow. It may take decades or may never happen. It may take some massive economic crisis to kick it off or not. The point is it is already a step down that road, and makes it easier to slide further one day.The new revival of ethnic hate in politics will outlive Trump's presidency that's for sure.

I'm not usually a fan of slippery slope arguments because they often veer into fantasy. But genocide is a path well trodden by humanity - we've seen it all before.
                This is total horseshit

I get it you despise trump I didn't vote for him either and never will

good for you bless your little heart and it's your right, but at least try rational reasons to hate him

Just as it is my right to laugh AT You and your pathetically impotent attempts to make trump into hitler

Comment

Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
                  This is total horseshit

I get it you despise trump I didn't vote for him either and never will

good for you bless your little heart and it's your right, but at least try rational reasons to hate him

Just as it is my right to laugh AT You and your pathetically impotent attempts to make trump into hitler

Trump is only the harbinger. As I said in the post you quoted it will likely outlive his presidency. Or whatever it is he thinks he's doing. But the floodgates have been opened a crack and it can lead to greater persecution of minorities in future if not kept in check. Any idiot can see that.

Comment

Trump is only the harbinger. As I said in the post you quoted it will likely outlive his presidency. Or whatever it is he thinks he's doing. But the floodgates have been opened a crack and it can lead to greater persecution of minorities in future if not kept in check. Any idiot can see that.
                    You know opening the floodgates is what keeps a dam from breaking.
                    Nor does the other side show any intention of reducing the amount of water poured into the dam reservoir.

Comment

The fiction in your mind is amazingly fictional. Do you ever think for yourself? Are you addicted to whatever fattens your own biases? You seem to be exactly what you rage against.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertKLR View Post

The fiction in your mind is amazingly fictional. Do you ever think for yourself? Are you addicted to whatever fattens your own biases? You seem to be exactly what you rage against.
                        Ironic, isn't it?

Comment

Budgie if you grew up in the US you would realize how racially obsessed that country is. Everything from job application, high school paperworks to SAT's will have you marking shit about your race. They have been racist since their nation was created... if they havent gassed the Japs in WW2, the Chinese an Filipinos before or even the blacks. They aint gassing anybody anytime soon.

Americans are more into bombing brown people in distant lands, that's their "thing"
                          Genocide is more of a Euro thing and frankly speaking, the Americans tend not follow Euro trends.

Now step back on the key board, bring a trump poster in your bath room and rage fap the hate out of your system.

Comment

Again Total crock, by your logic I could say the same for NZ or even Sweden. There is not going to be any Genocide of Hispanics in America, nor of Blacks

Comment

Originally posted by Junglejim View Post
                              Budgie if you grew up in the US you would realize how racially obsessed that country is. Everything from job application, high school paperworks to SAT's will have you marking shit about your race. They have been racist since their nation was created... if they havent gassed the Japs in WW2, the Chinese an Filipinos before or even the blacks. They aint gassing anybody anytime soon.

Americans are more into bombing brown people in distant lands, that's their "thing"
                              Genocide is more of a Euro thing and frankly speaking, the Americans tend not follow Euro trends.

Now step back on the key board, bring a trump poster in your bath room and rage fap the hate out of your system.
                              The Irony....

Comment

Nothing Ironic, it's what the US called the Japanese in WW2, kinda like Flips, chinks... etc. Were you "triggered?" hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X