Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's anti-Muslim retweets prompt backlash in Washington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Euroamerican View Post
    Well, HIllary would be blaming all the atrocities on a poorly done Christian preacher's video in the USA or maybe on the Confederate statues that were erected 50 years ago.

    But I really wish Mr Trump would lose his tweeting ability. It's just too much of a constant shit-stir and does damage to a consistent message being put out by the normal Administration spokespeople's announcements.
    That's true and again, point is importance of context and habit of the said "tweeter/poster"
    Hillary would do probably that and nobody would even wonder what it would means. It would be crystal clear for every body
    So why some are questioning the choice of videos of POTUS ?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mordoror View Post
      Would you say that Marine Lepen retweeting such kind of tweets would be .... for the sake of praising muslim communities
      Why should LePen seek to praise Muslim communities? Hell, not only would I have no problem with LePen retweeting videos like this, I’d have no problem with her going a step further and explicitly stating the fact, that this type of craziness is happening in Muslim communities at a systemic level and needs to stop. As others have pointed out, there is nothing wrong with pointing out an obvious observable fact, polical correctness be damned. Trump chickened out, it seems to me, and STILL got blamed.

      Also, lol at Godwin. Please note it doesn’t actually help validate your Godwin point by saying “incoming Godwin point.” Congratulations, we can officially declare that this example of the daily faux outrage over all-things-Trump has officially been established as being absurd too.

      Comment


      • the origin of that article.....Texas State University...is not a shining example of state universities with a low acceptance rate for students....i.e. they are not very discriminating as to the GPA and awards etc of students coming there etc.

        http://www.acceptancerate.com/texas

        you will notice on the above site they are rated at 75.1% accepted. my alma mater Texas Tech U is 66.3 % some better and the top university in Texas is Rice University where all the brains go at 16.7% rate. If you get into Rice you are damned good.

        one of the better large universities is University of Texas at Austin...which is at 40.2%

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
          Why should LePen seek to praise Muslim communities? Hell, not only would I have no problem with LePen retweeting videos like this, I’d have no problem with her going a step further and explicitly stating the fact, that this type of craziness is happening in Muslim communities at a systemic level and needs to stop. As others have pointed out, there is nothing wrong with pointing out an obvious observable fact, polical correctness be damned. Trump chickened out, it seems to me, and STILL got blamed.

          Also, lol at Godwin. Please note it doesn’t actually help validate your Godwin point by saying “incoming Godwin point.” Congratulations, we can officially declare that this example of the daily faux outrage over all-things-Trump has officially been established as being absurd too.
          You missed the point again
          From the beginning you are stating that without comments the retweets might not mean what they are intended to mean
          Like in the MLP example, those retweets are explicit without having to state any fact but still you denies it for posts on posts

          The denial in your corner of the wood is mindboggling

          Trump is tweeting things randomly without any purpose or idea behind the head ?
          Well, no. If you think that, you are gullible

          BTW he got blamed for what by who ?
          Your media is calling on for racism
          On our side, he is blamed and rightly so for retweeting - documents sourced from a less than appropriate source and origin (Britain First)
          - documents that were removed from the net by justice for protection of the victim
          - documents which meaning was hijacked and falsified for political reasons by our AltRight-Fachosphere
          And once called on that he managed to get into arguments with UK PM and NL justice authorities.

          That's all that we are pointing. You medias are focusing on the "ZOMG Racism" !! Well, it's your problem. But it's also a problem that POTUS is just acting (again) as a far right troll on tweeter

          Comment


          • Personnally, I don´t want to make an assumption on this tweet on if Trump is racist or not.

            The question is´nt even if Trump should tweet or not.

            The question is what he tweets: this is a very controversial source tweeting videos that could or could not be legit. As president of the USA, he should exerce on himself some restraint on what and how he communicates. He is not doing that: if he did, he would have either not re-tweeted, or put a comment. He´s reckless and should know better. This is like throwing some meat in the tiger cage for the enjoyment of the public, funny but not very presidential...you can find countless political activists on all sides to push these buttons.

            Oh, and the tweet where he comes back at Theresa May because she dared to criticize his tweet, well that is Incompetence with a big "I".

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Telmar View Post
              Personnally, I don´t want to make an assumption on this tweet on if Trump is racist or not.

              The question is´nt even if Trump should tweet or not.

              The question is what he tweets: this is a very controversial source tweeting videos that could or could not be legit. As president of the USA, he should exerce on himself some restraint on what and how he communicates. He is not doing that: if he did, he would have either not re-tweeted, or put a comment. He´s reckless and should know better. This is like throwing some meat in the tiger cage for the enjoyment of the public, funny but not very presidential...you can find countless political activists on all sides to push these buttons.

              Oh, and the tweet where he comes back at Theresa May because she dared to criticize his tweet, well that is Incompetence with a big "I".
              Bingo
              Is Trump racist or not ? Sure a tweet cannot say it
              Was there a political purpose of retweeting heavily tainted tweets however ? Certainly
              Was it a very poor choice, especially given the original source and how the events were distorded by said source ? Yes again

              Had it been on a net board, this behaviour (throwing without comment a single liner controversial post with a fishy video linked) would have deserved a label of trolling.
              Furthermore with the argument he entered in with T.May and NL justice Minister just afterward
              We have/had members here that were/are known to do exactly that and everybody knows that they are trolling

              But , can we can expect something else from a president than trolling, especially from US POTUS ?. Is it asking too much ? He is not the president of Madagascar or Zimbabwe or NK FFS

              Comment


              • Originally posted by riderboy View Post

                This country is better than what we've had to endure at the hands of "professional" politicians the last 17 years... a sense, personified by Hillary Clinton, that the ruling class is a bunch of out of touch liars who only care about themselves and their power. I mean seriously, how angry do voters have to be to elect a guy like Trump?

                So in your opinion 17 years ago the professional politicians were completely different from a "bunch of out of touch liars who only care about themselves and their power". Wait a minute, I thought the Clinton era ended about... 17 years ago.




                Originally posted by riderboy View Post
                17 trillion in Federal debt...

                Yeah, Trump's new tax plan s-s-sure is gonna fix that. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain




                Originally posted by riderboy View Post
                I mean seriously, how angry do voters have to be to elect a guy like Trump?

                That's not answer to my question. The Fake-right proclaim itself as alternative, but in reality it offers no alternative a tall. It offers nothing but class warfare anger waged by bearded Far-right and
                Left-wing radicals who decided to "start a Revolution". Here in Europe we already have walked this path before and it didn't end well.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nemipuka View Post


                  So in your opinion 17 years ago the professional politicians were completely different from a "bunch of out of touch liars who only care about themselves and their power". Wait a minute, I thought the Clinton era ended about... 17 years ago.







                  Yeah, Trump's new tax plan s-s-sure is gonna fix that. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain







                  That's not answer to my question. The Fake-right proclaim itself as alternative, but in reality it offers no alternative a tall. It offers nothing but class warfare anger waged by bearded Far-right and
                  Left-wing radicals who decided to "start a Revolution". Here in Europe we already have walked this path before and it didn't end well.
                  Fascinating.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Telmar View Post
                    Personnally, I don´t want to make an assumption on this tweet on if Trump is racist or not.

                    The question is´nt even if Trump should tweet or not.

                    The question is what he tweets: this is a very controversial source tweeting videos that could or could not be legit. As president of the USA, he should exerce on himself some restraint on what and how he communicates. He is not doing that: if he did, he would have either not re-tweeted, or put a comment. He´s reckless and should know better. This is like throwing some meat in the tiger cage for the enjoyment of the public, funny but not very presidential...you can find countless political activists on all sides to push these buttons.

                    Oh, and the tweet where he comes back at Theresa May because she dared to criticize his tweet, well that is Incompetence with a big "I".


                    well this post has changed my views completely now......I am no longer pro Trump and now wish Hillary had been elected. / said no one ever /

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by commanding View Post



                      well this post has changed my views completely now......I am no longer pro Trump and now wish Hillary had been elected. / said no one ever /
                      That was´nt the objective of my post and you are anyways a hard man to convince.

                      But you can support Trump without thinking that everything little thing he does is awesome.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Telmar View Post
                        But you can support Trump without thinking that everything little thing he does is awesome.
                        That's not how a cult of personality works.

                        Comment


                        • Politics is a team sport, you might find a few people voting for Hillary, who felt a little dirty afterwards too.

                          Comment


                          • Nope, not Shaolin Monks....

                            https://clarionproject.org/north-car...mam-kill-jews/

                            An imam in the Raleigh, North Carolina area invoked a well-known hadith (a saying of Islam’s prophet Mohammed) about killing Jews in his sermon on Friday, December 8, 2017. The remarks, delivered by U.S.-based Syrian Imam Abdullah Khadra became known through the Middle East Media Research Institute, which posted the taped sermon.

                            Abdullah Khadra, an imam in the U.S. from Syria, preached, “The Prophet gave us the glad tidings that at the End of Time, we will fight those Jews until the rocks and the trees will speak: ‘Oh Muslim, this is a Jew behind me’.” The hadith continues to say, “come and kill him.”

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X