Day against homophobia and transphobia... How communities differ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
    We might disagree on the male homosex, but one thing I think we can all agree on is that ladies who insist they're lesbians just haven't kissed the right frog. Nomsaying?
    That you have a propensity for turning ladies gay?

Comment

muck, I read it all. We can argue how liberty is being abused but for the love of all that is holy let us not forget the standard of living, the quality of life, the technology and democracy is a million times better now than 1650 or something. I do not want to live in a Mali on the Rhine thank you very much.

My family would have been commoner "scum" in those days instead of succesful people. Because they neither belonged to nobility nor guilds.
      Originally posted by commanding View Post

is there a list or it this a joke?

Alan Turing, contributed greatly to defeating the Nazis on the intelligence field. Punished for being gay and humiliated the rest of his life. The people who tried to prevent rehabilitating this man did the people he was fighting against a great

Comment

The recent stuff about Bill Nye apparently saying sex is a spectrum on his cancerous Netflix show is total brainwashing nonsense. Gender is one thing, personally I think at the end of the day you can identify as whatever you want but when it comes down to it all genders revolve around the two sexes. Biological sex however is a scientific fact that isn't up for debate. It appears though that is an effort to indoctrinate people to believe otherwise, even going as far as to censor an old episode of "the science guy" so that the part about sex chromosones has been removed which is pretty worrying.

I find watching channels by the likes of Blaire White and Theryn Meyer cuts through a lot of the Transgender bullshit. They regularly get abused by members of the so called LGBTQ+ community because their views contradict the whole 76 genders nonsense and other things (plus their conservatives, so they're obviously nazis). I recommend watching them if you're interested in the experiences of actual Transgender people and not confused kids who think their trans because a girl likes transformers and is more comfortable wearing more masculine clothes or whatever. Their videos ripping into Riley Dennis (a guy with long hair who identifies as a "trans queer lesbian who dates women") are especially hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeWolf View Post

Alan Turing, contributed greatly to defeating the Nazis on the intelligence field. Punished for being gay and humiliated the rest of his life. The people who tried to prevent rehabilitating this man did the people he was fighting against a great
          Thanks, saw the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeWolf View Post
            muck, I read it all. We can argue how liberty is being abused but for the love of all that is holy let us not forget the standard of living, the quality of life, the technology and democracy is a million times better now than 1650 or something. I do not want to live in a Mali on the Rhine thank you very much.

My family would have been commoner "scum" in those days instead of succesful people. Because they neither belonged to nobility nor guilds.
            I'm… not sure… that I follow. 'cause I don't understand what part of my post made you write this. Look, there are people like Lyn out there who believe the West will fall because of its purported moral depravity. Following that line of argument, they like to remind us of previous civilizations thought invincible at the height of their power which are now long gone. And while undoubtedly there is such a thing as late-Roman decadence, I was merely making the point that no, those civilizations were not undone by sexual deviation. Even "Second Rome" whose legacy modern-day Russia has claimed used to be a culture as sexually devious as it gets until its power shrunk and its people bethought itself of piety. Does that mean the Ottomans were able to conquer Byzantium because its people had stopped buggering boys? Of course not. There is no causation in these things.
            What we think of those bygone civilizations from a modern point of view or how we would have fared living back in the day is immaterial, by the way. They are the civilizations atop ours stands, and it would not be as high if it was not for them.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post

I'm… not sure… that I follow. 'cause I don't understand what part of my post made you write this. Look, there are people like Lyn out there who believe the West will fall because of its purported moral depravity. Following that line of argument, they like to remind us of previous civilizations thought invincible at the height of their power which are now long gone. And while undoubtedly there is such a thing as late-Roman decadence, I was merely making the point that no, those civilizations were not undone by sexual deviation. Even "Second Rome" whose legacy modern-day Russia has claimed used to be a culture as sexually devious as it gets until its power shrunk and its people bethought itself of piety. Does that mean the Ottomans were able to conquer Byzantium because its people had stopped buggering boys? Of course not. There is no causation in these things.
              What we think of those bygone civilizations from a modern point of view or how we would have fared living back in the day is immaterial, by the way. They are the civilizations atop ours stands, and it would not be as high if it was not for them.
              sorry i should have put some space between citing yiu and the rest of my reply.

Comment

Just realised that in Canada, bill C-16 has just passed:

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/...64052108488704

This means if you refuse to call someone "zee" or "zer" or whatever the Hell they insist you refer to them as, you can be criminalised for it. You can literally go to jail for hurting someone's feelings. For fuck's sake...

Comment

Originally posted by Vorph View Post

This means if you refuse to call someone "zee" or "zer" or whatever the Hell they insist you refer to them as, you can be criminalised for it. You can literally go to jail for hurting someone's feelings. For fuck's sake...
                  …and protesting against this asinine law is certainly not "transphobia". As a matter of fact, even if people who were actually "phobic" of contracting teh gay or something protested against this law by citing free speech, their argument couldn't possibly be invalidated by them being intolerant morons.

What irks me the most about laws such as these is their actual supporters are a tiny minority. I've first hand experience from the same mechanisms at play in Germany (and no reason to believe Canada could be any different). They're just winning because they've succeeded in silencing a majority. They've done so by using the reliance of the system on public approval to their utmost advantage: The proposition intends to punish "hatred" against a minority. I.e. if you strike down the law, it "implies" you don't mind hatred against a minority. And they're going to tell everyone about that.

Also, I'm kind of baffled the actual supporters don't realize how tremendous a disservice they do their cause.

Goodness me, what is that even supposed to be? Just for argument's sake, let me declare the following: I'm from a certain part of my country and the cultural nuances certainly belong to my personal identity. If someone mistook me as hailing from another part of my country --- and there are absolutely places in my country against whom the majority population is prejudiced against --- the idea I'd been "discriminated" against would never even cross my mind. Why would it?

Hate speech laws to me pose the same problem as capital punishment does. Morally, I'm not against sensible hate speech laws; I believe that if you utter something along the lines of "fags are human waste", you'd deserve punishment. However, the risk of governmental abuse and lapses of judgement is just too damn high to support legislation such as this.

Comment

On the bright side, breki can now walk into any women's bathroom / changroom etc and if anyone tries to stop me I can sue them. Money and tits. It's like having the strippers pay me.

Comment

Originally posted by breki View Post

On the bright side, breki can now walk into any women's bathroom / changroom etc and if anyone tries to stop me I can sue them. Money and tits. It's like having the strippers pay me.
                      You need to run for President.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post

Hate speech laws to me pose the same problem as capital punishment does. Morally, I'm not against sensible hate speech laws; I believe that if you utter something along the lines of "fags are human waste", you'd deserve punishment. However, the risk of governmental abuse and lapses of judgement is just too damn high to support legislation such as this.[/FONT]
                        Part of the reason why the United States rocks is precisely because even yelling "fags are human waste" at the top of your lungs is protected speech. As it should be. Why is it that only insults directed at homosexuals need to be defended? Because their gayness makes their feelings extra tender and special? WTF?

Any insult offends. Calling someone a fatty probably offends them. Saying someone's face reminds you of a shriveled up potato probably offends them. Hell, calling out Donald Trump for having the hands of a toddler probably offends him too.

The only prohibition should be against speech which directly incites violence. Unfortunately (for them), too many countries are too pussified and end up creating all kinds of moronic laws to protect specific groups of special snowflakes that get their feelings offended when someone calls them names. Sorry snowflakes, your feelings are not special because you're a gay. To quote Mr. Shapiro, "Fuck your feelings."
                        Last edited by Jonathan; 19-05-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

The recent stuff about Bill Nye apparently saying sex is a spectrum on his cancerous Netflix show is total brainwashing nonsense. Gender is one thing, personally I think at the end of the day you can identify as whatever you want but when it comes down to it all genders revolve around the two sexes. Biological sex however is a scientific fact that isn't up for debate. It appears though that is an effort to indoctrinate people to believe otherwise, even going as far as to censor an old episode of "the science guy" so that the part about sex chromosones has been removed which is pretty worrying.

I find watching channels by the likes of Blaire White and Theryn Meyer cuts through a lot of the Transgender bullshit. They regularly get abused by members of the so called LGBTQ+ community because their views contradict the whole 76 genders nonsense and other things (plus their conservatives, so they're obviously nazis). I recommend watching them if you're interested in the experiences of actual Transgender people and not confused kids who think their trans because a girl likes transformers and is more comfortable wearing more masculine clothes or whatever. Their videos ripping into Riley Dennis (a guy with long hair who identifies as a "trans queer lesbian who dates women") are especially hilarious.
                          These people are nuts. WTF is a "trans queer lesbian who dates women"???? Born a man....so he is trans for dressing like a woman. SO far so good. Queer, isn't queer same as gay? So then he would like men. But then you read lesbian and it all makes sense...not. So he is a man who dresses as a woman, identifies as a woman but likes women so that's why he says he is queer. Right? So in conclusion we have a man who dates women. Hey I date women too. So maybe i'm a trans queer lesbian. Holy shit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by epictetus View Post

These people are nuts. WTF is a "trans queer lesbian who dates women"???? Born a man....so he is trans for dressing like a woman. SO far so good. Queer, isn't queer same as gay? So then he would like men. But then you read lesbian and it all makes sense...not. So he is a man who dresses as a woman, identifies as a woman but likes women so that's why he says he is queer. Right? So in conclusion we have a man who dates women. Hey I date women too. So maybe i'm a trans queer lesbian. Holy shit!!!
                            Who cares? Does how an individual choose to identify themselves really affect you at the end of the day? If it does that's on you and that is your choice to be butt-hurt. Not everything in life fits into some nice little box to address your discomfort or confusion.

Most LGBTQ folks I know don't care what you think of them(yea yea yeah, exceptions are out there I know this), they care more about protecting and advocating for protection of their civil rights. Hate away if you want, just expect push back when hate/bigotry/bias is pursued in legislation.

Comment

I really don't understand the levels of hatred some folks have against the LGBT community. No one says you have to approve or invite them over for a BBQ. But you need to respect that they are equal and have guaranteed civil rights same as everyone else.

But it's good to know such hatred is part of the losing battle. Less and less people are influenced by these nutjobs.

Comment

Going from an extreme to another, sure, when I see the ISIS thugs throwing gays off high building in Raqqa, I somehow become more gay friendly. What do you expect from ISIS however... in Western Europe or in Murica, gosh, I'm not seeing much homophobia, from the natives at least, as mentioned in the OP by OrangeWolf. Their sexuality as long as kept private (in the bedroom) and between consensual adults is none of my business, and shouldn't be anyone else either.

Interesting topic nonetheless and agree mostly with muck, that creating laws like the transgender restroom is going a tad too far. I dispise homophobia or LGBTQ phobia, like I despise xenophobia, antisemitism not because I like being PC, only because of the way these people have been treated in the past, from the middle-age to the dreaded Nazi era. I'm not that uptight and still love a good gay or dykes joke.

A good point was made above that it's a tiny minority of the LGBTQ that's pushing for these controversial laws. Most homosexuals aren't even going to be married (so same sex marriage) as the marriage is indeed a reminder of a traditional religious ceremony in which generally speaking they don't believe at all for many of them.

I'd be curious to read stats as to how many have married in the countries where it is now legal, namely The Netherlands, Spain, France and Canada to name a few. I'd bet not that many.

Comment

Working...
                                X