Day against homophobia and transphobia... How communities differ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muck
    Since my denomination does not abide by the Old Testament but the New Testament instead, why should I reject Jesus's words over an anecdotal reference to the evilness of homosexuality in the Old Testament? And did Jesus not tell Christians to give caesar what's caesars, compelling them to respect worldly laws?
    So you think the NT doesn't mention homosexuality? O'rly.

And no, churches shouldn't be compelled to marry or serve anyone. Frankly, they should be able to reject anyone for any reason whatsoever. Don't like it? Go use the services of another church or organization. People that insist on being married by a church that disapproves of their lifestyle are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by nant View Post
      Jesus Christ, lighten up.
      Can always count on the God warriors to add some doom and gloom into our day. Apparently the homosexuals and lesbians that have existed since God snapped her fingers and created the universe are now going to destroy the moral fabric of society.

I would never advocate compelling a church to marry a homosexual/lesbian/whatever couple...unless it's an Orthodox church.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
        ...Paradoxical? Hell yes. Disgusting? You may argue that while utilizing a bunch of Western civilization's most recent innovations.
        A great many innovations of which have come from those "disgusting homeosexualles"...

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

A great many innovations of which have come from those "disgusting homeosexualles"...
          is there a list or it this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by commanding View Post

is there a list or it this a joke?
            Not a joke and here is a list for you commanding.

100 Important LGBTQ Figures in History

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
              I was merely making the point here that religious people telling other religious people what to think because they believe they do religion better than the other person is fundamentally wrong. There is no "half-pregnant" when it comes to religion because the fact of pregnancy (or the abscence thereof) is not open to interpretation. Religious commandments, on the other hand, are open to interpretation --- that's why scholars without number have been doing it for so long.

I'm an agnostic, by the way. In my opinion the worth of a religious commandment is determined by its self-evident usefulness for two hypothetical people living on a desert island without ever having heard of religion or the rest of the world in general. If, for instance, a Muslim argues that not eating pork somehow makes them a better person than a moderate Muslim who loves a pork roast as much as I do, they might as well be right if they mean a person better in the eyes of their god. Believing that is their perogative. However, such a commandment should never be turned (either literally or in a metaphorical sense) into a law that all people need to abide by because there is no self-evident use to be had for people who don't know or don't believe in any deity whatsoever.

And no, churches shouldn't be compelled to marry or serve anyone. Frankly, they should be able to reject anyone for any reason whatsoever. Don't like it? Go use the services of another church or organization. People that insist on being married by a church that disapproves of their lifestyle are idiots.
              Have I not been reiterating the very same thing time and again? That's odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil Child View Post

You're welcome.
                I will tell you one I met: New York architect Phillip Johnson, very famous, now dead, gay as heck. Came out like in his 80s or so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Johnson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip...ip-johnson.jpg

Comment

You're welcome.
                  This is what that link shows me:

Famous Confederate Civil War Generals during the American Civil War

Comment

Thanks for ruining the joke you humorless German.

Comment

We might disagree on the male homosex, but one thing I think we can all agree on is that ladies who insist they're lesbians just haven't kissed the right frog. Nomsaying?

Comment

Awww fuck it. It's 4 a.m. I'm doing like sixty things at the same time.

Comment

We might disagree on the male homosex, but one thing I think we can all agree on is that ladies who insist they're lesbians just haven't kissed the right frog. Nomsaying?
                          Um no, it's because they're Lesbians. les•bi•an (lĕzˈbē-ən)

• n.
                            A woman whose sexual orientation is to women.
                          • adj.
                            Of, relating to, or being a lesbian. See Usage Note at gay.

Comment

Thanks for ruining the joke you humorless German.
                            Oh no.....I didn't click on your fake named links and muck RUINED your Yankee joke

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post

This is what that link shows me:
                              Devil child loves to study famous CSA heroes because of his extreme interest in the ideals of the CSA constitution and form of government. He was joking about the gay lesbian deal, sad huh?

Comment

NT (and OT) is not really my forte, but I can't recall a single reference to homosexuality in the 4 Gospels.
                                Can you share some info about this?

Comment

Working...
                                X