No announcement yet.

London Metropolian Police sell firearm licenseholders details to marketing firm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Metropolian Police sell firearm licenseholders details to marketing firm

Who gave marketing agency access to super-sensitive address database?

London gun owners are asking questions of the Metropolitan Police after the force seemingly handed the addresses of 30,000 firearm and shotgun owners to a direct mail marketing agency for a commercial firm's advertising campaign.

The first any of the affected people knew about the blunder was when the leaflet (pictured below) landed on their doormats in Tuesday's post.

Rest at: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...r_data_breach/
    Nice move plod, well done.

Some days I really wonder - this is what you get when you have a 'Dick' in charge

Comment

Someone made some nice cash on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by LAworkerbee View Post
        Someone made some nice cash on the side.
        There was once such a thing as The Association of Chief Police Officers Ltd which was involved in some rather dubious commercial transactions - like selling extracts from Police systems for £70 (something that cost them 60p), marketing "police approval" logos to firms selling anti-theft devices and operating a separate private firm offering training to speed camera operators. It was eventually "disbanded" - i.e. replaced by the same people under a new name.

This smells distinctly like that.

Comment

Could any people in London have firearms like pistols or military rifles nowadys ? l had been London in the past and Policemen told me private posession of firearms strictly not allowed when l was arrested.

l could see heavy armed guys in Bank distrcits at mornings around the cash transfer cars. My bus was passing through there. l saw fisrt time AUG-56 in a hands of guards. But l taught no full auto mode only semiauto . Some MP-5 and FNC or SIG 550. Pistols were glock.

Comment

Originally posted by mokokko View Post
            Could any people in London have firearms like pistols or military rifles nowadys ? l had been London in the past and Policemen told me private posession of firearms strictly not allowed when l was arrested.

l could see heavy armed guys in Bank distrcits at mornings around the cash transfer cars. My bus was passing through there. l saw fisrt time AUG-56 in a hands of guards. But l taught no full auto mode only semiauto . Some MP-5 and FNC or SIG 550. Pistols were glock.
            Highlighted part, ölene kadar mokoko?

I think in the UK you can only own something like bolt action hunting rifles and shotguns?

Comment

Your cops are amateurs, try having your military intel freaking out and going "Oh hell no" to China once they discovered the communist rebels started sporting Brand New AK-47s. Only to find out it was the National Police that was supplying it to the rebs.

Comment

Originally posted by Junglejim View Post
                Your cops are amateurs, try having your military intel freaking out and going "Oh hell no" to China once they discovered the communist rebels started sporting Brand New AK-47s. Only to find out it was the National Police that was supplying it to the rebs.
                Holy shit....your cops rock AKs?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

Nice move plod, well done.

Interesting turn of events in London....the law-abiding citizens are basically denied the right of firearms ownership, yet terrorists and criminals can get firearms and weapons into London IIRC?

Also in the linked article I read this:

It is not clear why firearms and shotguns stamped with serial numbers recorded against the owner's name and address on a police-controlled database need extra marking. Forensic scientists are easily capable of reading a filed-off or altered serial number, two common tricks criminals use in the hope of making their illegally acquired guns untraceable
                  Which makes me wonder if the authors of the article considered wartime trophy guns with no serial #, and guns that function yet are pre serial number manufacture?

Comment

Originally posted by HisRoyalHighness View Post

Holy shit....your cops rock AKs?
                    No on the AKs they just bought them in bulk for the rebs.... It was an ellaborate deal but once the military started picking up brand new AKs off of dead rebs they investigated. Lead to a Security company linked to cops who ordered them and got lost in transit.

Our cops rock, glocks, 1911's, M4s/M16s, M14's and the barret.... depending on the situation

Comment

The thought has struck me before, with all these government surveillance leaks. I know, we hear about all the stuff, that ends up on Wikileaks, but I bet, that's only top of the iceberg. Wonder how much passed on to companies traded for dough or for overpaid retirement jobs. I've accepted the whole Orwellian post-9/11 society, for our greater goods, I just wish, they weren't so negligent or careless with our sensitive information.

Comment

Originally posted by mokokko View Post
                        The British police fucked-up badly twice - once at Hungerford and again at Dunblaine. In each instance well before the shooting, the local firearms community told their local police force that the person involved should not be a firearms license holder as they were mentally disturbed and otherwise not suitable. In each instance, the police did... absolutely nothing.

Subsequently it was decided that the problem wasn't the police not doing their job, but the existence of firearms that was the problem. Indeed I don't believe anyone in the police force was disciplined at all after either Hungerford or Dunblaine - despite the Dublaine report being scathing of the local police force. Rather it was the firearms community that was punished instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

The British police fucked-up badly twice - once at Hungerford and again at Dunblaine. In each instance well before the shooting, the local firearms community told their local police force that the person involved should not be a firearms license holder as they were mentally disturbed and otherwise not suitable. In each instance, the police did... absolutely nothing.

Subsequently it was decided that the problem wasn't the police not doing their job, but the existence of firearms that was the problem. Indeed I don't believe anyone in the police force was disciplined at all after either Hungerford or Dunblaine - despite the Dublaine report being scathing of the local police force. Rather it was the firearms community that was punished instead.
                          Dunblaine - it was'nt the local police was it? it was futher up the friends list that granted him his licence? thats why it got burried and the whole focus was moved onto gun control - there are still a lot of unanswered questions about that shooting (Mr Blair)

"After Hughes's evidence came to light, the deputy chief constable of Central Scotland Police, Douglas McMurdo, resigned. He was the man who, aware of Paul Hughes's advice to the contrary, signed Hamilton's last firearms certificate."

and the use of d-notices.................
                          http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=12346

On 13th March 1996, according to the 'official' version of the event, a mentally-disturbed loner named Thomas Hamilton shot dead 16 children at a primary school in Dunblane in Scotland. He was, we're told, the archetypal disturbed loner type who carried out a meaningless act of terrible violence and then turned the gun on himself.…

Comment

Working...
                          X