Independence Referendum 2: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post
    Wow. Nothing on the news I looked at this morning.
    UK news is not the greatest , though I'm sure Scottish voters are sick to the back teeth of votes/referendum s hence it's absence in the main stream media .

Comment

• Originally posted by bfc1001 View Post

UK news is not the greatest , though I'm sure Scottish voters are sick to the back teeth of votes/referendum s hence it's absence in the main stream media .
      not one single daily news paper sold in Scotland is owned by a Scot ... it's been reported by both the BBC and ITV ... BBC claiming it was under 40,000 lol

the simple fact is the BBC, Sky etc want people to think outside Scotland that everything is all rosy in the UK and bfc1001 wait and see in under a years time

Comment

• Originally posted by Tizer View Post
        wait and see in under a years time
        You've been saying this since mid 2016

Comment

not one single daily news paper sold in Scotland is owned by a Scot ... it's been reported by both the BBC and ITV ... BBC claiming it was under 40,000 lol

the simple fact is the BBC, Sky etc want people to think outside Scotland that everything is all rosy in the UK and bfc1001 wait and see in under a years time
          I don't really see another indyref anytime soon , infact I think the SNP are in a bit of trouble moving forwards , but I am in complete agreement with you on the state of the UK media . 71% owned by 3 companies I believe , and the BBC is nothing more than a political arm of government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corrupt View Post

You've been saying this since mid 2016
            when brexit is finally negotiated by october we will see what their deal will be Scotland will not accept a hard brexit and that is what the UK is heading for and the attempt at a power grab from Holyrood by the UK will drive us further apart

Comment

• Wee Crankie has a Diane Abbot moment

NICOLA Sturgeon had a car crash of an interview after she continuously failed to provide figures on how much independent Scotland would cost during an intense grilling on Channel 4 News.

Comment

• I saw an old family bible. About 200 years old It was King James but the Scots had printed in the margins their interpretation of it. Not much has changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post
                  Wee Crankie has a Diane Abbot moment
                  not everybody has the figures at hand ... i do ... set up a independent is being costed at £480 million a year almost half of what it was going to cost in 2014 £800 million ... that's cheap considering we are providing the UK £23 billion for running services Holyrood has no control over

Comment

• https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryU...nd-Clearances/

Good read . I guess Scotland fell to the inclosures act .

Comment

not everybody has the figures at hand ... i do ...
                      more English money down the drain

Nicola Sturgeon has been urged to abandon her threat of a second independence referendum after official figures revealed that Scotland ran up a £13 billion deficit last year that was four times the size of the UK’s.

Comment

more English money down the drain

you do realise GERS is based on estimates it was set up by Lord Lang a former conservative MP .... no hidden agenda their .... GERS is claiming Scotland makes up 1/3rd of the UK's losses ... that is Scotland with 96% of the UK's oil from the North Sea .... even the UK's top Tax man says GERS is a load of *rap Richard Murphy. GERS is claiming a 70% turnaround in the English economy since last year that is how ridiculous GERS is

it represents Scotland as a part of the UK, NOT as an Independent country with total control over what we spend and where, and how we raise money - as the Fraser of Allander Institute points out and most of the spending is by Westminster on behalf of Scotland

for Example Scotland receives a block grant from Westminster including capital projects which is £30 billion meanwhile the Tax raised in Scotland is now £60 billion per year out of that £60 billion is tax towards capital projects in the rest of the UK worth £2 trillion yet we have to pay for our own capital projects ... if we are Independent we will not be paying for those capital projects elsewhere in the UK
                        Last edited by Tizer; 24-08-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• BBC apology

https://twitter.com/rosscolquhoun/st...gers-figure%2F

Comment

you do realise GERS is based on estimates it was set up by Lord Lang a former conservative MP .... no hidden agenda their .... GERS is claiming Scotland makes up 1/3rd of the UK's losses ... that is Scotland with 96% of the UK's oil from the North Sea .... even the UK's top Tax man says GERS is a load of *rap Richard Murphy. GERS is claiming a 70% turnaround in the English economy since last year that is how ridiculous GERS is

it represents Scotland as a part of the UK, NOT as an Independent country with total control over what we spend and where, and how we raise money - as the Fraser of Allander Institute points out and most of the spending is by Westminster on behalf of Scotland

for Example Scotland receives a block grant from Westminster including capital projects which is £30 billion meanwhile the Tax raised in Scotland is now £60 billion per year out of that £60 billion is tax towards capital projects in the rest of the UK worth £2 trillion yet we have to pay for our own capital projects ... if we are Independent we will not be paying for those capital projects elsewhere in the UK
                            if the Parliament building was anything to go by it would not be long before you were up to your necks in it

Funnies thing I have read recently about an independent Scotland - "Venezuela without the sunshine"

Comment

if the Parliament building was anything to go by it would not be long before you were up to your necks in it

Funnies thing I have read recently about an independent Scotland - "Venezuela without the sunshine"
                              answer me this according to GERS figures the English economy has improved by 70% of the past year but the figure the government put out the UK economy grew by a measly.0.2% better than Scotlands ... so far this year Scottish economy is growing faster than the rest of the UK ... so GERS figures do not make sense

Comment

• Labour party making fools of themselves again latest campaign advert against the SNP & Tories .... who was in power again in Westminster in 2009/10 oh that would be the labour party and Alistair Darling was chancellor and gordon "the vow" brown

Comment

Working...
                                X