Religion vs. gender equality: Muslim girls must swim with boys in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thanamestolga View Post
    Religion in public places should be oppressed wherever possible.

Not regulated, straight up oppressed.
    There isn't a like button that can like this as much as I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

This. Along with Mordoror comment.

A state, multiple religions and beliefs which seems normal but everybody should be treated equally. Neither Islam, Christianity or whatever are above the Law.

There has been issues with the canteens at school and whether the meals should be halal, meaning that many children from Muslim families only eat vegetables or avoid the canteen the day when meal is on the menu. It's giving numerous mayors and schools director headaches.
      The whole halal or haram thing grinds my gears. There are so many Islamic laws that Muslims turn a blind eye to, but when it comes to something as simple as pork, its the end of the world. This is why they should be oppressed, because they do not know any better. I was going to say they're animals, but even animals to a certain degree can be taught to live outside of their comfort zone.

That is how Muslims roll, they are the only group as far as I can tell who actually need to be ruled with an iron fist, because they don't know how to be led any better. They don't have individual thoughts, or if they do, they suppress them. They're like sheep that need to be herded for their own good.

Granted, there are circumstances where different meals could be offered as alternatives. Vegeterians should be able to have vegeterian options, people who don't eat pork should have alternatives. I personally don't like seafood, so if it were possible I would want the school cafeteria to serve an alternative. My mom is a vegeterian, she should be able to eat an alternative to a meat dish etc. I'm not so much against an individuals diet based on their personal preference, but using religion as an excuse, they should throw that shit out of the window.

I once had a man tell me why eating pork is a sin, and of all the places he could have told me, he told me at a "Rakı table" as we call it where the whole meal is based on drinking Rakı, an alcoholic beverage. It doesn't get more ironic than that.

The beef isn't so much with Islam, but rather the vast majority of its followers. I hold Christianity in the same light as Islam, but at least followers of Christianity were able to mature.

Comment

Eh, I know, the hypocrisy and irony can even come to the point where an apparently (and surely) Muslim dude ask to the kebab owner if his lamb is 'halal' only to also ask to be served two beers with that. Me and the other customers did giggle a bit.

As you said, in canteens and cafeteria they are given the alternative to pork or beef that wouldn't be halal, so to appease everyone. The other day a friend of mine (black that is but Catholic) was told it was wrong to eat a ham sandwich at work. I mean, wow. Now if even the non Muslim cannot do what they want, or drink, smoke without the sermon that it is bad according to Islam... this continent and its weakness are off for difficult times.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeWolf View Post

The judges argued the mixed-gender swimming classes are an important element of integration.
          Guess they just don't want to integrate. It's good that both them and leftist special snowflakes who kiss every trace that refugees leave at floor are reminded again that this monastery is run differently.

Taliban won't defeat itself. New figthers are always needed.

Comment

Good verdict I approve of it. Can't see any reasons why they should be segregated. One can argue that, in Germany don't know about other countries but I guess it is similar, pupils have male and female sports classes. But this isn't an argument as it is right about physical constitution. Trying to segregate boys and girls is pretty unhealthy in my book, and serves the obvious purpose of cementing control over someone elses lifes.

Meanwhile Morocco banned the Burka

Comment

The whole halal or haram thing grinds my gears. There are so many Islamic laws that Muslims turn a blind eye to, but when it comes to something as simple as pork, its the end of the world. This is why they should be oppressed, because they do not know any better. I was going to say they're animals, but even animals to a certain degree can be taught to live outside of their comfort zone.

That is how Muslims roll, they are the only group as far as I can tell who actually need to be ruled with an iron fist, because they don't know how to be led any better. They don't have individual thoughts, or if they do, they suppress them. They're like sheep that need to be herded for their own good.

Granted, there are circumstances where different meals could be offered as alternatives. Vegeterians should be able to have vegeterian options, people who don't eat pork should have alternatives. I personally don't like seafood, so if it were possible I would want the school cafeteria to serve an alternative. My mom is a vegeterian, she should be able to eat an alternative to a meat dish etc. I'm not so much against an individuals diet based on their personal preference, but using religion as an excuse, they should throw that shit out of the window.

I once had a man tell me why eating pork is a sin, and of all the places he could have told me, he told me at a "Rakı table" as we call it where the whole meal is based on drinking Rakı, an alcoholic beverage. It doesn't get more ironic than that.

The beef isn't so much with Islam, but rather the vast majority of its followers. I hold Christianity in the same light as Islam, but at least followers of Christianity were able to mature.
              I thought you were a good muslim. Apparently I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ATSzmrots View Post

I thought you were a good muslim. Apparently I was wrong
                Not at the risk of losing one's dignity and self respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn View Post
                  Imho too much focus on equality too little focus on functionality. But that's the problem of the 21st century. Enforcing social horizontality onto everything, and then expecting things to work out.
                  Correction - Western world's problem of 21st century.
                  P.S. Good to see some common sense at least in some Western European countries.

Comment

Originally posted by picanha View Post
                    Good verdict I approve of it. Can't see any reasons why they should be segregated. One can argue that, in Germany don't know about other countries but I guess it is similar, pupils have male and female sports classes. But this isn't an argument as it is right about physical constitution. Trying to segregate boys and girls is pretty unhealthy in my book, and serves the obvious purpose of cementing control over someone elses lifes.

Meanwhile Morocco banned the Burka
                    Really? Didnt know that. This doesn't happen in the Netherlands. When I was in high school we had an exchange thingie with a British high school and I was surprised about the segregated PE classes. I was also amused about their uniforms, something so foreign to us. From what I understood (I was barely 16, if even), it was about equality and modesty. Howver the girls were constantly challenging the rules by making their skirts as short as possible. As a kid I thought it was about sexual repression by the adults, cuz the girls were quite eager to show ... but perhaps cuz I was a kid from abroad.

I think after co-ed showers nothing shocks me aymore.

Comment

We could see the girls and their short skirts too . It was just that for example we were playing football on the field and they were running laps around us. Sometimes we did stuff for fun together.

But most times our roughness couldn't be barely controlled, even unathletic guys had a hard stand.

Co-ed shower and shared changing rooms were an absolutely no go.

I must add I went to school in the 80s and early 90s.

Comment

Religion in public places should be oppressed wherever possible.

Not regulated, straight up oppressed.
                        ^^ this x1000

Comment

Working...
                        X