Finland tests universal basic income

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetOld View Post
    EiB L/T: If they're replacing benefits with a stable 560€ then i can't wait since it'll be the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st_kilometre all over again only economically imposed. I don't think anyone can survive here with appartment rents being 500-1000€ a month depending on the size of your family and availability. Kontula has appartments for like 700€+ which is insane.

Since it's the part of the city that needs intervention from Ordo Hereticus, Fyodor Karamazov to be precise.

They should build bigger apartment buildings (instead of smaller 3-6 storey huts) in order to keep rents down but as we know it would't be very good business so we can forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jµµso View Post
      They should build bigger apartment buildings (instead of smaller 3-6 storey huts) in order to keep rents down but as we know it would't be very good business so we can forget it.
      No way man.

Perfect balance is 5 floors and 4 sections per building. Anything above and you get the "the projects".

Issue isn't even so much lack of housing but lack of affordable housing. The rent firms bought out a lot of property and now are milking it like crazy. That coupled in with increased migration to Espoo/Helsinki/Vantaa area made a strained situation into something worthy of being pissed of at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jµµso View Post

There are a lot of empty factory halls all over Finland.

Get one of those, build partition them to small chunks (shared toilets and kitchens) and profit. I'm fairly sure it's just law that prevents that. Which btw prevents builders from building houses that people need aka one room apartments.

Comment

Working...
        X