Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary cities in the USA....yes or no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job Mayor Bill de Blasio!!

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...r-for-an-hour/

A previously deported illegal alien has been arrested and charged with brutally raping a woman in Long Island, New York for an hour, according to police.

Ever Martinez-Reyes, a 24-year-old illegal alien from El Salvador, allegedly followed a 36-year-old mother of two to her home, knocked her unconscious, then repeatedly raped her for an hour, investigators say, according to Newsday.

The alleged assault and rape occurred in the sanctuary city of Nassau County, which refuses to turn criminal illegal aliens over to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency for deportation.

Comment

From the little I read is more about not using local taxes money to enforce federal laws, not about ignoring federal laws.

No local authority will stop emigration officers from doing their jobs (I assume). But they will not ask their local police force to start hunting illegal immigrants.

Considering the multi-scale system of laws, law enforcement and taxes in the US, is this really news? I would not expect local law enforcement to bother with illegal immigrants to begin with (which is why so many fell through the cracks in the first place as the reach of federal workers is limited).

Am I wrong in thinking all this?

Comment

Working...
      X