This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Piirka View Post
    Now we "know" what's Trump's stance on trickle down economics... Ha, haha... What does the "newsmedia" tell us next? Some caviar to go with the champagne?
    I've been meaning to to ask you about your avatar, why is the (presumable) Swede's colors inverted?

Comment

• Trump acknowledges Russian involvement in meddling in U.S. elections

President-elect Donald Trump acknowledged for the first time Wednesday that he believes Russian operatives hacked the Democratic Party during the election, but he continued to dispute intelligence reports that Moscow acted to help him win.

“I think it was Russia,” Trump said at a news conference in New York when asked who was responsible for the public leaks of Democratic emails during the campaign.
      clickbait

Well Trump press conferences are entertaining to say the least. Some other highlights from the presser include yes we will make Mexico pay for the Great Wall, that all the allegations are "phoney baloney" or "fake news", and perhaps my favorite "are we living in Nazi Germany?"

Comment

• I liked the way he told that CNN journalist to STFU.

Though, that CNN journalist later saying "that's not appropriate"? Seriously? The President just told you to shut up and not to be rude, yet you keep insisting and talking over one of your colleague.

Originally posted by AroundTheCorner View Post
        aren't we all?
        Once you get invaded by them twice you learn to like them.

They are fiends, they have no humor, their food is horrible and their politics are nonsensical, but they are alright. I mean... they are not British.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
          Still can't believe we elected the clown as our president (but still better than Hillary).

My favorite part at 1:42:15

CNN: Since you're attacking our news organization can you give us a question...
          Trump: Go ahead. Not not you. No, not you. Your organization is terrible. Quiet. No, I'm not going to give you a question. You are fake news. Be quiet. Go ahead. I'm not going to give you a question, you are fake news.
          CNN: Mr. President elect that's not appropriate.
          Trump: Be quiet

Hahahaha lmfao he's a clown, but a lovable clown.
          LMFAO, some good stuff there.
          As long as he can be... persuaded that gtfo'ing from Russia's border is more cost-effective for US than previous administration's policies of Drang Nach Osten, and that supporting islamists in Syria, as well as general regime toppling mania in potentially highly unstable countries is a bad idea, next years are going to be awesome. The biggest danger here is that elites will try to feed him their PoV on how things should be going.

Should first make it in one piece through all the **** US Elites throwing at him right now , though.

Comment

• This Sessions thing will be interesting, at least. For once (phew!) the controversy's not about Putin Panic, but something that actually relates to the domestic environment in the U.S.

Comment

• CNN has beeen unfair to him since long atleast when they were openly vouching for hillary and demonising trump ........Worst channel to watch internationally .very biased.

Comment

• P.S. Watched after "You're fake news" line till the end. It's just a small part of the interview, and I don't know about you guys, perhaps Western political culture is vastly different, but for a russian that's one reasonable, open and tough (in a good sense) leader. The one that makes alot of sense. Like, Putin is popular and respected because he talks about problems directly and makes sense while doing so. And during his early years Putin had those silly direct moments too. Not that much ofc, because his personality is vastly different, but still some.

He might be pretty spot on for claiming that Russia will respect current US Administration alot more than the past one(s), as long as it'll be possible to find a way to get along.
                Last edited by Ilya.P; 11-01-2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• I love how some of you shills are blasting Trump for talking like a 5 year old when that is in fact exactly the type of person you wanted. He speaks mostly like any regular guy would. If you wanted a professional liar then vote Obama in again, or rather Hillary. Its a fact better speakers exist, but they are your lobbyist and career politicians. You cant toot both horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by igroock View Post
                    I love how some of you shills are blasting Trump for talking like a 5 year old when that is in fact exactly the type of person you wanted. He speaks mostly like any regular guy would. If you wanted a professional liar then vote Obama in again, or rather Hillary. Its a fact better speakers exist, but they are your lobbyist and career politicians. You cant toot both horns.
                    Didn't want Trump, didn't vote for Trump. Can't vote for Obama, term limits and all that. All presidential candidates are professional liars. I have two hands so I can toot both horns quite easily.

Last edited by Devil Child; 11-01-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• CNN saying that publishing a piss fanfic is part of the First Amendment followed by blaming Buzzfeed for making them look like the idiots that they are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/statu...42348702007302

NBC saying CNN's report is full of it
                      https://mobile.twitter.com/BraddJaff...08142164754432

Buzzfeed acknowledging they screwed up.
                      https://mobile.twitter.com/mlcaldero...46615567417344

Remember when the media was about publishing news and not fanfics?

Comment

• No love lost there then between the questioners and their host. No thanks at the end either, just treated them with disdain and walked off when he had had enough. Those journalists are going to have to come to terms with a very changed relationship compared to previous Presidents. Where Obama and co thought that they needed the MSM so had to treat them with kid gloves, Trump doesn't and he knows it. The first Air Force One flight will have a very interesting passenger manifest.

I think for a non professional politician he did pretty well. Nowhere near as slick or polished as the real thing definitely, but, much more importantly, nowhere near as rehearsed either. Definite similarities to the first steps of Putin's takeover of power.

There is going to be a huge diplomatic shock around the world once he and his team are in power. Those politicians who have only ever worked in their countries' political 'bubble' and especially those who have dealt on a daily basis mainly with civil servants, not the real world, are going to have a big big problem handling him. Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by HisRoyalHighness View Post
                          CNN saying that publishing a piss fanfic is part of the First Amendment followed by blaming Buzzfeed for making them look like the idiots that they are.
                          You made us do it.

CNN pushing Buzzfeed under the bus. Well, Buzzfeed is already under the bus, or under a few dozen of buses. But still...

CNN. Please shut up. You are embarrassing yourself.

Comment

• I'm a bit out of the loop, I hope I didn't miss anything.

Comment

• Wow, going to be an interesting Presidency. He certainly isn't afraid of the press and they don't seem to know how to handle it. So, this latest story is right up there with the Russians taking down the Vermont power grid and Trump firing everyone at the NNSA.. Between CNN, McCain, Buzzfeed, Gizmodo, the Washington Post and the New York Times it's like a clown car disgorging one clown with a fake news story after another. Honestly, I can't remember when journalism was so bad, and that's saying a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post
                                Between CNN, McCain, Buzzfeed, Gizmodo, the Washington Post and the New York Times it's like a clown car disgorging one clown with a fake news story after another. Honestly, I can't remember when journalism was so bad, and that's saying a lot.
                                And the funny thing is they are doing that to themselves. All by themselves!

Comment

Working...
                                X