Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Presidential Election thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2016 Presidential Election thread.

    This thread is for news and discussion about the 2016 Presidential Election. I know it is early but it will be here before you know it.

    Who Is Running for President (and Who’s Not)?




    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...andidates.html
    Last edited by beNder; 19-04-2015, 09:50 AM.

  • #2
    I really hope people can post a intelligent and meaningful discussion. If a person is going to post something on the line.. My candidate is the messiah and yours is the spawn of satan. Just do not post.

    Comment


    • #3
      it is pretty difficult to comment too much on the POTUS race now, as the field on the R side is so darn huge and the one on the D side is so darn SMALL (in numbers that is)
      does everyone think that Biden is going to run on the D ticket against Hill?

      Comment


      • #4
        Not really jazzed by any of the announced candidates so far.

        Will not vote for Hillary even at bayonet point.

        Not impressed with Cruz, Rubio, Huckabee, or Paul to be frank
        Will not vote for Jeb because I do not believe in Royalty in the USA, and think its disgusting the best we can do is between him and Hillary (Who believes she is Entitled to the presidency).

        Of the GOP potentials
        No way Dr. Carson goes anywhere as he is too strident, expect a sudden "Bimbo Eruption" style smear like was done to Cain.
        Christie seems a possible but the LW and Media will crucify him for his weight and his words about Obama after Sandy.
        Bachmann & Santorum are religious bigots so thats out

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by commanding View Post
          it is pretty difficult to comment too much on the POTUS race now, as the field on the R side is so darn huge and the one on the D side is so darn SMALL (in numbers that is)
          does everyone think that Biden is going to run on the D ticket against Hill?
          The problem with the Dem ticket is everyone's acting like Hillary is Entitled to it because she was supposed to win in 2008. No ones even talking about Biden running (cant remember the last VP who didnt try to run). Fauxcahontas will sew up the CPUSA vote if she runs and the only person the dems seem jazzed about is Bernie Sanders who isnt even in the Democratic Party.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
            Not really jazzed by any of the announced candidates so far.

            Will not vote for Hillary even at bayonet point.

            Not impressed with Cruz, Rubio, Huckabee, or Paul to be frank
            Will not vote for Jeb because I do not believe in Royalty in the USA, and think its disgusting the best we can do is between him and Hillary (Who believes she is Entitled to the presidency).

            Of the GOP potentials
            No way Dr. Carson goes anywhere as he is too strident, expect a sudden "Bimbo Eruption" style smear like was done to Cain.
            Christie seems a possible but the LW and Media will crucify him for his weight and his words about Obama after Sandy.
            Bachmann & Santorum are religious bigots so thats out
            I don't think Huckabee is that bad a choice. If the tea party puts up scott walker, now that is laughable.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well I will say this for Walker

              He was elected, survived a exceedingly partisan recall (Only the 3rd in US history and the 1st which failed) and got a higher number of votes than the original election, got re elected

              Comment


              • #8
                I'd like to see a "None of the Above Losers" option. If no one wins a majority we get an all new slate from whom to choose.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Aside from the succession issue I would reckon Jeb is probably the more palatable candidate the GOP can field at the moment, political dynasties are largely unhealthy in the long run but I reckon Jeb has what it takes to clear the field. Still putting money on Hilary to win though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why Jeb Bush isn't running for president
                    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/politi...ule/index.html
                    Last edited by beNder; 07-05-2015, 09:06 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This hopefully is true. Jeb is not a good candidate and common core is a joke.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
                        The problem with the Dem ticket is everyone's acting like Hillary is Entitled to it because she was supposed to win in 2008. No ones even talking about Biden running (cant remember the last VP who didnt try to run). Fauxcahontas will sew up the CPUSA vote if she runs and the only person the dems seem jazzed about is Bernie Sanders who isnt even in the Democratic Party.

                        James Webb talked about running and I am waiting to hear more but I would be happy to vote for him. He would be a long shot but his credentials are very good IMO.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr Gently Benevolent View Post
                          Aside from the succession issue I would reckon Jeb is probably the more palatable candidate the GOP can field at the moment, political dynasties are largely unhealthy in the long run but I reckon Jeb has what it takes to clear the field. Still putting money on Hilary to win though.

                          She has been the favorite before. I think she is at a disadvantage ATM b/c she is the clear favorite for the Dem nod so she will be a lightning rod for the next year and a half and even a cursory glance is enough to show real liabilities in her candidacy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rattfink View Post
                            and even a cursory glance is enough to show real liabilities in her candidacy.
                            I would have thought the same about Obama, (no record, no experience, associations with Reverend Wright, Bill Ayers, etc.) yet here we are.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rattfink View Post


                              She has been the favorite before. I think she is at a disadvantage ATM b/c she is the clear favorite for the Dem nod so she will be a lightning rod for the next year and a half and even a cursory glance is enough to show real liabilities in her candidacy.

                              I always hope that they are smarter than history suggests ---- so ---- my tin-foil-barette says Mrs C will take the flak, all the GOP angst, research, and negative advertising, and then at the last minute up will step another dark horse, all shiny and sweet smelling.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X