Refugee crisis in America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...5-years-tops-/

He is the world’s most persistent illegal immigrant: One Mexican managed to get deported 44 times in 15 years — which means he also managed to sneak back across the border at least that many times.

The runner-up was ousted 40 times from 2001 to 2015. No. 3, 4 and 5 on the list were deported 35, 34 and 31 times, respectively, according to data provided to The Washington Times by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

While those are the most extreme cases, repeat-illegal immigrants were back in the news this week after police said a twice-deported man was driving drunk in Indiana on Sunday morning when he plowed into pro football player Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver, killing them both.

2. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/06...-cops-say.html

An illegal immigrant caught urinating in public in Maryland used a box-cutter to viciously attack a man who suggested he use a bathroom, according to a report Tuesday.

The victim was treated for slash wounds to his neck, face and stomach after the attack, which occurred two months ago at a bus terminal in Montgomery County outside Washington, WJLA-TV reported.

The accused attacker, Salvador Gomez-Lopez, 46, of Montgomery County, was allegedly drunk and belligerent at the time, the station reported.

Comment

• http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...olence-threat/

Pro-amnesty Congressman Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) criticized the Trump administration’s heightened focus on MS-13 gang violence Tuesday, describing it as a political ploy to gin up Republican support for the 2018 midterm elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by haze17 View Post
        http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...olence-threat/

Pro-amnesty Congressman Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) criticized the Trump administration’s heightened focus on MS-13 gang violence Tuesday, describing it as a political ploy to gin up Republican support for the 2018 midterm elections.
        Pri-amnesty Congressman Luis gutiertez (D-IL) is NOT BEING HONEST, and lives far from the border. Although that is no guarantee to safety from Ms-13 in the USA, or safety from drug cartels in the USA.

Comment

• Texas border patrol agents find 6 illegal immigrants trapped inside cabinets

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/09...-cabinets.html

Six illegal immigrants from Mexico were found Monday tightly packed inside cabinets that were being transported over the border in Laredo, Texas.
          The driver of the truck, a U.S. citizen, was arrested at the checkpoint and then turned over to Homeland Security Investigations for prosecution.

Customs and Border Patrol said the incident highlights the dangers illegal aliens face at the hands of smugglers, placing them in dangerous conditions.
          The six Mexicans were trapped inside the large cabinets with no way to escape, as the cabinets were tightly packed with ratchet straps on the outside.

Comment

• I'm so tired of the Democrats' grand standing! If people don't want to be separated from their children - quit coming to the country illegally, and quit bringing children here illegally!

Democrats Gain Entry To NJ Immigration Detention Center After Arguing With Cops Literally Banging On Door

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...g-on-door.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post
              I'm so tired of the Democrats' grand standing! If people don't want to be separated from their children - quit coming to the country illegally, and quit bringing children here illegally!

Democrats Gain Entry To NJ Immigration Detention Center After Arguing With Cops Literally Banging On Door

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...g-on-door.html
              ​Yep. Good review article on it. It gives the Democrats an issue they think they can exploit, and maybe they can.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ids-at-border/

Comment

I'm so tired of the Democrats' grand standing! If people don't want to be separated from their children - quit coming to the country illegally, and quit bringing children here illegally!

The problem isn't so much the separation itself, though ideally that would be fixed by housing them in special detention facilities meant for illegal immigrant families. The problem is not reuniting them when the parents are deported.

As far as i'm concerned, that's kidnapping. We're kidnapping their children, and that's gotta be fixed. If the US is separating them, it is the US govt's responsibility to ensure they are reunited barring any other agreement.

Also its anecdotal, but apparently those who legally claim asylum at a port of entry are being refused and turned away without process.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...asy/710796002/
                Last edited by anon45; 20-06-2018, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by anon45 View Post

The problem isn't so much the separation itself, though ideally that would be fixed by housing them in special detention facilities meant for illegal immigrant families. The problem is not reuniting them when the parents are deported.

As far as i'm concerned, that's kidnapping. We're kidnapping their children, and that's gotta be fixed. If the US is separating them, it is the US govt's responsibility to ensure they are reunited barring any other agreement.

Also i've read anecdotal accounts that border patrol are essentially refusing to process those who request asylum at the border.

Also its anecdotal, but apparently those who legally claim asylum at a port of entry are being refused and turned away without process.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...asy/710796002/
                  To me this is the result of years of abuse of our immigration system and laws, and the result of years of Politics. I am so disgusted with politicians using immigration as a means to make the other party look bad, and as a way to get votes. No party wants to work with the other party. So nothing gets done, and we the people keep re-electing the same old persons who have been in the congress and senate for decades. and nothing keeps on getting done.

Do we want open borders? I don't.

Do we want Legal immigration? I do.

Should persons who break the law get a pass?

No.

United States citizens who break the law don't get a pass.

Should persons who break the law get a break that persons who immigrate here legally, do not get? No.

Should law breakers be prosecuted?

Yes. United States citizens who break the law get prosecuted. Are United States citizens who break the law separated from their children? Yes. they are.

Comment

To me this is the result of years of abuse of our immigration system and laws, and the result of years of Politics. I am so disgusted with politicians using immigration as a means to make the other party look bad, and as a way to get votes. No party wants to work with the other party. So nothing gets done, and we the people keep re-electing the same old persons who have been in the congress and senate for decades. and nothing keeps on getting done.

No.

Should persons who break the law get a break that persons who immigrate here legally, do not get? No.

Yes. United States citizens who break the law get prosecuted. Are United States citizens who break the law separated from their children? Yes. they are.
                    Couldn't agree more. This should be a very, very simple fix. Like Obamacare, there seems to be more interest in keeping this alive as a campaign issue than actually fixing the problem...The Swamp. Aptly named.

Comment

No.

But law breakers are not permanently separated from their children by the US government aside from those who have committed an act deserving of the time necessary, such as murder and rape, but which illegal entry is but a misdemeanor and repeated illegal entry is a felony of imprisonment of not more than 2 years.

Deportation of the parents while leaving the children here in custodial care (without prior agreement), or even the other way around, is not part of the intended punishment, and also is cruel and unusual in anycase. I expect it to be less intended but more a bureaucratic fuck up, but its something that must be fixed. Parents should only be deported with their children without prior agreement from family and friends in the US.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...der/683483002/

This is too far, it is kidnapping.

Comment

But law breakers are not permanently separated from their children by the US government aside from those who have committed an act deserving of the time necessary, such as murder and rape, but which illegal entry is but a misdemeanor and repeated illegal entry is a felony of imprisonment of not more than 2 years.

Deportation of the parents while leaving the children here in custodial care (without prior agreement), or even the other way around, is not part of the intended punishment, and also is cruel and unusual in anycase. I expect it to be less intended but more a bureaucratic fuck up, but its something that must be fixed. Parents should only be deported with their children without prior agreement from family and friends in the US.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...der/683483002/

This is too far, it is kidnapping.
                        Well how about this. DON'T BRING YOUR KIDS HERE ILLEGALLY! Because if you're caught committing an illegal act you just might end up in jail. Try doing that in say, Mexico and see what happens. Mexico has a far better system than we do. Just a thought. Otherwise, write your Congressman so they can do their jobs and fix our immigration system, arguably the worst in the world.

IMMIGRATION
                        Mexico’s Immigration Law: Let’s Try It Here at Home

http://humanevents.com/2006/05/08/me...-here-at-home/

Comment

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post

Well how about this. DON'T BRING YOUR KIDS HERE ILLEGALLY! Because if you're caught committing an illegal act you just might end up in jail. Try doing that in say, Mexico and see what happens. Mexico has a far better system than we do. Just a thought. Otherwise, write your Congressman so they can do their jobs and fix our immigration system, arguably the worst in the world.

Coming here illegally does not entitle the United States to permanently separate them. So how about this. YOU DON'T KIDNAP KIDS!

Next you'll tell me that if they don't want to be gassed they should just not come... as if entering illegally justifies anything that happens. Bull.

Also a pretty low bar when you compare us to Mexico. Should we be proud of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post

Mexico must not be doing this because they are allowing illegal immigrants to cross their county to reach the U.S. border.
                            • Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
                            • Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico — such as working with out a permit — can also be imprisoned.
                            Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,
                            • “A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally.” (Article 123)
                            • Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
                            • Foreigners who “attempt against national sovereignty or security” will be deported. (Article 126)
                            Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:
                            • A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
                            • Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

Comment

Coming here illegally does not entitle the United States to permanently separate them. So how about this. YOU DON'T KIDNAP KIDS!

Next you'll tell me that if they don't want to be gassed they should just not come... as if entering illegally justifies anything that happens. Bull.

Also a pretty low bar when you compare us to Mexico. Should we be proud of that?
                              Yes, by law the U.S. Government is RESPONSIBLE to separate children from parents who have been prosecuted, but why they are not reuniting them when deported is beyond me.

It says if deported then reunite them, but if the parent requests asylum, then the child /children are held elsewhere while the parent is seeking asylum.

What people are raising hell about is the parent/s now being prosecuted as a federal offense, when before they just let them go, with the kids. and perhaps never heard from them ever again, disappeared in the US, did not meet any obligations to report

Comment

Yes, by law the U.S. Government is RESPONSIBLE to separate children from parents who have been prosecuted, but why they are not reuniting them when deported is beyond me.

It says if deported then reunite them, but if the parent requests asylum, then the child /children are held elsewhere while the parent is seeking asylum.

What people are raising hell about is the parent/s now being prosecuted as a federal offense, when before they just let them go, with the kids. and perhaps never heard from them ever again, disappeared in the US, did not meet any obligations to report

Yes, it was known as"catch and release" and 90% never reappeared for their court dates, but just disappeared into "sanctuary cities" and other places. Trump just signed an EO ending the separating of families, but it's a band aid on a problem that previous administrations and the Congress have failed miserably at. It's truly disgusting to live in a country where both political parties but particularly the Democrats, will NOT solve simple problems.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/20/...border-crisis/

Comment

Working...
                                X