Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Asheren View Post

    There is simply forcing companies to close assembly plants in UK etc.

    Actualy our company has givent UK goverment pretty much a deadline till 6 months before end of transit preiod if certain issues related to medication import/export,certificates etc. are not sorted, my department, sales and some skeleeton crew HR,accounting is all that is going to be left. There are litteraly thousands of companies that are preparing to do same thing. Simply UK is too small market comparing to EU and having to redo all hops for one country is cheaper than for 26.

    Second issue i am not sure you are aware off is that some services for example certain financial ones are not allowed in EU for companies that do no reside in EU.
    I can't for the life of me see why though. Once tariffs make EU imports less competitive, UK-based companies will be in prime position to steal their market share and, for the majority of companies, that will be greater than the export market share they stand to lose simply because we're a net importer. There will be a lot of change though and winners and losers, and that is why the Chequers Plan was drafted as a way to avoid that and preserve a worse but more predictable status quo.

    Comment


    • Chequers screams panic from the UK with some wild promises that noone believes could be held. The UK has been handed two very fair options from the EU. Chequers is flawed from the start.

      Comment


      • Chequers is really the final option being offered to the EU before no deal becomes a reality, I just hope they realise that. It's the last option for both sides that's actually likely to stand a cat in hell's chance in parliament.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JMach View Post
          Chequers is really the final option being offered to the EU before no deal becomes a reality, I just hope they realise that. It's the last option for both sides that's actually likely to stand a cat in hell's chance in parliament.
          Chequers are a set of principles that the UK promises to abide to, not a "once and for all" treaty. Like always implementing without a peep EU rules on food and health. No serious person believes such an agreement would hold. It's a desperate move but too unrealistic.

          Comment


          • 5000 city jobs to go, the main headline.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JMach View Post
              I can't for the life of me see why though. Once tariffs make EU imports less competitive, UK-based companies will be in prime position to steal their market share and, for the majority of companies, that will be greater than the export market share they stand to lose simply because we're a net importer. There will be a lot of change though and winners and losers, and that is why the Chequers Plan was drafted as a way to avoid that and preserve a worse but more predictable status quo.
              Stability,predictability, better legal enforcement, cheaper and better skilled labor etc.

              Comment


              • Unscheduled meeting of Brexit negotiators

                https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45857258

                Meanwhile media estimate that number of rebels on pro EU and head in the b.tt side has reached point where May may not be able to vote the deal whatever it would be. That would result in de facto vote of no confidence for her goverment.

                ps. If someone thinks the delays are not much of a problem. In London area in proper share user warehouse you have to pay around ~80 pound per pallet on pay as you go storage. That is just for ground level storage.
                Last edited by Asheren; 14-10-2018, 11:37 AM.

                Comment


                • Even the telegraph begins to worry

                  With less than six months to go until Britain is due to formally leave the European Union in March 2019, negotiations are looking rocky. What would a "no deal" mean for you and your pension?
                  The answer will depend on whether you retire here or abroad. However, without a deal in place from next March, neither option looks too rosy.


                  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/pensions...ndation-widget

                  Sometimes I ask myself in what times do I live. So much needless destruction all around because of stupidity.


                  What comes now is total chaos,


                  never change a working system

                  Comment


                  • Teresa May and the Tories don't have a clue the UK asked for article 50 to be included and along with the EU members decided on the process of leaving the EU now that it is triggered the Tories believe the mechanism should not apply to the UK ... whereas the EU are following agreed procedures they have even went out of there way to appease the UK ... the Tories/English seem to think the UK is still a world power ... it isn't ... the truth be told it's on it's last legs a bad exit deal or no deal will result in Scotland leaving the UK and possibly troubles again in N Ireland as N Ireland also voted to remain in the EU

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tizer View Post
                      Teresa May and the Tories don't have a clue the UK asked for article 50 to be included and along with the EU members decided on the process of leaving the EU now that it is triggered the Tories believe the mechanism should not apply to the UK ... whereas the EU are following agreed procedures they have even went out of there way to appease the UK ... the Tories/English seem to think the UK is still a world power ... it isn't ... the truth be told it's on it's last legs a bad exit deal or no deal will result in Scotland leaving the UK and possibly troubles again in N Ireland as N Ireland also voted to remain in the EU

                      Looking at recent events it seem that there are preparations to use May as scapegoat in event of no deal. I have seen quite a lot of opinions recently that instead trying to make deal that could be voted throu the parliament she was trying the other way around. Blackmail, intimidate parliament to back her version of the deal to calim all the glory.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Asheren View Post


                        Looking at recent events it seem that there are preparations to use May as scapegoat in event of no deal. I have seen quite a lot of opinions recently that instead trying to make deal that could be voted throu the parliament she was trying the other way around. Blackmail, intimidate parliament to back her version of the deal to calim all the glory.
                        I still envisage a status quo scenario moving forward via the much vaunted backstop arrangement , kick the can down the road a few years until the next general election at least . Of course we could still crash out in march and if that's the case so be it , but a lifetime of apathy towards politicians makes me believe nothing much will change anytime soon . They seem to excel at that .

                        Comment


                        • Fries and Beer in Luxembourg for Merkel, Macron, Michel and Bettel- No Brexit Please

                          Sometimes even Merkel has a human touch :;

                          https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/18/e...ntl/index.html

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X