Brexit thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bfc1001 View Post

All started in the 80s for me . Massive state sell offs and the birth of readily available credit . 2008 was merely a natural end to a flawed economic policy . Completely agree on Blair / brown . Blinded by their own success they never saw it coming .
    What 'success' - all they ended up doing was importing a load of immigrants and paying loads of money we did't have to people on benefits
    Oh and Saint Bliar gave away loads of our money in foreign aid

Anyway May seems to have found a backbone at last

EU deal with us or forget the £40bn - about time too - I have thought for a long time its going to be a no deal and lets spend the £40bn on *ucking over the EU as much as we can

THERESA May yesterday told ministers to step up plans for a “no deal” Brexit. The order to be ready in case talks with Brussels collapse was a clear warning to the EU that Britain’s patience is running out.

Comment

• What's good, UK? How's that brexit thing going?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

What 'success' - all they ended up doing was importing a load of immigrants and paying loads of money we did't have to people on benefits
        Oh and Saint Bliar gave away loads of our money in foreign aid

Anyway May seems to have found a backbone at last

EU deal with us or forget the £40bn - about time too - I have thought for a long time its going to be a no deal and lets spend the £40bn on *ucking over the EU as much as we can

She does realize that EU atm. holds large chunk of UK economy litteraly by the balls. Steel industry is pretty much German controlled after fusion of Tata with Krupp, Fishing industry depends on EU exports, Automotive sector also. I saw recently legal opinion that France can litteraly close border with UK in march in event of no deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATSzmrots View Post
          What's good, UK? How's that brexit thing going?
          it will be going well when we are not giving a load of money to a bunch of ungrateful Poles

Comment

• Originally posted by Asheren View Post

She does realize that EU atm. holds large chunk of UK economy litteraly by the balls. Steel industry is pretty much German controlled after fusion of Tata with Krupp, Fishing industry depends on EU exports, Automotive sector also. I saw recently legal opinion that France can litteraly close border with UK in march in event of no deal.
            Any country that tries that will suffer a very large backlash from the British public - and we don't mess about

EU will be done by 2025 - Italy will be next out - Jerry's cannot afford UK to go so need to be sorting out a deal

We have the EU by the purse strings and we need to be pulling them

Reports are 80% of the deal is done anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

Any country that tries that will suffer a very large backlash from the British public - and we don't mess about

EU will be done by 2025 - Italy will be next out - Jerry's cannot afford UK to go so need to be sorting out a deal

We have the EU by the purse strings and we need to be pulling them

Reports are 80% of the deal is done anyway

They don't have too a standard rule set everyone else outside EU has to follow, combined with Brexodus, market response will be enough. For all three UK can only blame itself.

The 80% unimportant part. Customs, border land and sea are the most important and have not been touched almost at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATSzmrots View Post
                What's good, UK? How's that brexit thing going?
                They still dream of an empire just like the Germans and French. Guess too much of that "The greatest country in the world" ale, hangover is usually not that pretty for the drinking parties though. Probably will get a Sir Trump, Her Trump and Monsieur Trump in a failed atempt to cure it next decade.

Comment

• Five scenarios for Brexit

https://www.ft.com/content/555e6078-...d-73e3d454535d

Comment

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44838028

Donald Trump told Theresa May she should sue the EU rather than negotiate over Brexit, she has told the BBC.
                    The US president said on Friday at a joint press conference he had given her a suggestion - but she had found it too "brutal".
                    Asked by the BBC's Andrew Marr what it was he had said, she replied: "He told me I should sue the EU - not go into negotiations."
                    She defended her blueprint for Brexit and urged her critics to back it.

Comment

• Should be a slam dunk.

Comment

• Brexodus intensifies

Number of migrants from EU at 4 years lowest. Number of EU citizens leaving UK at record high. Number of EU citizens looking to work in UK down by 33%. Net migration from outside of EU at higest since 2011.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44846002

Comment

• Originally posted by Asheren View Post
                          Brexodus intensifies

Number of migrants from EU at 4 years lowest. Number of EU citizens leaving UK at record high. Number of EU citizens looking to work in UK down by 33%. Net migration from outside of EU at higest since 2011.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44846002
                          The least of Teresa Mays problems , though it does dispell the myth that the UK will be lost without EU immigration .

Comment

• Originally posted by bfc1001 View Post

The least of Teresa Mays problems , though it does dispell the myth that the UK will be lost without EU immigration .

yes i am pretty sure you could use more stanis and the like.

ps. and please please give them jobs at your company not mine i am tired of filling accident reports.
                            Last edited by Asheren; 16-07-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• From above article:

Madeleine Sumption, director of the Migration Observatory at the University of Oxford, said the data suggests the UK is "still an attractive country, but its allure for EU migrants has declined considerably over the past couple of years".
                              Shadow home secretary Diana Abbott said it was "clear to almost everyone except Theresa May that the net migration target should go".
                              But the prime minister's official spokesman said: "We remain committed to bringing net migration down to sustainable levels, and that is the tens of thousands."

But somehow the EU migrants still need being replaced. Or was the Brexit also against outer EU migrants?

Comment

• Originally posted by picanha View Post
                                Shadow home secretary Diana Abbott said it was "clear to almost everyone except Theresa May that the net migration target should go".
                                I would have her deported for being stupid - and anyone who voted for her as they will be of the same ilk

Originally posted by picanha View Post
                                But somehow the EU migrants still need being replaced. Or was the Brexit also against outer EU migrants?
                                Too many people here already - we just need to get rid of the useless ones - we certainly don't need anyone from anywhere and we should be deporting a lot more than we are - to be honest about 1/4 of Londistan to start with

Comment

Working...
                                X