Australian Election Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mindy Fashionista View Post

There is no such thing as preference deals in the lower house. All they are is how to vote cards and lets be honest. Who really pays attention to them? Based on most results over the past 20 years it's time to change the way we vote for the lower house. Put simply there is now too many rotten bouroughs to borrow the English phrase and parliement no longer is a true representation of society .

Mate,,, our system is not perfect,, nothing is perfect.,,, but,, it is a whole lot better than what they have in the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineer View Post

Mate,,, our system is not perfect,, nothing is perfect.,,, but,, it is a whole lot better than what they have in the USA.

So we should just rest on our laurels because our system is better then the yanks?

There are two really big negatives over our system. 1. If favours the elderly. 2. Fucking pork barrelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindy Fashionista View Post

So we should just rest on our laurels because our system is better then the yanks?

There are two really big negatives over our system. 1. If favours the elderly. 2. Fucking pork barrelling.
        Call it what you may,, pork barrelling,, croniesm ( not sure if spelt correct ) corruption,, ect,, exist ion all systems to varying degrees.

The chance of a completely honest politicians / government ( anywhere ) is the same as me winning Miss Universe.

If you will now excuse me,, I have to get ready to go to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by t3ngu View Post

Democracy at its best. Plus, dont forget, a good proportion of "young voters" are not even registered. They reckon around 5% of the population isn't enrolled.
          Not surprised by that, my older sister has never voted in her life and we are both born of the early flower power era

Comment

• The 2019 election is rapidly approaching.

Some are saying that Blinky Bill just dropped the ball by falling for the patented "the boat people are coming" "boats and votes" "Tampa" ploy that killed Big Kimbo in 2001.
            I'm not sure if the coalition can go back to the well on this one, but it is clear that Shorten hasn't got this issue nailed down. Mandatory detention and boat turn arounds has obviously worked, but the left factions and greens won't cop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by digrar View Post
              The 2019 election is rapidly approaching.

Some are saying that Blinky Bill just dropped the ball by falling for the patented "the boat people are coming" "boats and votes" "Tampa" ploy that killed Big Kimbo in 2001.
              I'm not sure if the coalition can go back to the well on this one, but it is clear that Shorten hasn't got this issue nailed down. Mandatory detention and boat turn arounds has obviously worked, but the left factions and greens won't cop it.
              Yeah defiantly will cost some votes, but I think the coalition are going to lose it on leadership stability and climate. not that I want to see shorten in. but the liberals aren't doing themselves any favours. But in saying that I don't think I could have voted for Turnbull either with his green ideology

Comment

Working...
              X